Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: April 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 26-33

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    SVG lead the magic to the finals, and POP did nothing special last night we have no shooters so he went zone and if Adams stop be soft last night and grab a rebound instead of that soft ****** tip it out we win so no POP did not expose SVG
    Thanks for that Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

The talent on this roster is considerable. But SVG has no presence. But it?s unfair because the comparison is with freaking Pop. I wonder if SVG even lasts to get fired next year year. He looks flustered all the time. Like he?s clueless despite giving it his all. Pop is poised and when he let his team play through our run, they responded. Never panicked. Again. Unfair comparison. He?s the Bill Belichick of basketball.
    I think this is where I disagree.

The talent on this roster is actually pretty deficient. The potential talent of this team is really high but almost none of it is actualised in on-court play yet. Jax, Naji, Kira, and when he's healthy NAW, all show signs and indicators of being potentially really good and impactful players but none of them are there yet (though some of them are closer than they were even six months ago, see: Jax) and the end result is that we just get Out-Talented most nights.

Not every night: there are other rosters without much talent as well. But very often we find ourselves playing a small handful of NBA players against a real NBA roster and that's why we get our faces rubbed into the dirt. One of the reasons, anyway.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think this is where I disagree.

The talent on this roster is actually pretty deficient. The potential talent of this team is really high but almost none of it is actualised in on-court play yet. Jax, Naji, Kira, and when he's healthy NAW, all show signs and indicators of being potentially really good and impactful players but none of them are there yet (though some of them are closer than they were even six months ago, see: Jax) and the end result is that we just get Out-Talented most nights.

Not every night: there are other rosters without much talent as well. But very often we find ourselves playing a small handful of NBA players against a real NBA roster and that's why we get our faces rubbed into the dirt. One of the reasons, anyway.
    Pelicans FO wiffing on Vet FA is kind of the pitfalls dating back to the moment we got the team. Either by injury or production. Jrue even had a rough 3 years of injury.

James Posey
    Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson
    Eric Gordon
    Omer Asik
    Solomon Hill
    ET Moore
    Demarcus Cousin
    Derrick Favors
    JJ Redick
    Eric Bledsoe
    Steven Adams
    Etc.

Such a horrendous list of Whiffs

Our best ones was Tyson Chandler, Jrue Holiday, and maybe Julius Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Pelicans FO wiffing on Vet FA is kind of the pitfalls dating back to the moment we got the team. Either by injury or production. Jrue even had a rough 3 years of injury.

James Posey
    Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson
    Eric Gordon
    Omer Asik
    Solomon Hill
    ET Moore
    Demarcus Cousin
    Derrick Favors
    JJ Redick
    Eric Bledsoe
    Steven Adams
    Etc.

Whiffs

Don’t forget JJ Redick

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The talent on this roster is considerable. But SVG has no presence. But it?s unfair because the comparison is with freaking Pop. I wonder if SVG even lasts to get fired next year year. He looks flustered all the time. Like he?s clueless despite giving it his all. Pop is poised and when he let his team play through our run, they responded. Never panicked. Again. Unfair comparison. He?s the Bill Belichick of basketball.
    "Straight C" Talent from a bunch of Graduate School Students will trump "Straight A" Talent from a bunch of Kindergarteners everyday. And that's what you have, with limited exception, a bunch of babies competing with a bunch of men...physically, emotionally, and mentally.
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-25-2021 at 04:49 PM.

James Posey
    Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson
    Eric Gordon
    Omer Asik
    Solomon Hill
    ET Moore
    Demarcus Cousin
    Derrick Favors
    JJ Redick
    Eric Bledsoe
    Steven Adams
    Etc.

Best don’t forget Rondo. Yeah we kicked playoff Rondo to curb. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Best don’t forget Rondo. Yeah we kicked playoff Rondo to curb. Lol

We didn't kick him to the curb. I believe we got outbided.

We didn't kick him to the curb. I believe we got outbided.
    Everyone: ''Why did we take Bledsoe ugh washed old vet who doesn't try taking minutes from the youth!!!''

Also people: ''Why didn't we go all out to retain Rondo?''

The mind boggles.

Everyone: ''Why did we take Bledsoe ugh washed old vet who doesn't try taking minutes from the youth!!!''

The mind boggles.
    Not really.

One brings squat...an absolute zero...the poorest of poor examples for our youth to emulate.

The other would have brought a 'refuse to lose' mentality to an impressionable roster of young wannabe's and shown them the true meaning of professionalism. The Looney Tune aficionado didn't have anyone to emulate either.

Aside: For you, dae, if you can't measure it...it doesn't exist except when it comes to One. Indeed, the mind boggles!!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-25-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Just to be accurate - we tried to bring back Rondo. Tried really hard, actually. But he chose LA
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Not really.

One brings squat...an absolute zero...the poorest of poor examples for our youth to emulate.

The other would have brought a 'refuse to lose' mentality to an impressionable roster of young wannabe's and shown them the true meaning of professionalism. The Looney Tune aficionado didn't have anyone to emulate either.

Aside: For you, dae, if you can't measure it...it doesn't exist except when it comes to One. Indeed, the mind boggles!!!
    You can't teach 'refuse to lose'.
    You either have it or you don't.

You shouldn't need someone to teach you that.
    Too many players say they hate to lose, but deep down they dont mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

You can teach someone how to be a professional in any field. If not, what's the purpose of internships?

If you ever need open heart surgery, just find some freshman in Medical school. huh?
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-25-2021 at 09:48 PM.

You can teach someone how to be a professional in any field. If not, what's the purpose of internships?

If you ever need open heart surgery, just find some freshman in Medical school. huh?
    There's a difference between being a professional, and having the "refuse to lose" mentality. I'd bet there's not 15 players in the NBA right now that fit that description. CP3, Rondo,.... heck, it may be less than 10.

Bringing up Rondo a touchy subject . I see.

The mind boggles.
    You like comparing apples to oranges. McNamara is right about you.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-25-2021 at 10:07 PM.

There's also, in case people have somehow missed it, no such thing as ''refuse to lose''.

The whole thing about losing is that ultimately, it's not within your control. You don't get offered a yes no and you pick; that's just not how it works. All you can ever do is your best and what happens happens.

When Michael Jordan was getting bounced out of the first round of the playoffs was that because he just didn't ''refuse to lose'' enough, or was it because despite his best efforts the circumstances just weren't right for him to win those games? When Lebron faced the Warriors with Kyrie and Love and lost, was that because Lebron didn't ''refuse to lose'' enough, or was he just at a massive disadvantage that even his best efforts couldn't overcome?

When people talk about players ''refusing to lose'' all they're doing is throwing up a semi-supernatural veil of confusion to avoid actually talking about the complexities of what the player actually does on the court to either win or lose games. Thinking critically and watching the games and doing analysis is difficult for some people so they just pretend it's Dragon Ball Z where if the player believes enough they'll just power up another stage and win. Obviously some people perform well under pressure and respond well to adversity but at the end of the day you can respond as well as you like, if the other team is just flat better there's nothing you can do.

Again, I ask, dae, who shares the ball more on this team as evidenced by averaging 35%+ more assists per game, "Point Zion" or "ISO Ingram"?

There's also, in case people have somehow missed it, no such thing as ''refuse to lose''.

The whole thing about losing is that ultimately, it's not within your control. You don't get offered a yes no and you pick; that's just not how it works. All you can ever do is your best and what happens happens.

When Michael Jordan was getting bounced out of the first round of the playoffs was that because he just didn't ''refuse to lose'' enough, or was it because despite his best efforts the circumstances just weren't right for him to win those games? When Lebron faced the Warriors with Kyrie and Love and lost, was that because Lebron didn't ''refuse to lose'' enough, or was he just at a massive disadvantage that even his best efforts couldn't overcome?

When people talk about players ''refusing to lose'' all they're doing is throwing up a semi-supernatural veil of confusion to avoid actually talking about the complexities of what the player actually does on the court to either win or lose games. Thinking critically and watching the games and doing analysis is difficult for some people so they just pretend it's Dragon Ball Z where if the player believes enough they'll just power up another stage and win. Obviously some people perform well under pressure and respond well to adversity but at the end of the day you can respond as well as you like, if the other team is just flat better there's nothing you can do.
    I was just quoting.
    What I mean is there are players like CP3, Lebron and Kobe as an example who hate to lose and then there are others who just love to win.

I was just quoting.
    What I mean is there are players like CP3, Lebron and Kobe as an example who hate to lose and then there are others who just love to win.
    I know, it's just a narrative I hate.

Whoever wins in a given year just ''wanted it more''. It's so ridiculous; it's unknowable and is based entirely on superficial expectations for how people should act in certain situations. We have no idea what people's inner feelings are like, and there's so much in the game that's beyond their control. I wish people were willing to talk about basketball as a sport rather than some weird semi-spiritual magic driven by vibes and vague urges.

I know, it's just a narrative I hate.
    That and Brandon Ingram, huh?

As great as Zion is, this is still a guard driven league. The Pels number one priority in the offseason is to acquire a legit PG/SG.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    As great as Zion is, this is still a guard driven league. The Pels number one priority in the offseason is to acquire a legit PG/SG.
    No the biggest thing this team needs is a closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    No the biggest thing this team needs is a closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We already got the loser covered...just need a C to complete that

That and Brandon Ingram, huh?
    Or Eric Bledsoe leaving the court before the game is over, forgets why he is there. Yeah let’s compare him to Rondo . There is a difference Dae
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-26-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Thread Information