Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: April 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 26-33

Basketball Guru
    whole team need to stay on the court and practice free throws...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Whew. That was close. Good loss.
    They are honestly only about 9 games away from being truly eliminated. Then just pack in the rest.

The defense continues to perplex. They sag off deeply no matter how good the shooters are. They rarely, if ever, send help against the other team's best player. They do not switch defenses often at all.

Meanwhile the opposition throws the defensive kitchen sink at the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    15 missed free throws in one game. That has to be close to some type of record.
    Drummond once personally missed 23 FTs in one game, so I don't think 15 will cut it for the record books
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Drummond once personally missed 23 FTs in one game, so I don't think 15 will cut it for the record books
    I said close, not a record itself.

I said close, not a record itself.
    I know, I was giving a related but (attempted) joke answer to lighten the mood a bit

Oh also?

32/7/8 for Derozan: add it to the list of guards who have fried us this year

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I don’t like to be the guy cheering for losses, but this was a great loss. Kept it close and just fell short. I like it when we lose and keep it close in regards to the tank. It takes a certain finesse
    I can't do it guys. Losing sucks, I can't justify myself cheering for losses for the sake of a better pick.... like, we shouldn't even be in this position. An offseason ago, we were perhaps the most promising young core in the league. It's hard to process such a swift negative turnaround in less than a year. I mean, Steven Adams, Bledsoe, Iwundu, Lonzo.... we had Jrue Holiday as a trade piece at one point, this still feels surreal to me.

You just let Rozen waltz into a mid range, against single coverage, against a rookie.

Multiple times.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Griffin should hire David Goggins to come kick this team in the ******. Im dead serious.

I truly, even long-term, only expect Zion to make 2 more fts than he made tonight. So 9-13 at least.

Steven I never expect to make any so 0-2....bravo.
    BI has to make ALL, so 6-6.
    Naji and Bledose miss maybe 1 each so 3-4 and 4-5.
    Lonzo I never expect him to ever even generate an attempt, so 0-0 bravo again.

So that would put them at 24-32 tonight. That 7 points left on the board just from free throws.

Don't know the butterfly effect from that, but I suspect it would have put San Antonio in trail mode late instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not a big comic book guy but isn't Squirrelgirl like, canonically incredibly powerful?

I’m convinced that Griffin traded for some of these players to help with the stealth tank this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Really really want at least Moody. Give us that please dear lord
    Moody would be a perfect fit on this roster outside of Cunningham IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I’m convinced that Griffin traded for some of these players to help with the stealth tank this year.
    I also think this

He could turn out to be a genius

They need to find that 3rd all around basketball player. And I mean that 3rd guy behind BI and Zion. Which is why I'm more and more against going after someone like Kispert.

They need to find that player either in the draft or if they trade the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    This is actually pretty dope, my friend.

They need to find that 3rd all around basketball player. And I mean that 3rd guy behind BI and Zion. Which is why I'm more and more against going after someone like Kispert.

They need to find that player either in the draft or if they trade the pick.
    I think that's why I value Moody so highly for us in this draft, and Wagner. Larger, wing sized guys who don't need to ball in their hands to have an impact but who also have shown signs of having something in the way of creation and ballhandling so that they can be given some level of secondary or tertiary creation responsibility. There's compromises with each one, in that Moody is the superior shooter at this point imo but whose creation flashes have been slightly less proven, whereas I trust Wagner more on-ball but his shooting is sometimes a bit shaky.

Both project well though.

Then obviously Cade is the best guy. One of the best shooting prospects in the draft, absurd on-ball creator, really strong team defender.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I?m convinced that Griffin traded for some of these players to help with the stealth tank this year.
    The NBA will make sure we do not win lottery ever again even if it means breaking out the envelopes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1kMlG8c7Y

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is actually pretty dope, my friend.
    Anything that distracts me from this horrible basketball team is a win in my book.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There?s something unique about seeing this team live in action for the first time. Zion is more incredible because unfiltered by 29.97 frames per second or whatever TV is he?s even more explosive and quick despite looking like the buffest dude on the court. Also he looks way less big when you use your real eyes. TV really adds pounds. I don?t know why I forgot that.

Ingram is pretty slow. Like in footspeed. He?s smooth. Fluid. Arms stretch all over. But man he doesn?t even take large strides like talking about. He?s got to be smarter and craftier and you see it when he moves. Also he?s always talking strategy with guys on the sidelines during FTs and timeouts. Like a few times he?s chatting Hernangomez.

Kira and Lonzo are so fast but neither can finish at the rim.

Naji isn?t very good. Fearful with the ball. But he?s got wingspan and tries on defense. He could turn into a smaller Kenrich or Tony Allen type once he gets experience.

Bledsoe.

Adams.

Hayes still isn?t fully there mentally. But I know he tries. And his fast with big strides. His range is half the court. Seriously.

The talent on this roster is considerable. But SVG has no presence. But it?s unfair because the comparison is with freaking Pop. I wonder if SVG even lasts to get fired next year year. He looks flustered all the time. Like he?s clueless despite giving it his all. Pop is poised and when he let his team play through our run, they responded. Never panicked. Again. Unfair comparison. He?s the Bill Belichick of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There?s something unique about seeing this team live in action for the first time. Zion is more incredible because unfiltered by 29.97 frames per second or whatever TV is he?s even more explosive and quick despite looking like the buffest dude on the court. Also he looks way less big when you use your real eyes. TV really adds pounds. I don?t know why I forgot that.

Ingram is pretty slow. Like in footspeed. He?s smooth. Fluid. Arms stretch all over. But man he doesn?t even take large strides like talking about. He?s got to be smarter and craftier and you see it when he moves. Also he?s always talking strategy with guys on the sidelines during FTs and timeouts. Like a few times he?s chatting Hernangomez.

Naji isn?t very good. Fearful with the ball. But he?s got wingspan and tries on defense. He could turn into a smaller Kenrich or Tony Allen type once he gets experience.

Bledsoe.

Adams.

Hayes still isn?t fully there mentally. But I know he tries. And his fast with big strides. His range is half the court. Seriously.

The talent on this roster is considerable. But SVG has no presence. But it?s unfair because the comparison is with freaking Pop. I wonder if SVG even lasts to get fired next year year. He looks flustered all the time. Like he?s clueless despite giving it his all. Pop is poised and when he let his team play through our run, they responded. Never panicked. Again. Unfair comparison. He?s the Bill Belichick of basketball.
    So you are blaming Griffin then?

Bledsoe.

Adams.

Well, Shaq did call SVG a “master of panic” when they were in Miami, which led to Riley taking over mid-season. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself. We have to show Zion some type of stability.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So you are blaming Griffin then?
    For hiring SVG and trading for Bledsoe and Adams? Yeah. But I can’t only hate that and then not like the move to draft Kira Hayes or NAW.

For hiring SVG and trading for Bledsoe and Adams? Yeah. But I can’t only hate that and then not like the move to draft Kira Hayes or NAW.
    Then I agree . SVG had one good year when he had Alonzo, Shaq, Wade. Pop exposed him as a bad coach last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Then I agree . SVG had one good year when he had Alonzo, Shaq, Wade. Pop exposed him as a bad coach last night.
    SVG lead the magic to the finals, and POP did nothing special last night we have no shooters so he went zone and if Adams stop be soft last night and grab a rebound instead of that soft ****** tip it out we win so no POP did not expose SVG

Thread Information