Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: April 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Brooklyn Nets - 25-32

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    31 games with zero playoff minutes. That just further proves my point.
    HUH!! Are you brain dea..... Never mind.

They didn't play with Omer.

Not a god shooting night from Naji. From the Ft line in particular. Had to be just a mental thing. He had made 10 straight FTs before tonight.

But the guy just produces. 15/7/6 with another 2 steals trying to handle Kyrie. Thats 5 steals in the last 3 games.

Keep finding these and the near future will be ok.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-20-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Yep. If Naji improves his shooting he becomes a real weapon

Can we send Bledsoe to Australia since Didi is coming over?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Already, he's the best guard on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Another benefit of Zo leaving that frees up more time for Fred to work with other players lol. But being for real I did hear that Josh wanted to work with Fred during the last off season but Josh said Fred was to busy with other players or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not a god shooting night from Naji. From the Ft line in particular. Had to be just a mental thing. He had made 10 straight FTs before tonight.

But the guy just produces. 15/7/6 with another 2 steals trying to handle Kyrie. Thats 5 steals in the last 3 games.

Keep finding these and the near future will be ok.
    For real. The shooting comes and goes, that's fine, I don't think anyone expects him to be one of the best shooters in the league and that's what you need to be if you want to basically never have an off night. But like you say, there's ways to produce when the shot isn't falling and he did that. Passes well, especially on the move, and plays hard defense. That buys minutes, every time.
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Inaugural season baby (we've been Peling even before we were the Pels...)

And thanks for making a dude feel old
    I'm here with you if it makes you feel any better.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    http://www.tankathon.com/

We are closing in fast on the lottery. Washington and Chicago are screwing up their tank modes.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post

We are closing in fast on the lottery. Washington and Chicago are screwing up their tank modes.
    Moving up one spot in the lottery, from 11th to 10th, basically doubles our odds of a top 4 pick from about 9% to about 17%. That's a huge leap from just one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Moving up one spot in the lottery, from 11th to 10th, basically doubles our odds of a top 4 pick from about 9% to about 17%. That's a huge leap from just one spot.
    Crazy enough I just ran the sim 5 times and we landed a top 4 pick 4 times haha

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post

We an almost sure fire win Thursday against the Magic

We only got two other tankers on the schedule with OKC and Minny.

Possibly LA resting players.

If we get settled at 8th. That's a really great spot.

We an almost sure fire win Thursday against the Magic

We only got two other tankers on the schedule with OKC and Minny.

Possibly LA resting players.

If we get settled at 8th. That's a really great spot.
    The one silver lining we can possibly hang our hats on for this turbulent season.

I was not an advocate for tanking, and I'm still not in the strictest sense. However, I'm definitely done looking at the 10th seed and I'm all in for finding out what the young guys have and am okay if we end up losing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I?m kind of glad I sold these tix. I would?ve wanted to see Durant or Harden play. Not just Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I was not an advocate for tanking, and I'm still not in the strictest sense. However, I'm definitely done looking at the 10th seed and I'm all in for finding out what the young guys have and am okay if we end up losing.
    Maaaan listen I'm all for the betterment of this team future. I ALWAYS been a bigger picture guy, but everyone has different opinions
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Maaaan listen I'm all for the betterment of this team future. I ALWAYS been a bigger picture guy, but everyone has different opinions
    As am I. I just happened to believe that instilling a culture of winning was better for the team's future than another middle lottery pick. I think we've got plenty of youth, and not enough winning experience. At this point, it's clear the winning is not happening this year.

The better the pick, the better the player you get when you trade it. I dont think they are adding another rookie regardless. The difference between the 7th pick and the 12th could be the difference in trading Bledsoe and the pick for Jerami Grant instead of Larry Nance (just an example)
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The better the pick, the better the player you get when you trade it. I dont think they are adding another rookie regardless. The difference between the 7th pick and the 12th could be the difference in trading Bledsoe and the pick for Jerami Grant instead of Larry Nance (just an example)
    Either way (better player via trade or via draft) is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Either way (better player via trade or via draft) is fine.
    Anything but an 18 or 19 year old. They are never ready to contribute now (the all-knowing Zion clock is ticking) and when they are skilled enough to contribute, they are on the first flight out of town.

Thread Information