Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Didi Joins the Pelicans

I was told by some resident PR experts Didi was "never" coming over. Despite my attempts to persuade otherwise.

Fooled again I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I was told by some resident PR experts Didi was "never" coming over. Despite my attempts to persuade otherwise.

Fooled again I tell ya.
    Eh, the odds are for any stash player that they never come over. The vast majority of them never do. Adam Hanga was drafted by the Spurs in 2011 and has yet to play a single NBA minute; and that's not unusual.

Betting on a second round stash guy to never play in the NBA is one of the least contentious things you can do.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Eh, the odds are for any stash player that they never come over. The vast majority of them never do. Adam Hanga was drafted by the Spurs in 2011 and has yet to play a single NBA minute; and that's not unusual.

Betting on a second round stash guy to never play in the NBA is one of the least contentious things you can do.
    Yes. It's the easy thing to do especially if said player isn't playing like the MVP of the NBL. Like it's extremely easy to claim some player that went undrafted and signed as a 2-way will 'be forgotten in a few years.' That's easy. Requires no real analysis. My grandma could say that.

But, if you have actual basketball acumen, not hard to see they'd eventually bring Didi Louzada over. I have no idea who Adam Hanga is or what his basketball skills look like. Doesn't take much for me to know Tony Carr will likely never play an NBA minute either.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-18-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Basketball Guru
    i guess i finally get to see why some of yall are real high on this dude...

Fooled again I tell ya.
    Some people are so desperate to be right that they will make bold claims based on nothing but their own conjecture and throw a huge hissyfit when people so much as speculate over something they disagree with. I don’t get it. Wish we had less of that personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Some people are so desperate to be right that they will make bold claims based on nothing but their own conjecture and throw a huge hissyfit when people so much as speculate over something they disagree with. I don’t get it. Wish we had less of that personally.
    It's a bit weird, like, I think everyone makes enough predictions every year for at least some of them to come true. I know I've got my own collection of hits and misses, and so does basically every other fan, it's pretty normal.

It's a bit weird, like, I think everyone makes enough predictions every year for at least some of them to come true. I know I've got my own collection of hits and misses, and so does basically every other fan, it's pretty normal.
    It would just be nice if everyone was friendly and could tolerate others instead of getting so bent out of shape. I just remember how toxic this place was when GA was around. There is no need to be right all the time and be an arse to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It would just be nice if everyone was friendly and could tolerate others instead of getting so bent out of shape. I just remember how toxic this place was when GA was around. There is no need to be right all the time and be an arse to everyone.
    I'm considering trying to be more positive, I know I contribute to it sometimes. I'm thinking that, next game, I might only post positive stuff that's happening and not mention any bad play and just seeing how it goes.

I don't know who made bold claims based on "nothing" regarding this topic.

I know I said day 1 they'd eventually bring him over and gave a multitude of reasons and statistics why.

That wasn't met with some "reasonable speculation" they wouldn't. It was instead met with vitriolic responses like I must be some pom pom waving idiot fan to ever think they would.

Well...we see how that turned out.

I'm considering trying to be more positive, I know I contribute to it sometimes. I'm thinking that, next game, I might only post positive stuff that's happening and not mention any bad play and just seeing how it goes.
    I think it’s fine to be critical as it opens discussion. And while a lot of people have been super negative lately, I get it. Pelslife is a thing. It just should never reach a personal level and people should at the very least be able to talk to each other without being condescending or buttheads. Most people don’t go there to be fair. Just a couple here and there

I know I said day 1 they'd eventually bring him over and gave a multitude of reasons and statistics why.

That wasn't met with some "reasonable speculation" they wouldn't. It was instead met with vitriolic responses like I must be some pom pom waving idiot fan to ever think they would.

I was agreeing with you mate

I've been waiting for him to come over. I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    26.4% from three? That doesn?t sound encouraging at all
    Right

Hope he can be more than an Andre Robertson type
    Last edited by All Metro; 04-18-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    SIGN A SF

You always play this victim that has these brilliant ideas in the face of fools to say these hyperbolic statements. Show us these posts of all these people who say he isnt coming over. I would LOVE to see them. My guess is that some people said he wont amount to anything and/or be good, make a difference - which is the most likely outcome. But very few top 35 picks have never played a minute in the NBA. So, you are the one that was making an obvious claim (that he will come over).

Your victimhood complex is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Someone needs to hug you and tell you that you are great. You seem to need that.
    @mcnamara247

yea we need more posters who care more about the pelicans than they do about being right and winning an argument.

I mean I used to be in the latter group, so I get it, but chill.

Anyway, I know Didi floundered in the NBL, but he moves like an NBA player on defense, so it will be nice to add a little energy for a few minutes a game. I hope he doesn't just get Wenyen-ed. I'm assuming the multi-year part is non guaranteed?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You always play this victim that has these brilliant ideas in the face of fools to say these hyperbolic statements. Show us these posts of all these people who say he isnt coming over. I would LOVE to see them. My guess is that some people said he wont amount to anything and/or be good, make a difference - which is the most likely outcome. But very few top 35 picks have never played a minute in the NBA. So, you are the one that was making an obvious claim (that he will come over).

Your victimhood complex is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Someone needs to hug you and tell you that you are great. You seem to need that.
    There is no hyperbole here. I am obviously a fan of Didi and said he was coming over day 1. Other folks said he was NEVER coming over because he sucks. Go talk to those folks.

Now I am pointing that out. Why? Because I can.

You can call that "victim hood" or whatever you want. I don't care. Your opinion or anything you have to say is meaningless to me. I don't follow your posts at all. But your stupid *** keeps indulging me with yours. Why? First Naji, now here you are again with this. You're really getting on my nerves.

Once again, get a life. Use the ignore feature if my "victimhood" is too much for you to handle.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-19-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Cool. Looking forward to the next time you had a brilliant idea nobody else saw coming. Got lotto numbers?

By the way, man...you are good enough. Everybody likes you and you are smart. Keep moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Start his multi year deal with 16 games left in the season? Bruh I'm done with this front office.
    Agree. Not sure I understand the rationale of doing this now rather than waiting to start his contract next season. The only long shot possibility is if they think he can show enough to make him a positive in a trade in the offseason. That is a huge long shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Agree. Not sure I understand the rationale of doing this now rather than waiting to start his contract next season. The only long shot possibility is if they think he can show enough to make him a positive in a trade in the offseason. That is a huge long shot though.
    Strictly speaking statistically, I haven’t seen anything from Didi that stands out to me as useful for this team atm (but I’ll admit I haven’t watched him play overseas). Maybe they see something in him defensively. Maybe Vinson wants to fine tune his shooting and we feel he isn’t getting the experience they had hoped for overseas. It may be as simple as him being trade fodder. I’m with y’all that I’m unsure why he is being signed now with 16 games left. We will see I guess. I haven’t kept up with him

When thinking of what Didi brings to the team, and using his current stats as a baseline, just remember what Steven Adams said during his segment of “Old Man and the Three” segment with JJ Reddick a few weeks back. When he came into the NBA his stats at Pitt were nothing to get excited about. He was a 7/6/2 player. He was told by NBA folks that his game would translate in the NBA and that he should give the draft a shot. He did, and he proved those folks right, he is more than a 7/6/2 player on a mediocre college basketball team.

I doubt Didi comes in and becomes Michael Redd, or some sniper that opens the floor for this team, but i am not going to give more than a passing thought about his time in Australia. He played. His legs are fresh. That’s all.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This is all about avoiding the luxury tax. You get a kid that can fit under the cap and you can modify the pay to fit him in. Was having trouble doing that from a 10 day contract. New Orleans and ironically, Charlotte, are the only teams that have not had to pay the luxury tax. I don't even think Didi fitting into the future had anything to do with this. Just saving money.

Does anyone know if he plays for the Pelicans this season?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23datruGOAT View Post
    Does anyone know if he plays for the Pelicans this season?
    I believe he is technically allowed to. Whether he actually will or not is unsure: he's just arrived and we have basically no time for practices at this point. That said, we do have a few injuries and Wenyen Gabriel is getting minutes so anything is possible.

I believe he is technically allowed to. Whether he actually will or not is unsure: he's just arrived and we have basically no time for practices at this point. That said, we do have a few injuries and Wenyen Gabriel is getting minutes so anything is possible.
    Wenyen looked decent in the last game

Thread Information