Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I miss Frank Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Post ASB that year -- 24.6 ppg, 50 from field, 35 from 3 about 18 shots a game

Same guy. Just allowed to do it. Like, sure he got more skilled maybe. But basically the same guy.
    Solid stat check, though I'd argue going from 35%-40% from the arc is the difference between being seen as a league-average shooter as opposed to a high-level shooter. His boards and particularly his assists are also significantly up, indicating an expanding offensive contribution to team success.

I guess the question is why you view Randle as a third-option kind of guy on a good team? He seems like he's become more than that and not sure that was not foreseeable given, as you point out, his performance when given a greater role on the Pels post-AD. I'd think he'd have to be an absolute dog on defense and maybe a selfish player not to want his offensive production on your team. As he is a solid citizen on a team that plays good defense, those concerns don't seem that valid. Fit with Zion's Pels? Maybe a concern. But as a basketball fan, I'd love to see those two tanks pounding teams from both sides of the floor...

If he continues being a 40% guy through this year and multiple years, then he will have improved. But history says he will be right back down or around that 35% mark soon enough

I think the core of why you and I wont agree is because I give no value to the regular season. Like, none. People get all caught up in regular season numbers and rank guys based on them during the season and then we see who the real guys are in the playoffs. On a great team, I think Randle is a super sub or maybe he can be a high usage guy if he is next to a top 1 or 2 player in the league and the other guys are all garbage pail rebounders, defenders, catch and shoot guys, etc.

As for "both sides of the floor" - that would be the worst defensive front court of all time. But again, he is a fine player, fine scorer. Perfect situation for him right now. But my belief is if Randle is ever on a team that really wins, it will be in more of a super sub role. I dont think he played good basketball - at all - yesterday. But he scored points and got assists. He doesnt have a role anything like that on a really good team, and definitely wouldnt have had it here. And if he did, Ingram and Zion would have lost developmental touches.
    @mcnamara247

We really here? We miss Frank Jackson? For real?

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE CLOWN US.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    We really here? We miss Frank Jackson? For real?

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE CLOWN US.
    Because we want to win? Hey remember that Jimmer guy? He has been scoring 70 in China. It?s not propaganda either from what I here.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-19-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Frank spaces the floor for the Pistons. We don?t have anyone spacing the floor right now, and we are upset we don?t have anyone that can space the floor. But...yes? People are clowning us because we want a floor spacer but not Frank Jackson. If that ain?t this fanbase in a nutshell.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-19-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information