Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: April 18th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks(Round 2) Gameday thread 12:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Lonzo got caught in no man's land as it appears he was thinking he needed to go to Rose to foul him since Bledsoe failed. He should never have left Bullock regardless. Bledsoe comment about not paying attention is a HUGE red flag. To me it is an indication of the lack of respect this team has for SVG. They really need to move on from him sooner than later.
    What he can do is bench Bledsoe next game like he benched Naji for whatever he did off court.

Hold players accountable no matter who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What he can do is bench Bledsoe next game like he benched Naji for whatever he did off court.

He could, but will he?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Lonzo got caught in no man's land as it appears he was thinking he needed to go to Rose to foul him since Bledsoe failed. He should never have left Bullock regardless. Bledsoe comment about not paying attention is a HUGE red flag. To me it is an indication of the lack of respect this team has for SVG. They really need to move on from him sooner than later.
    Yea, when one guy doesn’t do his job it often creates a domino effect on the team.

The thing that’s most troubling to me is that Bledsoe has allegedly been a “mentor” figure to Kira. God only knows what advice he’s giving the kid.

Nah let's blame Stan Van.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 04-19-2021 at 10:25 AM.

We will be better, or we won’t. Either way, we are a long way from being a team anyone should be putting cases in.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Yea, when one guy doesn’t do his job it often creates a domino effect on the team.

The thing that’s most troubling to me is that Bledsoe has allegedly been a “mentor” figure to Kira. God only knows what advice he’s giving the kid.

yeah i dont blame lonzo because bledsoe was the head that cause the system to break.....bledsoe had one job and that was to foul..when he failed to do his job then thats when the system broke and you had lonzo thinking to foul by leaving his man.......the plan was to foul and lonzo reacted to the plan because bledsoe didnt do his job..........

bottom line , we just have to cut bait with our starting back court...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    yeah i dont blame lonzo because bledsoe was the head that cause the system to break.....bledsoe had one job and that was to foul..when he failed to do his job then thats when the system broke and you had lonzo thinking to foul by leaving his man.......the plan was to foul and lonzo reacted to the plan because bledsoe didnt do his job..........

bottom line , we just have to cut bait with our starting back court...
    If you watch the replay, it looks like the rest of the team was expecting the foul as Knox was left open as well.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    These guys are low IQ players.

BI has had games where we only need to bleed the clock and he shoots 5 seconds into the 24. I don't know if it will ever click for him.

Lonzo is just inconsistent every single game. Just leave already.

Bledsoe is doing everything he can to lose games because he doesnt even want to be here.

Adams seems to be always falling down or flailing about. The man has zero offensive ability. He is useless next to Zion.

NAW, Zion, Kira, Jax all get a pass because they are basically rookies/2nd year guys who are still learning.

At this point the rotation should be all of the young guys. Just run Kira/NAW/BI/Zion/Jax and Didi can plug in for whoever to get some PT. Hart should be in there too.

Watching Adams and Bledsoe is the worst. Adams is a good guy, but he is a square peg in a round hole. Bledsoe is on a level with Eric Gordon right now for me.
    Last edited by ragincaucasian; 04-19-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

This is what confuses me.

SVG said emphatically early in the season, when questioned about the youth not playing, that minutes are earned not given.

So explain Bledsoe. He's played like hot garbage for months and he starts, he gets his 30 minutes a night, and he closes.

Both of these things can't be true. Either minutes are earned or Bledsoe gets that on-court time: which is it Stan?
    Basketball.

"I wasn't paying attention... lack of focus"

This is inexcusable. Start Zo and Marshall and bring in Kyra as the 1st guard off the bench. If Bledsoe's play hasn't earned him alot of time on the bench... this right here should.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is what confuses me.

SVG said emphatically early in the season, when questioned about the youth not playing, that minutes are earned not given.

So explain Bledsoe. He's played like hot garbage for months and he starts, he gets his 30 minutes a night, and he closes.

Both of these things can't be true. Either minutes are earned or Bledsoe gets that on-court time: which is it Stan?
    Yes this is the most puzzling thing to me

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    These guys are low IQ players.

BI has had games where we only need to bleed the clock and he shoots 5 seconds into the 24. I don't know if it will ever click for him.

Lonzo is just inconsistent every single game. Just leave already.

Bledsoe is doing everything he can to lose games because he doesnt even want to be here.

Adams seems to be always falling down or flailing about. The man has zero offensive ability. He is useless next to Zion.

NAW, Zion, Kira, Jax all get a pass because they are basically rookies/2nd year guys who are still learning.

At this point the rotation should be all of the young guys. Just run Kira/NAW/BI/Zion/Jax and Didi can plug in for whoever to get some PT. Hart should be in there too.

Watching Adams and Bledsoe is the worst. Adams is a good guy, but he is a square peg in a round hole. Bledsoe is on a level with Eric Gordon right now for me.
    I disagree about Adams. Dude is working his arse off and is getting a ton of offensive rebounds. His offensive skills are not as bad as some think. It’s weird that he is less shy to score at the beginning of the games. I wish he worked on his free throws though

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I disagree about Adams. Dude is working his arse off and is getting a ton of offensive rebounds. His offensive skills are not as bad as some think. It’s weird that he is less shy to score at the beginning of the games. I wish he worked on his free throws though
    yeah adams free throws be killing me...

That game sums up the season so far. This is a very bad team defensively.

I recall Griff recently echoing the “minuets are earned, not given” sentiments. Do they believe half of the crap they say?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I recall Griff recently echoing the “minuets are earned, not given” sentiments. Do they believe half of the crap they say?
    The players see right through this, and instead of building a culture of meritocracy, you build a culture of CRAP.

Nobody will want to come play for a coach or GM who doesn't stick to their word.

And the funny thing is....the players that they are playing are ruining what little reputation that Griff and SVG had. Just dumb all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    The players see right through this, and instead of building a culture of meritocracy, you build a culture of CRAP.

Nobody will want to come play for a coach or GM who doesn't stick to their word.

And the funny thing is....the players that they are playing are ruining what little reputation that Griff and SVG had. Just dumb all the way around.
    Truth to what JJ said on his way out.

I imagine most NBA front offices and coaches can’t be trusted, but for a player like JJ to say what he did, and for this organizations actions to lend credence to it, yeah, have fun storming the castle of building a winning team.

Thread Information