Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: April 18th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks(Round 2) Gameday thread 12:00pm

Pelicans April 18th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks(Round 2) Gameday thread 12:00pm

Guess I’ ll start the thread. 12:00 pm (Central)bell time. Place:MSG . TV:ESPN/ABC/ESPN+

Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-17-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Oh and another stat. That is MVP numbers folks.

Well

This feels weird
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Oh and another stat. That is MVP numbers folks.

AAHHH, what could have been? But, everyone in here knew that two twos for a one year rental was a much better value.

SMH

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Y’all need to let that go. What benefit is it to dwell on?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Y’all need to let that go. What benefit is it to dwell on?
    You are right. It is what it is. Enjoy the Stan & Eric Bledsoe show today live from MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    AAHHH, what could have been? But, everyone in here knew that two twos for a one year rental was a much better value.

SMH
    There is no way he would pair well with Zion. He is too selfish and demands the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well

This feels weird
    Yeah, I prefer your game day threads with all the analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    There is no way he would pair well with Zion. He is too selfish and demands the ball.
    Who? Zion? I don't think so. I think he wants to be a good teammate; I really do!!

QUESTION

What selfish Knick leads his team in assists per game?

Who on the Knicks is shooting 40% ++ from three?

What demanding Knick leads his team in rebounding?

Who shoots free throws at an 80% clip for the Knicks?

NAH!!! He wouldn't complement Zion or BI at all...not in the least. SMH!!

(See last Wednesday's Analysis for a refresher)

Yeah I like Julius a lot on and off the court but he is a player that demands a ton of the ball. Class act guy and would have gladly had him back if we didn’t land Zion. I like the two guys we have right now. Especially like how BI is learning to protect his handle better against pressure and his playmaking seems to be advancing by the game. Both he and Z have been very unselfish which is a good sign that they can coexist.

So choose Eric Bledsoe instead?

Why waste time reading it? Stan sure don’t. It is the same ole shir each game.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Why waste time reading it? Stan sure don’t. It is the same ole shir each game.
    If you base the sorts of things you appreciate on whether or not people with power appreciate it, you'll live a very miserable life.

Its weird having a game on at a relatively normal time here. The last one wasn't even that long ago, the altered schedule for this year is bringing them closer together.

Bledsoe makes me furious..thats how horrible he is..every time he shoots I know its a brick 99%..I'm beginning to hate watching this team just because of this one trash mf named Eric Bledsoe..he kills the chemistry with his terribly low IQ..how has he been a NBA player so long..bro does not contribute anything at all and he gets the most minutes on the team ..man is always on the court
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 04-18-2021 at 12:30 PM.

First team to 60 wins, at the current rate. Jesus Christ.

0/2 early, Bledsoe is now shooting 26.7% from 3 since the all-star break.

I hate SVG/Griffin, christ. Like it even needs to be said, but sigh...

Also, is Zion injured? He's looked kinda worn down and indecisive the past few games.

Beautiful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Also, is Zion injured? He's looked kinda worn down and indecisive the past few games.
    Reading or watching any interviews from any players on any teams tells the same story.

The schedule is relentless right now. Teams are playing games every other night with back-to-backs included right now, and will be for weeks. Compressing the schedule this way has run down everyone. VanVleet was doing an interview yesterday where he talked about it being all business this year because the joy is dead.

The Mavs have been running a 7-8 man rotation since the end of January and watching them, that entire team is visually spent.

TYPICAL PELICAN DEFENSE THIS YEAR

A Pelican player goes running out like a runaway freight train at A Knick who he left open in the corner...
    The Knick player calmly cruises by the matador defense for the goal....
    Another Pelican player collapses to the goal to cover for the runaway freight train...
    Knick player sees that the Pelican player who collapsed has left his man wide open in the opposite corner...
    Driving Knick easily passes the ball to the wide open Knick in corner...

Result? A three.....DRAINED!!!

How many times are we going to see this before it is fixed?
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-18-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Kira has been disappointing lately. Maybe it's in part the gauntlet schedule we've run into, but his shot has basically all but disappeared.

1-9 for 3pts again...

Like cmon... This is 2021. Making 3s is sink or swim in this league and it gets to the point of being unacceptable while our opponent are literally kept alive by theirs.

Thread Information