Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: April 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Washington Wizards - 25-30

If we are going to reach that next level offensively, Zion is going to either need to expand his game (this needs to happen at some point regardless), we are going to need a third option to pair with Ingram or Zion so that they can’t get away with doubling them, or we just need some competent/reliable shooters. I can’t help but feel sorry for Z as the other guys should be competent enough to help him in crunch time (apart from BI there isn’t really another threat). But life is unfair. They will continue to make it impossible for him/BI and something has to give. Either he learns new tricks or we get a couple of guys that can take the heat of him and BI. I’ve never seen two guys demand that much pressure from other teams and said teams get away with it. We are doing something right if they demand that much heat, but that means others have to step up. Can’t just continue to be the B and Z show

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    If we are going to reach that next level offensively, Zion is going to either need to expand his game (this needs to happen at some point regardless), we are going to need a third option to pair with Ingram or Zion so that they can’t get away with doubling them, or we just need some competent/reliable shooters. I can’t help but feel sorry for Z as the other guys should be competent enough to help him in crunch time (apart from BI there isn’t really another threat). But life is unfair. They will continue to make it impossible for him/BI and something has to give. Either he learns new tricks or we get a couple of guys that can take the heat of him and BI. I’ve never seen two guys demand that much pressure from other teams and said teams get away with it. We are doing something right if they demand that much heat, but that means others have to step up. Can’t just continue to be the B and Z show
    If I could have a single player to pair with Zion through his prime, it would probably be Jokic.

Good shooter, one of the best passers on the planet regardless of league or position, doesn't mind playing off the ball from time to time but you can absolutely run a halfcourt offense through him when needed, only just turned 26, never really misses a ton of games due to injury, is a much better defender these days than people give him credit for and regularly performs extremely well in close, late-game scenarios.

He's also the clear MVP this year though so saying ''I wish we could add the most valuable player in the league to the team'' isn't really news to anyone
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If I could have a single player to pair with Zion through his prime, it would probably be Jokic.

Good shooter, one of the best passers on the planet regardless of league or position, doesn't mind playing off the ball from time to time but you can absolutely run a halfcourt offense through him when needed, only just turned 26, never really misses a ton of games due to injury, is a much better defender these days than people give him credit for and regularly performs extremely well in close, late-game scenarios.

He's also the clear MVP this year though so saying ''I wish we could add the most valuable player in the league to the team'' isn't really news to anyone
    I think even a Mirotic type player would have worked wonders for the short term until Zion expands his range. I do wonder if Jokic will pave the way for other hyper skilled big men to come into the league. There is always that trail blazer who pushes the envelope and others soon follow. Maybe we end up with the lucky pick

One can only dream

I'm hoping for a sign and trade with Lonzo/Markkanen, or Lonzo/Robinson, or Lonzo/Kennard. In all three instances we would probably have to take back trash and/or cash in draft chips to make it work.

Retain Marshall, JJ, H'Gomez on team friendly terms

Sign UFA, Elfrid Payton, to a team friendly contract for two years (while Kira grows- HOPEFULLY) rather than retain JHart.

Then, try to move Adams to Houston for Olynyk (sign and trade) and trash.

If we draft around 11-13, draft a Mature Body like Davion Mitchell or Corey Kispert (I've had my fill of 19 and 20 year old's for awhile)

If DiDi is ever going to do it; do it now or have a good life.

Deal with Bledsoe at mid-year trade deadline.
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-17-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Thread Information