Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: April 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Washington Wizards - 25-30

NAW, Kira, Zion, Hayes, Hernangomez, Hart, (Sometimes) Ingram, and Maybe James Johnson as well, would be the only players that Id want to see on this roster full time next year. everyone else is expendable.

Edit: Naji playing nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    What can SVG do? This is the roster he has.
    Exactly...he’s playing the guys that Griff overspent for. They both better be on a different team by the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What a mess

- Zion with the worst game of the season
    - Lonzo going 2/10 from the floor and 0/7 from 3
    - Baffling endgame rotations involving Adams and Bledsoe, for some reason no Naji
    - Ingram's ice cold second half (2/11 from the floor in the 3rd and 4th quarters)
    - Bledsoe stunk, as usual
    - Jax sat the second half from back spasms.

Miserable stuff
    But...but.. run this team back, they will grow and get better and make the playoffs next year.

Not saying you said that of course.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

SVG losing support quickly now

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    But...but.. run this team back, they will grow and get better and make the playoffs next year.

Yeah, I think there's an extent to which you have to just expect growth but the reality is that we just don't have the talent right now.

Let Lonzo go, potentially let Hart go, see if you can move Bledsoe, see what the market's like on Adams, sign Naji if you can get him on a cheap deal, and look to add talent through every avenue available: trade, draft, and FA.
    Basketball.

Our starting guards = 12 points

Their starting guards = 66 points

Not only is our starting backcourt terrible offensively, they are atrocious defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post

I dont think anybody on this entire site has said that. And with all the odd ball takes and topics on here, that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I dont think anybody on this entire site has said that. And with all the odd ball takes and topics on here, that's saying something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart385 View Post
    I think another year and a full offseason should be enough to make the current team a playoff team. I don't think they are very far from that. They are young and I expect each year of experience will make them better. Especially considering how much they were thrust into a season this year with little time to develop between games during the season. I hope they have goals to more than just eek into the playoffs though.

Zo is the big question mark. As far as the trade, I'm not really worried about that. We don't know how much was offered. How much do you really expect to get for a half-year rental on a player with very mixed opinions on his future. If you are a team that really believes in him just go get him at the end of the year. You only give resources up for a player on a contract like that if you think it's a piece you need to push you into a chip.

As far as his future here, ideally, I would like him to just be on Bledsoe's contract. I don't know how that happens, or if it's possible, but that would be the ideal end game imo. If you get anything from moving Bledsoe that would be lagniappe. If we don't sign Zo, oh well, use that money on another player.

My hope is they focus on two things. Find a forward to give some kind of presence when BI and Zion are off the floor (really like what JJ has brought) and find shooters. Every player they bring in needs to provide some defense until our stars show more progress there.

This team was never going to tank this year. As up and down as we are, having BI and Zion is too much talent alone to tank. You can't ask those two to tank, you need them to develop. The team's goals were to make the playoffs. They have fallen short of expectation but they are still good enough that they aren't going to completely suck. Hoping we would tank for a good pick is wishing against what the team is and what it's trying to do, it's just not a fruitful mindset. Just enjoy the talent we do have and hope to see some development to finish the season and maybe get lucky with some extra games at the end of the season. It'll be an interesting offseason, they still have plenty of options to play with even if they won't have a top 5 pick.
    I literally posted a Rant thread today and this was said.

We are in a very worrisome spot long term.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The Wizards just beat us. The Timberwolves embarrassed us. We are so far away from being an actual competitive playoff team it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I think if they fall 5 games behind, and with BI having to run into the locker room for treatment during the game, they'll find reasons to shut the front line down.

Zion is already dealing with a thumb issue. Lonzo has the hip. And Bled has been tank commander all year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    We was the 8th pick like two weeks ago, mannnn..... This depresses me.

Wish Griff took advantage of that two weeks ago when everyone went down with injury and shut them down

This team is soooo stubborn.
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-16-2021 at 09:26 PM.

dae,

I'm sure you'd know the answer to this. Do we have to tender a contract offer to Lonzo in order to retain the right to match any offer he gets? If so, what is the minimum tender we would have to offer?

Hall of Famer
    Trade the pick

Bring in somebody who will help the young talent grow

We would have to tender him a large QO - one that if he signed would be the largest in history.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We would have to tender him a large QO - one that if he signed would be the largest in history.
    Do you know the number, Mac?

Meanwhile that overrated(according to some members)Julius Randle has 39 pts in the 4th qtr vs the Mavs

Update 40 pts now

42 pts now

43 pts now, and he can rebound.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-16-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Meanwhile that overrated(according to some members)Julius Randle has 39 pts in the 4th qtr vs the Mavs

Update 40 pts now
    I'm sure there are many who are still happy we let him slip away for nothing in favor of trading a couple of second rounders for Derrick Favors (or a treasure chest for Adams for that matter). Even if Griffin didn't know his true worth, you would think that 'Elmer' Gentry would have known and talked up.

I'm sure there are many who are still happy we let him slip away for nothing in favor of trading a couple of second rounders for Derrick Favors (or a treasure chest for Adams for that matter). Even if Griffin didn't know his true worth, you would think that 'Elmer' Gentry would have known and talked up.
    Randle just might get 50 tonight

Got to give props to the Memphis Grizzlies rebuild too.

Next Up

A recruiting trip to (I mean game with) the New York Knicks and ex-Pelican, Julius Randle, on National TV at high noon on Sunday.

Next Up

A recruiting trip to (I mean game with) the New York Knicks and ex-Pelican, Julius Randle, on National TV at high noon on Sunday.
    Then a national TV home game with a very possible healthy Nets team. I hope they like lots of Eric Bledsoe. If it was anything like the first meeting. It should be over quickly.

Anyone know where UnoGracias has been? I hope this Lebron James run organization did not kill him.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-17-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Thread Information