Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks - 25-29

I love how you think that anybody thinks about you or remembers you. Like, ever. And if they dont post they are hiding from you.

Yes, it was still crazy for you to take a victory lap after one not bad Naji game. And crazy for you to do it now when he was, again, not bad

You know how easy it is to be not bad when you get minutes when guys are hurt in April? I am at a Nuggets game now and PJ Dozier and JaMychel Green are looking like studs for spurts

Naji will be a non factor long term. Another footnote and guy only the hardcores vaguely remember

But go ahead and take your victory lap, guy nobody remembers or cares about
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Anyway, what are the chances both Westbrook and Beal go for 40+ next game?
    Naji did a great job on RG Barrett who went off for six points (2-10; 0-1; 1-2). The problem is our other guard who was a 2019 First Team All Defensive Player. I'm sure Russell is licking his chops.

I don't know if players have tuned out SVG but it's not working. Props to Thibodeau he's got the Knicks playing good basketball. Other than Randle they are not very talented.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Knicks put the clamps on our team tonight. In the offseason, we need to focus on additional scorers or someone that can create their own shot. On to Washington.
    <--------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    I don't know if players have tuned out SVG but it's not working. Props to Thibodeau he's got the Knicks playing good basketball. Other than Randle they are not very talented.
    LOL what are you talking about we just won 3 games in a row with 3 of our best 4 shooters out and you get from this the players have turned on SVG.

And the Knicks team is full of Vets who fit into there roll.

You just noticed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    LOL what are you talking about we just won 3 games in a row with 3 of our best 4 shooters out and you get from this the players have turned on SVG.

And the Knicks team is full of Vets who fit into there roll.
    Nothing like losing to the Darren Erman defense.

Who’s idea was it to invite Dolan? Gayle that desperate for fans? ( Kidding)
    https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ffs-1.50215219
    https://nypost.com/2021/04/14/knicks...e-for-big-win/
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-14-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Would have been a good night to have Lonzo and NAW to be honest. The Knicks knew about our lack of spacing and really took advantage. BI and Zion can only do so much if we can?t make shots. The Knicks don?t have to hold anyone else accountable.
    I was thinking the same thing. Lonzo isn't super consistent but a decent night from him, or even NAW, could have been the difference.

21% from 3 shesh.

We are now tied for most games shooting under 30% from 3 (19) while also tied for allowing the highest 3P%. James Johnson is our best active 3P shooter after BI.

Anyway, what are the chances both Westbrook and Beal go for 40+ next game?
    Both? Relatively low. At least one? Very high.
    Basketball.

Knicks have vets that know exactly what Thibs wants. SVG would love to coach that team.

Both RJ Barrett and Alec Burks have been phenomenal when they've needed them to help close tight games. Which they play lots of.

Another thing to note is Memphis is about to play an absolutely brutal 7-game road trip. Could fall like a rock.

Too bad nobody remembers me on PR report. How can life go on. Sad.

To think Anthony Davis had Jrue Holiday, Julius Randle, and Nikola Mirotic and that team couldn't get above .500 before fluff ball demanded a trade.

The injuries weren't that bad to be an excuse.

Knicks have vets that know exactly what Thibs wants. SVG would love to coach that team.

Both RJ Barrett and Alec Burks have been phenomenal when they've needed them to help close tight games. Which they play lots of.

Another thing to note is Memphis is about to play an absolutely brutal 7-game road trip. Could fall like a rock.

Too bad nobody remembers me on PR report. How can life go on. Sad.
    Get out of here with your facts and logic.

Exactly....

Our core? A bunch of peach fuzz neophytes still in their first contract save for BI (3 of which are on the shelf and unavailable); the Knicks have a bunch of battle tested grizzly veterans, one of which was a former League MVP...another an All Star just this year. Last night, we played three players who weren't even here two weeks ago (Johnson, Nunnally, Iwundu) and started one who was on a 'two-way' all year (Marshall). But, the Einsteins in here believe everything's SVG's fault.

SMH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think Randle is gonna be food for Zion and be caught fouling. Just depends if they call it or give him the Rudy Gobert treatment.
    Randle had 32 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Randle had 32 pts.
    The comment you're responding to is about his defense on Zion, not on his scoring.

And he had 5 fouls, just like Taker said he would. Caught fouling, a lot.

More than just vets as well, and I alluded to this earlier in the thread, Things has *his* vets. Every team he goes to, he hunts around and acquires Rose and Taj Gibson. They were in Chicago with him, they went to Minnesota with him, and now they're both in NY with him .

Of course his team is responding quickly under him, there are guys on his roster that are not only veterans, but who have basically been coached by him for the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The comment you're responding to is about his defense on Zion, not on his scoring.

Our defense still did not hold. Our Offense still not good enough last night.

Knicks defense > Pelicans Defense.

Randle foul trouble was irrelevant. Still had 32.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-15-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I love how you think that anybody thinks about you or remembers you. Like, ever. And if they dont post they are hiding from you.

Yes, it was still crazy for you to take a victory lap after one not bad Naji game. And crazy for you to do it now when he was, again, not bad

You know how easy it is to be not bad when you get minutes when guys are hurt in April? I am at a Nuggets game now and PJ Dozier and JaMychel Green are looking like studs for spurts

Naji will be a non factor long term. Another footnote and guy only the hardcores vaguely remember

Not trying to diminish your argument because I agree, but Dozier and Green are pretty solid players.

I will say that travel call was obnoxiously bad and I hate when calls just kill the momentum of a game. Not saying we won otherwise, but that is something that really frustrates me about the NBA. They make calls at random. Rather than follow the motto ?if you aren?t sure, don?t call it? they follow the motto ?call it when you feel like it.?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

....and yet, he played 42:15 minutes in the game last night. Imagine that!! So as 13-3 says, "Randle foul trouble irrelevant", huh?

Also, I'm sure you would know. Did Zion reach his season average in points scored last night?
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-15-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Somewhat agree. However, isn't he similar to what you said we were missing by losing Kenrich?

Kenrich was an elite rebounder for a wing and a multi positional defender. But Kenrich wont amount to much either

You take a victory lap if you see something in Fred Van Vleet before anybody and he becomes a quasi all star.

This dude tried to take a victory lap after Naji had a average game. That was my only issue.

Kenrich was an elite rebounder for a wing and a multi positional defender. But Kenrich wont amount to much either

You take a victory lap if you see something in Fred Van Vleet before anybody and he becomes a quasi all star.

This dude tried to take a victory lap after Naji had a average game. That was my only issue.
    I agree with you for the most part. But please understand, that Naji's "average game" is a huge upgrade over what we've seen from the 2 for much of the season on both sides of the court.

You can keep saying ridiculously stupid nonsense all you want. You saying it doesn't make it true. And for the amount of things you are absolutely WRONG about, I don't see where you get off trying to act like you're some kind of scouting expert. You're one of the worst ones here.

At the point I took a "victory lap", Naji had turned in multiple good games that were more about just his shooting %, which is the one thing you pointed to him being "bad" about.

After pointing out that stupidity, you haven't mentioned anything else. He's outperformed all expectations since getting major minutes. Over MULTIPLE games now. That much is obvious.

So now you're just here, again, whining about someone on a message board taking a "victory lap" for so far, being absolutely right about his potential since he got signed months ago.

I will continue to take "victory laps" as long as I post on this board. You don't like that? Get a ****** life.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-15-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Thread Information