Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks - 25-29

They are eating someone up on our team defensively tonight.

I really hope we don't regret fighting for the 12th lottery pick...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    They are eating someone up on our team defensively tonight.

dont be scared....say who

What a dismal 4th quarter.

Zion: 1/3 from the floor, 2 turnovers
    Ingram: 2/6 from the floor, 1 turnover, 1 foul

James Johnson: 0/3 from the floor

Garbage
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    dont be scared....say who
    No way...you all know.

Basketball Guru
    so are we going to get the randle cheers tonight?....

Three point shooting:

Pels: 6/28 (22.2%) - bench went 1/12
    Knicks: 17/33 (51.5%) - bench went 7/14

There's your game, folks

No way...you all know.
    God you’re petty

That's good numbers from Zion against the best D he's seen in a while

Knicks put the clamps on our team tonight. In the offseason, we need to focus on additional scorers or someone that can create their own shot. On to Washington.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 04-14-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That's good numbers from Zion against the best D he's seen in a while
    We played the Sixers like, less than a week ago and they have a better D than the Knicks.

What Antonio Daniels said about the attention to detail of the Knicks and how their team is composed of a bunch of guys that teams have given up on. And they have responded to the voice of Coach Thibodeaux. That is the benefit of a great coach. We dont have that. Opposing commentators instead say things like “I don’t know why this team is underachieving. They’re really talented. You would think they would be better”

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We played the Sixers like, less than a week ago and they have a better D than the Knicks.
    I feel like the Knicks defended him better in reality, despite the numbers on paper

Knicks have Alex Burks. We need an Alec Burks. Or if perhaps Lonzo would accept a role to be a microwave off the bench? Nah.

Again the Knicks faceguard, double, and trap Zion and BI. This team continuously plays Randle straight up. Other teams continue to throw the kitchen sink at the Pelicans defensively, while the Pelicans just sit there and get eaten up in base defense for 48 minutes.

Team needs to continue to grow and build the roster, but that is not an excuse for SVG defensively. Especially on a night when Zion was able to recover and fix some of his defensive warts.

Oh well. Another great game from Naji. His basketball IQ has just been impressive. You have to keep skilled, intelligent basketball players like that. Even if it means letting Josh Hart walk.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-14-2021 at 09:23 PM.

I feel like the Knicks defended him better in reality, despite the numbers on paper
    That's fair, I just thought you meant like, the actual better defensive *Team* not just how they dealt with Zion individually.

This team always fails to take the next step forward...

It certainly helps when outside of BI they didn’t have to worry about any 3 point shooting from us.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    This team always fails to take the next step forward...
    right....they build you up and then rip the hope out of you...

Would have been a good night to have Lonzo and NAW to be honest. The Knicks knew about our lack of spacing and really took advantage. BI and Zion can only do so much if we can?t make shots. The Knicks don?t have to hold anyone else accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    It certainly helps when outside of BI they didn’t have to worry about any 3 point shooting from us.
    Hey, Naji went 3/5, he hit the most 3s on the team! Give Naji credit

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hey, Naji went 3/5, he hit the most 3s on the team! Give Naji credit
    Yep, all of sudden more people are getting on the Naji bandwagon. Funny how two games ago, a fellow poster was ridiculed for simply saying he liked his game. What a difference three days makes!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-14-2021 at 10:16 PM.

There was a severe lack of energy tonight from this team as well. I'd say some of it was due to the Knicks.

But it seemed like there was no directive from the game plan to force it. You again had even Kira walking the ball up.

Knicks play at the slowest pace in the NBA (97), and that's exactly where this game was played (97).

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Yep, all of sudden more people are getting on the Naji bandwagon. Funny how two games ago, a fellow poster was ridiculed for simply saying he like his game. What a difference three days makes!!
    If I recall, you were ridiculed by one of the best.... and if you don’t believe me, just ask him....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    If I recall, you were ridiculed by one of the best.... and if you don’t believe me, just ask him....
    Best what?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    That ridiculing was done to me sir. And the ridiculer won't have anything to say about Naji tonight or tomorrow of course. They've slidden back into the shadows to wait.

Kinda like when BI has an awesome game and carries the team in the clutch. Certain posters post counts suddenly drop off a cliff.

Comes with the territory.

Anyway, what are the chances both Westbrook and Beal go for 40+ next game?

Thread Information