Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: April 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks - 25-29

I love watching the Zion+bench units. They're super fun, and they tend to turn other bench units into paste.
    Basketball.

11 3s in the 1st quarter from the Knicks, man. I'm getting tired of the 3s barrage that team do against in the 1st half to test our spacing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    11 3s in the 1st quarter from the Knicks, man. I'm getting tired of the 3s barrage that team do against in the 1st half to test our spacing now.
    For a millisecond I thought you meant 11 threes *made* rather than attempted and I was like what the hell is my game on lag or something?

I kinda love/hate the ''this is wonky but he'll get it anyway'' lobs we throw to Jax

And that, Kira, is the risk of selling out for a steal attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And that, Kira, is the risk of selling out for a steal attempt.
    And then Zion did it on the very next play lmao

Stop that

For a millisecond I thought you meant 11 threes *made* rather than attempted and I was like what the hell is my game on lag or something?
    I'm usually one lagging with these streams. Lol

Yeahhhh... They gassing 3s. 8/15...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Yeahhhh... They gassing 3s. 8/15...
    Those are the Pelican we know and love.

The absurdity and simplicity of this actually working against us on a nightly basis is really just shocking. Like it's so basic. Find your spot and shot 3s, because we never get people off their spot

Zion impressing on D

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Zion impressing on D
    He's been really solid tonight, and downright good at a few moments. Encouraging to see.

I also like how decisive Ingram has been on a few of these takes, that last one being a good example. Not settling, just going as close to the rim as he can get.

Edit: not that one

Lovely outlet from Ingram

Zion and BI with a nice 8 assist combine . Good stuff

Love Zion taking that three. It was a bit off target but the speed he made the choice to shoot with and the decisiveness in the shot was encouraging.

You can tell Zion is having to work extra hard tonight for his points against a really good defensive team

And playing some of his best defense of the season. Can't say he's not trying tonight

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You can tell Zion is having to work extra hard tonight for his points against a really good defensive team

And playing some of his best defense of the season. Can't say he's not trying tonight
    I also love that you can tell he's having to work extra hard to score compared to most nights and he

- Is leading the team in scoring
    - Is shooting 54% from the floor still

You can argue how BI maybe a trade piece for an elite player down the line, but BI and Zion work really well together and they constantly push each other to get better. They've grown so much in one year.

Our starters probably set an NBA Record for a Half (or at least tied it). None of the Pelican starters committed a single personal foul. That's either a sign of terrific defense or no defense. I'm afraid, in the Pelicans' case it's the latter.

''Good teams will just build a wall against Zion, wait until that happens''

Reminder that the Knicks are a top 3 NBA defense this year

Impressive, but it was still a fastbreak. Set half court defenses are another animal entirely

Can you imagine the points that this team could put up if we had reliable three point shooting? The Knicks are leaving guys wide, wide, open at the three point line.

Precisely why you can't count on him to close games in the fourth quarter (through no fault of his own). He simply has to expand his game if he's going to be a relied upon closer.

And then Zion did it on the very next play lmao

Stop that

It's the opposite of rope a dope. We're trying to goad them into a faster pace.

Thread Information