Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: April 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks - 25-29

Pelicans April 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks - 25-29

From the Injury Report:

The New Orleans Pelicans listed James Johnson questionable on Tuesday's official injury update, due to right wrist soreness. Lonzo Ball (left hip flexor soreness) is doubtful to play against the New York Knicks on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Smoothie King Center.

Ruled out for the Pelicans are guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker (left high ankle sprain) and Josh Hart (right thumb surgery).
    Just to keep the updates going on the injury front.

Tonight we take on the Knicks for the first time this year. 28-27, the Knicks are a slightly odd bunch this year. With the league's 24th rated offense but 3rd best defense, they're sort of a reverse version of us in some ways; hell, they even come into this game on a 3 game winstreak having won 4 of their last 6, exactly like us.

Sadly for us, we provide a cushy defense for a mediocre-to-poor offense to get going against, and are prone to lapses of ball movement against good defenses. We'll see which wins out, though I have my suspicions.

The Knicks are 17-10 this year at home, and we're only 9-16 on the road, so there's reason to suspect some trouble here.

For the Knicks, their guys to keep an eye on are obviously Randle, who is having a career year by basically all measures, and RJ Barrett who has taken a fairly comfortable step forward in his sophomore season and looks quite good, even if not like the superstar his biggest supporters claimed he would instantly be. His growth has been quite steady and NY fans should be pretty happy with how he's played this year.

Will we be able to extend the streak of wins on the road? I am doubtful, but let's see.
    Basketball.

I see Randle going into foul trouble early... Rose will probably go off against us if I had to pick the guard of week to obliterate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I see Randle going into foul trouble early... Rose will probably go off against us if I had to pick the guard of week to obliterate us.
    Either that or Randle scores 40+

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Either that or Randle scores 40+
    I think Randle is gonna be food for Zion and be caught fouling. Just depends if they call it or give him the Rudy Gobert treatment.

"The Knicks are 17-10 this year at home, and we're only 9-16 on the road, so there's reason to suspect some trouble here."

I believe Pels are at home tonight against the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    "The Knicks are 17-10 this year at home, and we're only 9-16 on the road, so there's reason to suspect some trouble here."

I believe Pels are at home tonight against the Knicks.
    ...you are absolutely correct and I am very silly.

I even knew that, I wrote it in the damn title that it was VS not @

The point guard of the week that annihilated us was last game lmao

We've never been a team to refuse a second helping on that though

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The point guard of the week that annihilated us was last game lmao

We've never been a team to refuse a second helping on that though
    In a 3 game stretch... We gave up a total of 109 points to a singular guard player. I believe it was btb Lillard and Jamal Murray.

So, yes. We definitely like to run it back. Lol

AD my favorite AD

The Knicks are 3-2 in their last five games and the two games they lost were by two points each on the road to Boston and Brooklyn (if that's considered a road game). Just Sayin'

AD my favorite AD
    Yeah I really like this AD. The guys in the show are right that we have the best announcers It’s so true that the coaches are the first ones to blame for failures but they don’t get enough credit for the success. I am tired with the narrative that point Zion is Griffins idea and Gentry would implement it. AD is right that you have to credit Gundy for that

Lmao at the Pelicans being a .500 team against good teams, with a record of 11-11, a better record against good teams than Dallas, Portland, LAL, Indiana, Milwaukee, NYK, and ATL, all teams which overall have better records than us.

This isn't news, people have been saying for a long time that we play down to our competition when they suck and up to them when they're good, but it's so annoying to see. We are good, or at least we break even, when our opponents are good. And then we lose 3 games to Minnesota. It's very annoying.

Lonzo officially missing his 14th game of the year.

Woohoo the good JJ is playing

SVG said Marshall didn't start the last game because of an internal team issue. Speculating he was late for a meeting or something.

Thought it was worth mentioning because I heard some people criticizing Stan for not starting Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart385 View Post
    SVG said Marshall didn't start the last game because of an internal team issue. Speculating he was late for a meeting or something.

Thought it was worth mentioning because I heard some people criticizing Stan for not starting Marshall.
    Making love to the game ball?

Basketball Guru
    the knicks are a good team so we should see the good pelicans tonight...

Adams sucks in space

Good defense by Adams followed by a good second effort from Zion to get the block, and then good D on Gibson as well

A bit twitchy but in the right place and getting the right coverage, that's nice to see

Opposing team start out 4-5 at the 3. Reminds me of the Cavs game.

Play the Pels?
    Set 3pt records

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Play the Pels?
    Set 3pt records
    Elfried Payton already score a bucket.

Man... We can't stop any guard. /s

Why I feel more confident where we don't start the game hot?

Zion hurt?

I'm anxious to see Kira in this game. I'd love to run them out the gym.

Thread Information