Pelicans Report

Thread: NAW trade bait this summer?

NAW trade bait this summer?

Yeah I figured I would might as well start the thread since we have a trade thread for every other player. Not to mention we on a win streak without him or JOSH HART! No JOSH HART no problem!

Everyone outside of Zion and Ingram could be trade bait really. But if I’d pick two of our remaining guards off the roster to build with, it would be NAW and Kira. NAW already has the right mentality to be a scorer in this league and will bring it on the defensive end. He’s had two games already in his limited starting minutes where he absolutely carried the team on his back and almost willed us to improbable wins (Magic, Clippers). You definitely need a guy apart from Zion and BI that can do that.

I would like to see some roster continuity within reason, so no I would trade NAW unless it was for a needle mover like for Beal or another allstar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to see him on this roster. I love his size and see him as a great combo guard off the bench who can defend. But I don't think he will ever settle into a starter's roll. I wouldn't be adverse to trading him, however, as part of a package for say, a Bradley Beal or Zack Levine. Also, in the long run, you keep Josh or NAW, but not both, as they are analogous to one another and repetitious.

He, like the vast majority of the roster, is movable if the right deal comes up. Given that he still has two years left on his rookie deal and is relatively cheap, and has shown some promise, I have no eager desire to move him but if he has to be included in a package for a better deal or if some team out there is crazy hot on him for some reason and is willing to give up really good value then yeah, he can be moved.

No reason why not.
    Basketball.

He's an ascending player but has only shown it in stretches so far. Not consistent enough to trade. Earliest is after the 3rd season where you expect him to blossom.

He's a 3 level scorer that plays defense. He's going to be a desirable asset when he shows consistency. Assuming he puts it all together next season and produce like he did in stretches this year, I'd only move him if a great deal comes along. I wouldn't move him just to move him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I'd only move him if a great deal comes along. I wouldn't move him just to move him though.
    I think we are all in agreement.

For reference: In their second seasons, per 36 min:

************************* FG% 3P% FT% TRB AST **STL **PTS
    Jordan Clarkson*2015-16***.433 .347 .804 4.4 2.7 1.2 17.3
    Lou Williams****2006-07 ** .441 .324 .696 3.7 5.8 1.2 13.7
    Manu Ginobili***2003-04***.418 .359 .802 5.5 4.6 2.2 15.7
    NAW***********2020-21** .418 .348 .750 5.3 3.4 1.7 17.8

Thread Information