Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: April 12th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Sacramento Kings - 24-29

Pelicans April 12th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Sacramento Kings - 24-29

After a close win last game led by lots of efficient scoring from Zion and Ingram and capped off with a great all-around performance from Naji Marshall (A lovely sight to see) we play again tonight against the Sacramento Kings, who are 22-31 right now.

Sacramento is the league's worst defense and only a middling offense (12th in the league) and have lost 6 straight games including matchups against the Spurs, Pistons, and Wolves; it's not looking pretty for them right now.

Last game was not pretty overall. Defense was woeful from the stars, and the offense degenerated at times into a game of taking turns to isolate, which isn't pleasant at all. That said, we did pull off a win, the defense in the second half was better though still not great, and there were some good signs of team play here and there. If we can channel more of that second half and less of that first half, we should be able to pick up a win tonight.

Let's see what happens: do we play down to Sacramento, or do we try and pick up a W?

Injury report will be added to the thread when it's posted.
    Basketball.

Have we won on a home/away back to back yet this season? Have we beaten Alvin Gentry yet this season?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Have we won on a home/away back to back yet this season? Have we beaten Alvin Gentry yet this season?
    If we win tonight... It tie our longest winning streak of the season at 3.

Injury report's in:

- NAW (Out)
    - Lonzo (Out)
    - Hart (Out)

Game 13 of the year for Lonzo missed

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Injury report's in:

- NAW (Out)
    - Lonzo (Out)
    - Hart (Out)

Game 13 of the year for Lonzo missed
    What are the injuries again?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think we squeaked a win out in our first game against Sacramento.

I hope Kira bounces back this game. I love watching him play. I didn't love watching his defense yesterday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I hope Kira bounces back this game. I love watching him play. I didn't love watching his defense yesterday though.
    His defense has not been good most of the season. I expect they will work on that in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    His defense has not been good most of the season. I expect they will work on that in the offseason.
    I think his effort and general movement on defense is good but he's just so weak that literally anyone can go right through him right now without resistance. Hugely detrimental at the point of attack; it's why he's been a lot better off ball and in the passing lanes.

I think his effort and general movement on defense is good but he's just so weak that literally anyone can go right through him right now without resistance. Hugely detrimental at the point of attack; it's why he's been a lot better off ball and in the passing lanes.
    This is correct, when he puts on a little weight and strength I think he’ll be a good defender

Yeah, he needs to add strength in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I remember when CP3 was a rookie. I modestly said he would be elite from the start.

Kira? Not so much.

I do see him as a 10 year rotation player in this league much like former Pelican First Rounder, Darren Collison, which would be fine for a 13th pick. Beyond that, I just won't drink the Kool Aid, yet.

Kira's defensive issues have to had anything to do with lack of strength. He's contested plenty shots including shots in the paint. He's also been good off ball.

His problem yesterday was apparently not reading the scouting report and trying to fight over screens on non shooters. When you fight over screens, you and your teammate need to be on the same page. He's fighting over screens where the big is expecting him to go under.

Otherwise his defense hasn't been poor at all.

Lmao at the Kings' pre-game status lineup listing Isaiah Thomas's averages after two games as factor of note

SVG after last game: Naji is the MVP of the game, his energy on both ends was super infectious, he deserves the game ball, absolute winner
    SVG this game: Naji is benched and we're starting Iwundu

wot

SVG after last game: Naji is the MVP of the game, his energy on both ends was super infectious, he deserves the game ball, absolute winner
    SVG this game: Naji is benched and we're starting Iwundu

wot
    When Bledsoe goes out, who you going to guard Fox with Kira/Thomas or Marshall?

Really, Bledsoe?

Bledsoe has 3 turnovers in 2 minutes

Basketball Guru
    lol bledsoe

Ingram's shot looks nice early here

Kings doing an awful lot of grabbing with no calls doing on

This might be a game where I use JAXSON and H'Gomez way more than Adams.

These turnovers are killing me. Why is SVG not getting into these players faces?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    These turnovers are killing me. Why is SVG not getting into these players faces?
    All 5 of our turnovers are from Bledsoe and Iwundu. What's he supposed to do? ''Bledsoe, care more!'' Like c'mon

Thread Information