Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: April 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 23-29

Naji has been great tonight
    Basketball.

Game's under 5 points with under 5 minutes remaining

You know what that means

A really fun game.

Yeah Naji needs a real contract

Bledsoe should not be on the floor. Put Naji on.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I am so over Bledsoe. Just get rid of him for god sakes.

Outside of Ingram return game. His assist game has been great.

End of the game.

Zion: 38/8/4 on 73% from the floor
    Ingram: 27/4/8 on 44% from the floor

A win in the books

Naji was the story. Looking like a real NBA guy.

BDJ 2.0

It’s about time we beat a bad team.

I tooted Naji's horn not long after they signed him. That was a party of 1.

Glad to see he's proving everything I saw in him. Exactly what this team needs.

Didi would be next of those 6'5"+ type guys this team really really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Naji was the story. Looking like a real NBA guy.

BDJ 2.0
    Hope the team's open to bringing him back. Can't imagine it would cost much

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Didi has looked bad at Sydney

But I think he's one of those guys who would do better with NBA coaching

Having an energy guy that isn’t afraid to take his opportunities offensively is invaluable against teams like this. Good game for Naji. Stoked for him

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Didi has looked bad at Sydney

But I think he's one of those guys who would do better with NBA coaching
    I seem to remember that he was being coached by (among other guys) Will Weaver, a finalist for the a couple of NBA head coaching jobs this past summer (including the Pelicans).

SVG going in on BI and Zion about their defense.

https://twitter.com/ballysportsno/st...113198597?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    SVG going in on BI and Zion about their defense.

https://twitter.com/ballysportsno/st...113198597?s=21
    I heard it. Good on him.

Was waiting to see who was going to post it. Not surprising who didn't.

They should honestly win their next 3 games. That noon game against the Knicks I'm calling an L right now.

The following game against the Nets at home. Who the hell knows.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bledsoe should not be on the floor. Put Naji on.
    Agreed....He has not earned the right to be out there during crunch time.... tonight, Marshall did earn that right and deserved the opportunity to close....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Zion with another monster game. He scores 38 and it's not even news. The most amazing player in the NBA.

He came into the game shooting 25% from the field and 15% from three. One solid game against the Cavs minus their backcourt and a few other players and you are taking a victory lap.

Bold.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He came into the game shooting 25% from the field and 15% from three. One solid game against the Cavs minus their backcourt and a few other players and you are taking a victory lap.

Bold.
    If only the NBA game was completely measured by field and 3 pt Fg %. This was not his only solid game.

Stupid.

If only the NBA game was completely measured by field and 3 pt Fg %

Stupid.
    And yet here we are every day Zion is the greatest player ever because of points and FG%. Which is it?

I am just asking if we can wait a few games before we declare him a future quality piece. Remember, we arent supposed to judge or predict players futures until a certain threshhold of games. Thats the rule right?

I am just trying to keep up here, because the rules all seem to change based on what people want the conclusion to be

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And yet here we are every day Zion is the greatest player ever because of points and FG%. Which is it?
    Did you notice that I am NOT one of the people here doing this? Yes Zion is a top 10 NBA player imo, but I'm also one of the few calling out his massive deficiencies without trying to sugar coat.

As far as Naji, we're also talking about a player that has played in...5 NBA games? Who's declaring him to be a quality future piece?

I simply said he's showing all of the things I saw in him. And he's showed it over multiple games not just this one. He's only gotten better in those games not worse.

The only one projecting here is you. Put down the keyboard.

Did you notice that I am NOT one of the people here doing this? Yes Zion is a top 10 NBA player imo, but I'm also one of the few calling out his massive deficiencies without trying to sugar coat.

As far as Naji, we're also talking about a player that has played in...5 NBA games? Who's declaring him to be a quality future piece?

I simply said he's showing all of the things I saw in him. And he's showed it over multiple games not just this one. He's only gotten better in those games not worse.

The only one projecting here is you. Put down the keyboard.
    Do you realize that every fan base gets excited about a few players on their team who has barely played? Who has had "glimpses" of not being horrible, surrounded by horrible play. And all fans of all 30 teams give that guy the benefit of the doubt and only see the good and write off the bad as inexperience. Do you realize some Cavs fan today is on a message board today saying he knew Dean Wade could be great and Kabengele was an awesome pick up who will be a future piece?

30 teams, 2-3 guys per team who are these diamonds in the rough that their team plucked from obscurity. And of those 60-90 players, maybe 4 or 5 will be right. For you it is Naji, and Didi apparently. And the overwhelming likelihood is neither will amount to anything and you will be on here in 3 years touting two other diamonds in the rough. The curse of fandom.

Thread Information