Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: April 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 23-29

Awful from Ingram, a turnover and then a foul
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Awful from Ingram, a turnover and then a foul
    Ingram is awful

Typical. Cavs, the second worst 3pt shooting team in the NBA, start off lighting us up.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Ingram is awful
    I don't think that's fair. He's quite good overall.

Delly looking as t h i c c as Zion

Zion is lost on PnR defense on Love. Nobody going to point out it's "awful" or "horrible" tho huh?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Zion is lost on PnR defense on Love. Nobody going to point out it's "awful" or "horrible" tho huh?
    I'm not a big fan of Zion's defense

For goodness sakes, stick your man, Zion!!!

Ingram is pure trash

Nobody thinks Zion's defense is great. Zion's defense has (as I have already written in this thread) improved throughout the season but that improvement is from ''bottom 50 in the NBA'' to just ''quite bad''. A long way to go for him, for sure. But he's 20 and not getting paid a max deal so the expectations are a bit different, you see.

lol Pels

That was decent D from Naji, honestly.

Nobody thinks Zion's defense is great. Zion's defense has (as I have already written in this thread) improved throughout the season but that improvement is from ''bottom 50 in the NBA'' to just ''quite bad''. A long way to go for him, for sure. But he's 20 and not getting paid a max deal so the expectations are a bit different, you see.
    But the language is different. As soon as Ingram has a turnover, 2 or 3 posts talking about how "awful" and "horrible" it is.

Zion gets beat like a drum on basic PnR defense multiple possessions and its crickets.

Incredibly lazy on both ends right now, Jesus Christ

But I thought you already had him the Hall of Fame?

My prediction is that Jax and Kira will be our best players tonight

But the language is different. As soon as Ingram has a turnover, 2 or 3 posts talking about how "awful" and "horrible" it is.

Zion gets beat like a drum on basic PnR defense multiple possessions and its crickets.
    This!!!!

Zion gets beat like a drum on basic PnR defense and its crickets.
    The language is different because one of them is 300 games in and is being paid damn near $30m a year. The other is 71 games into his career and on a rookie deal. Everyone expects 20 year olds, especially 20 year olds who missed almost their entire rookie year, to be bad on defense. You don't expect the same thing from someone 5 years into their career on a max contract.

If Zion's defense is like this when he's 5 years in, I'll get annoyed about it. The same way I do about Lillard's trash tier defense.

Naji reminds me a bit of Kenrich Williams. I miss Kenrich Williams.

Hahahaha. Dawg fight with cavs b team

The language is different because one of them is 300 games in and is being paid damn near $30m a year. The other is 71 games into his career and on a rookie deal. Everyone expects 20 year olds, especially 20 year olds who missed almost their entire rookie year, to be bad on defense. You don't expect the same thing from someone 5 years into their career on a max contract.

If Zion's defense is like this when he's 5 years in, I'll get annoyed about it. The same way I do about Lillard's trash tier defense.
    Oh man stop it. If Naji Marhsall looks that bad on defense, especially just basic switching, you'll just call him horrible no matter how much experience he has. He's just "not an NBA player."

James Johnson is good

Unbelievable,....

All year, every In-Game Thread gets hijacked into the "All Zion...All the time Cheer Leading Thread" from our friend for over the pond. If one of us calls Zion out for poor play, our overseas' buddy acts like a mother hen and comes to his defense (better than Zion's In-Game Defense, I might add). If it wasn't so sad it would be funny!!

Oh man stop it. If Naji Marhsall looks that bad on defense, especially just basic switching, you'll just call him horrible no matter how much experience he has. He's just "not an NBA player."
    Whatever you say

I'm just part of some secret conspiracy to make Brandon Ingram look bad. And I must be lying when I explain to you why I judge things how I do. Me and everyone else who has a problem with a max player stagnating. Definitely.

Team's been garbage on both ends. A few good plays here and there but overall just terrible. Yet again we are meeting a bad team where they are.

Thread Information