Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: April 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 23-29

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    For sure, and all I'm saying is that I don't think he'd fit well on the team. He provides only more offense, which again, isn't the problem for us right now, and would have to take minutes from one of Kira or NAW which is bad process long term. And he's also old.
    Clutch offense (last 5 minutes) is definitely a problem which is where I believe he would provide value

Odds of Lonzo hitting a clutch three being tightly guarded in the last 3 minutes is about 0%. Ingram ain't much better

Swing swing to Lemon Pepper Lou for a tightly contested three is a good shot

Bit like a Kmart Ray Allen
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-11-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    This is some very high quality discussion here
    I'm extremely happy I can't see most of it. If only quotes could also be hidden.

My god.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Clutch offense (last 5 minutes) is definitely a problem which is where I believe he would provide value

Odds of Lonzo hitting a clutch three being tightly guarded in the last 3 minutes is about 0%. Ingram ain't much better

Swing swing to Lemon Pepper Lou for a tightly contested three is a good shot

Bit like a Kmart Ray Allen
    Lou Will is also one of the worst playoff performers in NBA history.

This is what I think is such a major problem with NBA debate. The regular season and the playoffs are two different sports, yet when we are in the regular season we talk about regular season stats and play. So, in that context, so many guys and teams are good. Then, when we get to the playoffs, everyone suddenly stinks according to fans. But then the following regular season happens and its like people forget and get all excited about a ton of players again. Then, they all stink again come the playoffs.

Its why I only care about how you do in the final minutes of a close game against a good team who is healthy and trying and not on some crazy schedule loss type of situation. The whole point of this thing is not to play great on a Tuesday in March. Its to do it in the playoffs, so I only care about how guys do in those situations that are as close to playoff basketball as a regular season game could be. So, for instance, I wont care at all about how anybody plays tonight. Tells me nothing. I'd rather win than lose, but I wont use anything from tonight to project forward
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm extremely happy I can't see most of it. If only quotes could also be hidden.

My god.
    Stay mad breh

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lou Will is also one of the worst playoff performers in NBA history.

This is what I think is such a major problem with NBA debate. The regular season and the playoffs are two different sports, yet when we are in the regular season we talk about regular season stats and play. So, in that context, so many guys and teams are good. Then, when we get to the playoffs, everyone suddenly stinks according to fans. But then the following regular season happens and its like people forget and get all excited about a ton of players again. Then, they all stink again come the playoffs.

Its why I only care about how you do in the final minutes of a close game against a good team who is healthy and trying and not on some crazy schedule loss type of situation. The whole point of this thing is not to play great on a Tuesday in March. Its to do it in the playoffs, so I only care about how guys do in those situations that are as close to playoff basketball as a regular season game could be. So, for instance, I wont care at all about how anybody plays tonight. Tells me nothing. I'd rather win than lose, but I wont use anything from tonight to project forward
    The only story from tonight is how Jaxson asserts himself

SVG pregame, a few of his answers:

On Zion's high school PG experience:

''I don't think that helps him at all. It's just blocking through stuff, knowing the system and then playing.''

Jaxson stringing multiple good games together

''I think his consistent energy has been the biggest thing, early in the year it was up and down and it's been much more consistent in the second half of the season and that's been the key. [...] He's doing a good job defensively and he's figuring it out offensively. Again, it's all about his activity and energy and he's been good.''

The importance of each game, and the dangers of going against bad/depleted teams

''They're dealing with a lot of injury and that's been a problem with us for most of the season. There are 8 teams in the league that are .600 or better and our winning percentage against them has been exactly what it's been against everyone else, it's not an issue of us not being able to compete with good teams, but at home we're 6-2 against the top 8 teams in the league and we're 6-7 against teams under .500. So that tells you where we've struggled, our approach is different and we need to approach it differently and approach every game with the fear and respect that leads to us playing well, so tonight will be a big test of our maturity and our mindset.''
    Basketball.

My god.
    I remember the last time I felt this way. Blew a 17 point lead and lost by 30 by a guy who has never been a HC in his life(Timberwolves). Surely it can?t happen again? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I remember the last time I felt this way. Blew a 17 point lead and lost by 30 by a guy who has never been a HC in his life(Timberwolves). Surely it can?t happen again? Right?
    When somebody suggests we need to get rid of BI and go after Lou Williams, what else am I supposed to say?

That high level of incomprehensible genius doesn't surprise me here but also not unexpected. And It's not the only dumb thing said in this thread but I digress.

When somebody suggests we need to get rid of BI and go after Lou Williams, what else am I supposed to say?

That high level of incomprehensible genius doesn't surprise me here but also not unexpected. And It's not the only dumb thing said in this thread but I digress.
    r

I didn't imply a 1 for 1 swap, but wicked straw man you just manifested from thin air

I never said that.That would be crazy . But I would not doubt Grif or Langdon.

Ouch for Cleveland.

Can't believe Zion has no tatts yet

You call yourself a man?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Can't believe Zion has no tatts yet

You call yourself a man?
    He's 20.

Please don’t ever get tats Zion. You do you
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 04-11-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's 20.
    I had 53 neck tatts as a caucasion embryo

#Won'tHaveNoInk

Antonio Daniels is easily the best AD we've ever had
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-11-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Defense is the area of the game that benefits the most from experience and continuity. Especially the last 6 min of the game when things are in the crunch. It spells disaster for this season but is really progressing nicely as far as future plans are concerned.

BI does have spells where the ball just stops offensively when he's in there. It's like, when Zion is the focul point, the ball movement is humming. When BI is the focal point, it slows down so much. But that, again, is one of the later things to develop so IMO it is going to sink us for this season but will get fixed as time goes on.
    Cannot emphasize this enough. There are some players that come into the league as total knockouts defensively. But it often takes time- particularly for young players. Technically bad defenders can find a role defensively once the pieces are in place- I also think winning motivates players to put more effort on that end. There have been nights where we have collaborated well on that side of the ball. It?s a matter of time and also confidence. I do think we need to start winning soon (maybe a year or two from now)- and that comes with getting better in the clutch on both sides of the ball.

Looking forward to enjoying an easy win.

A few shots falling early for BI, that'll be good for him to see.

Oh look. Another young player (Naji) I was high on playing well, and has only been getting better.

That doesn't mean I like possessions where we pass the ball precisely 0 times in the half-court only for Ingram to launch up contested threes with 12 seconds left on the clock. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Looking forward to enjoying an easy win.
    It won't be

We play down to the bad teams and elevate to the good ones

If they call that an offensive foul on Zion, half the league's stars should foul out on any given night.

Thread Information