2021-22 Contract details by year 31 $18,125,000 $18,125,000 $18,125,000
    $18,125,000
    ($49,648,438)

2022-23 Contract details by year 32 $19,375,000 $19,375,000 $3,900,000
    $19,375,000
    ($69,023,438)
    SIGN A SF

2020-2021 is already over.

So, you might want to strike that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    2020-2021 is already over.

So, you might want to strike that one out.
    oh ok

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Lawd what are we going to do.

2020-21 Contract details by year 30 $16,875,000 $16,875,000 $16,875,000
    $16,875,000
    ($31,523,438)

2021-22 Contract details by year 31 $18,125,000 $18,125,000 $18,125,000
    $18,125,000
    ($49,648,438)

2022-23 Contract details by year 32 $19,375,000 $19,375,000 $3,900,000
    $19,375,000
    ($69,023,438)
    As you show, only 3.9MM of the contract is guaranteed in 22-23. If he's still around at that point, I'm sure he will be bought out. We will need that money for our three 2019 draftees if they are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    oh ok
    You almost gave me a heart attack, but I looked at the years. Lord lol

Yeah, as others have already mentioned it doesn't really bother me that much. Year 1 is nearly over, year 3 is guaranteed for only $3.9m, he's basically an expiring next season.
    Basketball.

And fortunately he has been playing much better recently.

I’m glad we didn’t sacrifice assets to move him and as others have said, year one is over. Year three is 3.9 mil guaranteed, so we don’t have to force him off the roster. Might just maybe be able to find a willing taker next season. He has been trying harder lately in his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    And fortunately he has been playing much better recently.
    I mean... a bit? Still terrible though.

Bledsoe over the last 10 games:

13/3.5/3.6 on 38.5/32.8/82.4 splits

Defense has been a bit better though, that is true.

So, does he become an asset at the trade deadline for other teams to balance salary?

Could have gotten Chris Paul for a better deal.

Never sign a guy named Eric again.

I saw someone mention that Chris Paul just needs to go to a new terrible team every year and turn them into a respectable franchise, like a basketball version of Gordon Ramsay. It's what he does. He just goes places and makes them clearly better.

Greatest PG of all time (not named Magic Johnson).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I saw someone mention that Chris Paul just needs to go to a new terrible team every year and turn them into a respectable franchise, like a basketball version of Gordon Ramsay. It's what he does. He just goes places and makes them clearly better.

Greatest PG of all time (not named Magic Johnson).
    And not named Stockton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    And not named Stockton.

CP3 > Stockton

Could we really get a FRP for Bledsoe? https://www.inquisitr.com/6487201/nb...ll-pope-alfonz

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Could we really get a FRP for Bledsoe? https://www.inquisitr.com/6487201/nb...ll-pope-alfonz
    "While he is not a high-level scorer that will go for 18+ any night, Bledsoe makes up for his lack of offensive production by being a great one-on-one defender that plays physical. He is a very underrated two-way guard in this league..."

These people must not have seen Bledsoe play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    "While he is not a high-level scorer that will go for 18+ any night, Bledsoe makes up for his lack of offensive production by being a great one-on-one defender that plays physical. He is a very underrated two-way guard in this league..."

These people must not have seen Bledsoe play this season.
    Reputation often sticks around for a long time, inexplicably, in the NBA.

People still think of Rajon Rondo as a defensive stopper much of the time. That alone tells you what you need to know.

CP3 > Stockton
    Nope

CP3 = Selfish Mercenary.

Stockton = Loyal Team Player.

But, I know; it's the 21st century and such notions and attributes are obsolete and carry no tangible value.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    CP3 = Selfish Mercenary.

Stockton = Loyal Team Player.

But, I know; it's the 21st century and such notions and attributes are obsolete and carry no tangible value.
    CP3 sort of gets a free pass for wanting out of New Orleans because the team at the time had no ownership or direction at the time. I would think things are much more stable now under Gayle .

He's essentially an expiring contract next season, who can contribute, there'll be a buyer

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    Nope

Agree to disagree, but it's a fairly firm line for me. Stockton is a player that I consider weirdly both under and over rated. Underrated among casual fans, massively overrated among people who think they're more than casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    CP3 sort of gets a free pass for wanting out of New Orleans because the team at the time had no ownership or direction at the time. I would think things are much more stable now under Gayle .
    Also, who is more or less loyal or selfish has absolutely nothing to do with who was better at playing basketball on the floor.

Also, who is more or less loyal or selfish has absolutely nothing to do with who was better at playing basketball on the floor.
    Shows you how little you really know. In team sports, the ability to assimilate and play selflessly for a good of the team is imperative to a team (and player's) success. By your measure, Wilt Chamberlain's ungodly stats dwarfs his contemporary, Bill Russel's and his 11 championships. Quick....who was better at playing basketball on the floor?

(Same can be said about our beloved Pete Maravich who won absolutely nothing in college or the pros. Who do you want running your team...Bob Cousy / KC Jones or Pete Maravich? In college Lucius Allen or Pete Maravich?)

A great player always makes the players surrounding them better than they are. Enter John Stockton.
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-11-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Agree to disagree, but it's a fairly firm line for me. Stockton is a player that I consider weirdly both under and over rated. Underrated among casual fans, massively overrated among people who think they're more than casual fans.
    Stockton lived in an era of little or no spacing, with one fellow AllStar and a bunch of average to below average players surrounding him and was able to do what he did.

Stockton didn?t look like he should do what he was able to do on a night to night basis, but he went up against the best players the NBA has ever seen night after night and held his own and then some. There was no one who had the ability like Stockton to see the court like a Chess board and play it like a grand master.

Thread Information