Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: April 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Philadelphia 76ers - 22-29

Just checking some other scores around the league real quick

LaVine cooled off hard in the second half, up to 48 points but that means only 9 in the second half after 39 in the first half.

Tatum has 50/10/4 on 16/25 shooting with 6/10 from 3
    Basketball.

I wish SVG would stop doing that.

When they are pressing Zion and Ingram that high, our players need to start moving. They were just standing around

Bledsoe doing anything besides trying to blow this lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Bledsoe doing anything besides trying to blow this lead?
    Is he ever trying to do anything other than suck?

Zion's 15th rebound sets a new career high

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    When they are pressing Zion and Ingram that high, our players need to start moving. They were just standing around
    Sounds like we need a speedster that can rush the rim... Man... Where can we find that?

Zion with a jump shot? Nice

Really not Zion's most efficient game tonight but it feels like if he's not doing it, it's just not happening most of the time.

Exceptions here and there but really that's been the story.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Key learning moments. Zion has to figure out you don't keep rhythmically doing anything against any kind of veteran defender like Green in crunch time.

Simmons is unreal defensively. Perfect stance, right amount of physicality, quick feet and hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Really not Zion's most efficient game tonight but it feels like if he's not doing it, it's just not happening most of the time.

Exceptions here and there but really that's been the story.
    Nah!! The story is that the Pelicans are in position to win a game they weren't "suppose to".

And again, they press Ingram in the half court and not one soul is moving. Two of our players are standing over each other. We have to be better

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Simmons is unreal defensively. Perfect stance, right amount of physicality, quick feet and hands.
    DPOY candidate this year. He's been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    After the last ten years of playing for 6th-14th lottery odds with some lucky lottery wins and two playoff berth. You'd think maybe being stuck on the mediocrity treadmill would get old. Outside of winning the lottery... We've haven't posted a worse lottery standing than 6th in I think since Chris Paul.

It just like insanity with this franchise. I get certain bad teams stay bad regardless of picks, but man... It's annoying how great this draft class is and we are dogging out for Ws that only hurt us. It's just frustrating. We'll get our one in 5 years playoff berth, but I want more.
    I'm 1000% with you brother. Sucky part is that very likely our pick won't even be good to trade for a star lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Turns out Zion plus team defense equals wins. Who knew?

Yes!!! They won despite SVG!! Yeah, us!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Morale up, pick down. Yay

I saw Zion do a turnaround fade once. I don't see any reason he can't become a consistent mid range scorer. He's still learning the game and what's required. Can't wait to see how good he'll be.

Endgame. Pels win, 101-94

It's the first time the Pels have held an opponent under 100 points since March 12th against Cleveland.

Zion finished with 37/15/8 on 53.6% from the floor (0.00% from 3, 0/1)
    Ingram finished with 17/8/2 on 23.8% from the floor (22.2% from 3, 2/9)

Nobody else in the starting lineup hit double figures in scoring. Bledsoe was 3/9 for 9 points.

Jax and Willy contributed 12/6 and 10/10 respectively, both on 5/6 shooting.

Defense wins in any team sport!! Offense comes and goes, but if you play defense like this every night, you always have a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    They're not gonna lose games on purpose. They'll lose games that make no sense to lose. ANd probably go on a 10 game winning streak and still miss the play in and be the highest not in the playoff team for the lottery and require a literal miracle to get a top 4 pick.

Just relax and hope for the best in spite of it all like I'm gonna do.

Basketball Guru
    good game but this pelicans team is jekyll and hyde...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post

Thread Information