Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: April 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Philadelphia 76ers - 22-29

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

He feels like he's trying to force it right now.
    Is that what he feels? Dang, you are something else!!

At the half, Zion leads the team in points (17) rebounds (8) and assists (4)

Really would like it if we ran some stuff to try and get Ingram some easy open looks. He's 2/12 right now, which is no fun.

Both teams looking a bit stagnant
    Pretty good efficiency considering that the spacing is tight with the poor shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Was he ever available for a trade in the off season or was that media speculation?
    Speculation, I think, but I'd move a lot to acquire him if, for some reason, he did come up. I doubt he will though, especially now Chicago has gone all-in on being good now with Vucevic and such.
    Basketball.

Pretty good efficiency considering that the spacing is tight with the poor shooting.
    Yeah, Zion's 6/14 which is not *great* but it's not horrific and at least he's getting to the line a lot.

Meanwhile, Zach Lavine is up to 39 points on 13/19 shooting at the half for Chicago. He's 7/9 from 3.

Flamethrower night. He's on pace for 78 points.
    I saw his score but didn't realise it was only half time

Pelican Halftime News:

JAXSON is 4/4 and 2/2 for 10 points and five rebounds (most of his play was at the 4).
    H'Gomez is 4/4 for eight points and eight rebounds.
    Pelicans lead 76'ers in Rebounding 35 to 28.
    Pelicans seem to be playing defense tonight holding 76er's to 41.3% shooting (33.3% from three).
    Pelicans have only committed five turnovers

In other news...

Both Pelican All Stars are shooting sub 50%

Basketball Guru
    im just glad that stan was peeping at the board and listen to me about playing jax at PF the last few games lol.....

stan also looking like he is trying out ingram,,zion and jax at the 2,3, and 4....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im just glad that stan was peeping at the board and listen to me about playing jax at PF the last few games lol.....

stan also looking like he is trying out ingram,,zion and jax at the 2,3, and 4....
    I've said this since mid year last year..

Ingram with an assist and another 3. Let's warm up, BI

Zion's making the most of the defensive attention tonight, passing is really there. Second consecutive game with at least 6 assists.

Great D by Adams on Embiid...
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    Great D by Adams on Embiid...
    Adams is doing a ton of dirty work with bodying up dudes. Just got to keep him fresh.

Winning comes down to effort and talent. The effort is certainly there so far. Having Zion and Ingram healthy tonight is huge as well despite their struggles tonight. We didn?t look like an NBA team without them

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Winning comes down to effort and talent. The effort is certainly there so far. Having Zion and Ingram healthy tonight is huge as well despite their struggles tonight. We didn?t look like an NBA team without them
    Idk... I still think the team is still missing one more elite talent. I hope we can bring one in the off season through trade or draft.

Idk... I still think the team is still missing one more elite talent. I hope we can bring one in the off season through trade or draft.
    We definitely need another. Or at the very least a couple good ones

Ingram bucket and some FTs, starting to make an impact here late in the 3rd

Now remember everybody; if we lose this game, it's SVG's fault.

Zion makes 3 straight and we're up 14

Zion makes 3 straight and we're up 14
    Oh, by the way, JAXSON had a fabulous block in the sequence,

Okay, dae, carry on.

Ingram and Zion with 39 FGA... Like they should.

Dirty mofo

That was a cheap shot right there. Guy obviously doesn’t like Zion

This big lineup has me dreaming about Zion plus a bunch of switchy forwards lineup.

31/12/8 for Zion with 8 minutes left

I like Jax’s confidence to take that 3, but that was probably ill-advised. Still would like to see him keep working on that. Particularly if he wants to see minutes at the 4

Thread Information