Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: April 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Philadelphia 76ers - 22-29

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I honestly would like to bring back james Johnson for next season...hopefully he takes the minimum to come back...
    Every team needs an 'enforcer'; he could well be ours. However, I think at this point in his career he is a mercenary and will likely follow the money. Hope I'm wrong.

Dodged a bullet by not trading for Victor Oladipo . Stinks for him he is injured again.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Against the Sixers, that can work. They, ironically, are a very good matchup for our weaknesses. They cant shoot and want to own the paint. And since we are built like a 90s team, we can play with them. I would rather play Philly in a series than say Chicago, even though Philly is clearly the better team. I wouldnt get too excited about last night. That was a good matchup. We didnt improve our defense, we just ran into another team that thinks its the 90s

so posters can give stan credit for adjusting........on a side note..jax at the 4 has been going on for the last 3 games and i like it...imo he is a better rim protector at the 4....

Jax has been fantastic for a good few games now. Even pre-dating the heavy minutes at the 4 by a bit.
    Basketball.

Still a small sample size but he is showing signs of being a versatile and effective defender with a real ability to switch on to perimeter players and stay engaged. Could be power forward is a more natural position for him at pro level. Pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Jax has been fantastic for a good few games now. Even pre-dating the heavy minutes at the 4 by a bit.
    These are really great stats!! I guess Griff should get some props for that draft and SVG for the development!!

I never understood forcing an undersized center to be mismatch against vet centers in the 1st place. My original thought for Hayes was let him grow as a bench PF/ small ball C and transition him to center when he's done developing his weight and strength.

I remember reading an article talking about how worthless Gentry was for development with his 45 minute practices and never teaching anything. He run his offense and that's all he cared about. Which is great for a vet team but we aren't a vet team to operate in such a lax environment to succeed.

SVG comes in and has to build a foundation with a lot of young players that don't know how to win in the NBA. I get SVG attitude during the early season where he seem more concerned with development than result of games. He had to turn a daycare environment into a real basketball team.

No coach is perfect. SVG's game management needs a good team to hide it. In his whole coaching career, SVG has never been know as a savient development coach. We drafted some really good young men with great work ethic that wants to be coach. SVG is really thriving with the young guys. I've been pleasantly surprised with SVG in-house coaching and very happy with development and progress with a lot of our young players.
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-10-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I never understood forcing an undersized center to be mismatch against vet centers in the 1st place. My original thought for Hayes was let him grow as a bench PF/ small ball C and transition him to center when he's done developing his weight and strength.

I remember reading an article talking about how worthless Gentry was for development with his 45 minute practices and never teaching anything. He run his offense and that's all he cared about.

SVG comes in and has to build a foundation with a lot of young players that don't know how to win in the NBA. I get SVG attitude during the early season where he seem more concerned with development than result of games. He had to turn a daycare environment into a real basketball team.

No coach is perfect. SVG's game management needs a good team to hide it. In his whole coaching career, SVG has never been know as a savient development coach. We drafted some really good young men with great work ethic that wants to be coach. SVG is really thriving with the young guys.
    Very good post

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    These are really great stats!! I guess Griff should get some props for that draft and SVG for the development!!
    Apparently you didn't get the memo. In here, SVG gets credit for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    He does from me

SVG does deserve to get criticize for poorly managing games, but he also deserve praise for developing our young guys and getting the team as a whole improve like at rebounding for instant... Still One or two rights doesn't absolve him of all his faults. It's about being straightforward and objective with his performance as a coach in his 1st year. There is good and bad. Right now... The good clearly outweigh the bad. Winning game is technically the end all to success in the NBA.
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-10-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Surely he could not blow tomorrow’s game. Then again we lost to the T-Wolves twice(Blowout losses). Let that sink in
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-10-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Surely he could not blow tomorrow’s game. Then again we lost to the T-Wolves twice. Let that sink in
    We did loose some games because of SVG but right now winning even though important isn’t the most important thing. The development is and he should get credit for it

We did loose some games because of SVG but right now winning even though important isn’t the most important thing. The development is and he should get credit for it
    Nope. It is Fred Vinson that is doing the work. He will be a HC one day.

Fred Vinson not SVG

Case in point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1PD5m_KOXo

Development isn’t just shooting

Development isn’t just shooting
    What’s next you going to say SVG is some sort of defensive guru?

His tweets are good for the most part. Love the avatar.

https://twitter.com/realstanvg

Guy posts something and immediately gets slammed for his coaching.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-10-2021 at 03:19 PM.

******** sake stop tweeting Stan about bull********. You actually have an important job now

https://twitter.com/realstanvg

I mean I’m starting to change my mind after looking at this avatar. How can we fire that? It is actually impressive for an nba coach

Really solid win guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    ******** sake stop tweeting Stan about bull********. You actually have an important job now
    It's true, once you have a job you have to delete your Twitter account, cause when you make a Twitter you sign a non-compete claused contract and it demands 40 hours a week of your time. It's definitely not some random thing you can do in 20 seconds.

If you have a job you must resign any and all personal or political opinions and keep them to yourself.

Heard ''shut up and dribble'' Stan? Time to ''shut up and coach''.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's true, once you have a job you have to delete your Twitter account, cause when you make a Twitter you sign a non-compete claused contract and it demands 40 hours a week of your time. It's definitely not some random thing you can do in 20 seconds.

If you have a job you must resign any and all personal or political opinions and keep them to yourself.

Heard ''shut up and dribble'' Stan? Time to ''shut up and coach''.
    Charles Barkley likes this

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Not yet, but we'll see.

Thread Information