Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: April 6th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - 22-27

Our GM will be on the hot seat next year. From this coaching hire to the construction of this roster

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i might be wrong but is zion the only one to score this quarter lol?
    Jax too
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We are really gonna end up with a bs 13th pick in one of the best draft in years.

Never been a fan of team that just enjoys fighting for mediocrity so much.
    We should be fighting for a playoff spot. Ingram will be back.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We are really gonna end up with a bs 13th pick in one of the best draft in years.

Never been a fan of team that just enjoys fighting for mediocrity so much.
    Absurd.

They don’t enjoy it.

Here's what I care about:

Zion came back off injury and scored 34 points in 35 minutes on 12/18 shooting, hit a three, shot 9/10 from the line, and played mostly good defense including taking the assignment on Trae early and doing well.

That matches the all-time record of consecutive 20pt/50fg% games of 25, and he looked fine.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jax too
    wow...

Steven Adams should not be on this roster when the 2021-22 season begins.

Our bench today:

Naji Marshall: 2/10 shooting, 0/4 from 3
    Isaiah Thomas: 3/11 shooting, 2/6 from 3 (4 turnovers to 2 assists)

Yeah that'll do it

Jax, meanwhile, 11pts/7rbds in 17 minutes on 71% shooting

13th pick in this draft could be a bunch of good players
    I know... I'm just venting is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Absurd.

They don’t enjoy it.
    I know. Just venting.

Here's what I care about:

Zion came back off injury and scored 34 points in 35 minutes on 12/18 shooting, hit a three, shot 9/10 from the line, and played mostly good defense including taking the assignment on Trae early and doing well.

That matches the all-time record of consecutive 20pt/50fg% games of 25, and he looked fine.
    No, really? That's what you care about?

LMAO!!!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Steven Adams should not be on this roster when the 2021-22 season begins.
    We can only hope. The dude hasn’t picked up on a screen in as many consecutive games as Zion has 20 points. I’m not sure what the philosophy is to just let guys shoot after a screen, but it doesn’t seem to be a good one.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I know. Just venting.
    I'd probably want to vent too if I watched the whole game. I started watching once the 3rd quarter started.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    No, really? That's what you care about?

LMAO!!!
    What, you want me to be concerned or worried about a loss to a team that shot unrealistically well from deep when we're so injury ridden at vital positions that we were giving real minutes to a guy who's been out of the NBA for over a year? Please, get real. Of course I'm more concerned that our franchise player looks fine after injury than that we lost a game under these circumstances.

What, you want me to be concerned or worried about a loss to a team that shot unrealistically well from deep when we're so injury ridden at vital positions that we were giving real minutes to a guy who's been out of the NBA for over a year? Please, get real. Of course I'm more concerned that our franchise player looks fine after injury than that we lost a game under these circumstances.
    Yes, but what about the other 20+ games where you posted something similar and the team was completely healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Yes, but what about the other 20+ games where you posted something similar and the team was completely healthy?
    I keep track of Zion's record breaking streak because it is record breaking and I am happy that our franchise player is being historically great at stuff. Sorry that I'm not quite depressed enough for you guys

Yeah we lost. It's not a surprise to anyone. We are not a good team. I'm not really sure why that's still a surprise to some people. When you're a bad team you can either wallow in it and be constantly mad or you can try and find positives. I'm finding positives in the fact that Zion is healthy and looks good, Jax is clearly improving, Kira has looked good when he's got minutes, NAW has been good as a starter. Get annoyed if you want.

I keep track of Zion's record breaking streak because it is record breaking and I am happy that our franchise player is being historically great at stuff. Sorry that I'm not quite depressed enough for you guys

Yeah we lost. It's not a surprise to anyone. We are not a good team. I'm not really sure why that's still a surprise to some people. When you're a bad team you can either wallow in it and be constantly mad or you can try and find positives. I'm finding positives in the fact that Zion is healthy and looks good, Jax is clearly improving, Kira has looked good when he's got minutes, NAW has been good as a starter. Get annoyed if you want.
    No I totally get it. I am in the acceptance faze. I now watch the games until I feel the blood pressure and then I just relax.

Your schtick is getting old, dae; you're exposed, pal. If we had won the game tonight and Zion got stuck on 19, you would have been devastated. I believe you would have been badmouthing SVG, Lonzo, Bledsoe, and every other so and so for Zion not getting a silly number.

Tell me, if we traded Zion to another team, would you follow him and chuck your so-called "loyalty" to the Pelicans?

Defense started off fine. Then in the 2nd, Trae Young started coming off simple screens defended by 10 feet of air. And this air bubble followed him to the rim.

At that point you know it's about to get bad.

One thing I know, I'm not matching any contract for Lonzo. Don't care what it is.

I want those guard minutes going to NAW, Kira, and whoever they add in the draft or FA/trades.

I do not want the Lonzo/Bled getting any Pelicans minutes next year. Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Defense started off fine. Then in the 2nd, Trae Young started coming off simple screens defended by 10 feet of air. And this air bubble followed him to the rim.

At that point you know it's about to get bad.

One thing I know, I'm not matching any contract for Lonzo. Don't care what it is.

I want those guard minutes going to NAW, Kira, and whoever they add in the draft or FA/trades.

I do not want the Lonzo/Bled getting any Pelicans minutes next year. Barf.
    Yeah... Lonzo and Jrue didn't work like a hot pot and water. Lonzo and Bledsoe is vomit diarrhea. Getting rid of both is addition by subtraction at this point.

Sad how Memphis is finding ways to win games against teams like Atlanta and is now 25 - 23. Missing key starters and Ja Morant not even playing that well.

Yet they play the Pelicans fully healthy and get drubbed by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Sad how Memphis is finding ways to win games against teams like Atlanta and is now 25 - 23. Missing key starters and Ja Morant not even playing that well.

Yet they play the Pelicans fully healthy and get drubbed by 30.
    I still wish we had drafted either Desmond Bane or Xavier Tillman last year. Instead they both went to Memphis and they've both been really solid straight away, real NBA players immediately.

Bane is shooting 45% from 3 on 4 a game despite only playing 21 minutes
    Tillman is one of the better defensive bigs inthe league already (not a top 5 one or anything but a strong positive) who is a +3 on/off already

*Sigh*

Wtf idea was it to hire Stan Van Grundy?

Thread Information