Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: April 6th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - 22-27

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not a surprise. There are certain posters who are just waiting for a bad game to post their reaction and are noticeably not as vocal otherwise.
    Ever been to Tigerdroppings.com? Many of those posters used to post here too.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    This board more knee-jerky than usual lately.
    Knee jerk reaction or same ole ******** year after year?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Triple doubles are not the Proof of a Good Game.

He shot like garbage, and a lot of his assists were good connecting assists but it's not like he was the playmaking wizard the box score would indicate. He played his best ball last game on defense, where he was good - particularly with steals. The offense was horrific.
    His shooting was poor indeed but dude was a rebound shy of a triple double, had 3 steals and two awesome blocks in three quarters of play and yet he is super awful? Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Same is true on SaintsReport. Some posters never post after a win. But let us get drubbed or blow it somehow and here they come to call everyone out.

I?m sure this is true everywhere.
    Yeah but some posters there have really well thought comments as well it?s much more chaotic and wild than this forum but it?s also more active

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    His shooting was poor indeed but dude was a rebound shy of a triple double, had 3 steals and two awesome blocks in three quarters of play and yet he is super awful? Haters gonna hate
    He shot terribly, his passing was not nearly as good as the box score would suggest, his decision making on offense was really poor, he refused to drive even when there were open lanes.

The defense was good, I said that. No argument there. But the offense was flat out terrible.
    Basketball.

He shot terribly, his passing was not nearly as good as the box score would suggest, his decision making on offense was really poor, he refused to drive even when there were open lanes.

The defense was good, I said that. No argument there. But the offense was flat out terrible.
    Why wasn’t his passing good? He only had one turnover and if he had converted three of his misses everyone would be saying how awesome he was. I know he didn’t make them and a few were forced but some did roll out and were practically half way in. I don’t really blame him for taking those after the previous game. He has some issues but he definitely isn’t as terrible as some claim and IMO he should stay here long term

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Why wasn’t his passing good? He only had one turnover and if he had converted three of his misses everyone would be saying how awesome he was. I know he didn’t make them and a few were forced but some did roll out and were practically half way in. I don’t really blame him for taking those after the previous game. He has some issues but he definitely isn’t as terrible as some claim and IMO he should stay here long term
    Because his name is Lonzo Ball. If it were Kira or NAW, they would be praised for only having 1 turnover.

Because his name is Lonzo Ball. If it were Kira or NAW, they would be praised for only having 1 turnover.
    I didn't say his passing was bad, I said it's not as impressive as just staring at the box score would have you think. Which is true.

For example, in the first quarter there was a moment where Zion drew a double on the left block and threw a skip pass over his shoulder to Lonzo. Lonzo had a shot but decided to pass it to the corner, where the shot fell.

Therefore Lonzo logged an assist, but he didn't do anything to create that shot: he played a purely connecting role and the shot was created by Zion's gravity drawing the help from all the way across the court and then finding the angle for the skip. It's good that Lonzo made that connecting pass, and I've said a million times that there is value in being a good connector, but if you do that kind of thing 5 times you log 5 assists and the guy who actually made the shot possible gets 0. So when you stare at the box score and say 'oh look, X had a really high assist total! He must have been on fire with the passing!'' you are missing the reality of the situation.

He was a fine passer. That doesn't chance the reality that he was offensively bad overall.

I didn't say his passing was bad, I said it's not as impressive as just staring at the box score would have you think. Which is true.

For example, in the first quarter there was a moment where Zion drew a double on the left block and threw a skip pass over his shoulder to Lonzo. Lonzo had a shot but decided to pass it to the corner, where the shot fell.

Therefore Lonzo logged an assist, but he didn't do anything to create that shot: he played a purely connecting role and the shot was created by Zion's gravity drawing the help from all the way across the court and then finding the angle for the skip. It's good that Lonzo made that connecting pass, and I've said a million times that there is value in being a good connector, but if you do that kind of thing 5 times you log 5 assists and the guy who actually made the shot possible gets 0. So when you stare at the box score and say 'oh look, X had a really high assist total! He must have been on fire with the passing!'' you are missing the reality of the situation.

He was a fine passer. That doesn't chance the reality that he was offensively bad overall.
    That's how assists work. I am sure you do not watch every game of every player to judge how their assist looked. He had a terrible shooting night. However, as a result, the rest of his game is ignored, because that is such an easy target to complain about.

That's how assists work. I am sure you do not watch every game of every player to judge how their assist looked. He had a terrible shooting night. However, as a result, the rest of his game is ignored, because that is such an easy target to complain about.
    I don't watch every single game by every single team, of course not; I have a job not enough time in the day

But I watch a lot. Which is why when I talk about the best passers and playmakers in the league I don't just go with whoever is leading the NBA in assists per game in a given year and instead actually talk about stuff like timing, vision, delivery, angles, anticipation, etc.

Lonzo passed well. But there was nothing special in it, he was just the connecting piece a lot of the time. Which, again, has value. But it's not the same value as actually creating the looks in the first place, which is how a lot of people (unfortunately) view assists.

Seems like it

Basketball Guru
    lonzo made eight 3s the game before and none of the people who are criticizing him now said a word about him for that game........i guess posters are saying if you jump at the chance to dog him out after a bad game then have that same energy for him when he have a good game....

if lonzo would have made eight 3s last night,,i dont think we would have heard a word out of certain people.....lonzo is our 3pt shooter so if not lonzo then who was going to be our 3pt shooter last night?....lonzo was off last night and yall having ya fun dogging him out..fine but just have the same fun energy towards him when he has a good game shooting the 3s....i dont think its asking too much from some of yall to do then maybe it is lol....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lonzo made eight 3s the game before and none of the people who are criticizing him now said a word about him for that game........i guess posters are saying if you jump at the chance to dog him out after a bad game then have that same energy for him when he have a good game....

if lonzo would have made eight 3s last night,,i dont think we would have heard a word out of certain people.....lonzo is our 3pt shooter so if not lonzo then who was going to be our 3pt shooter last night?....lonzo was off last night and yall having ya fun dogging him out..fine but just have the same fun energy towards him when he has a good game shooting the 3s....i dont think its asking too much from some of yall to do then maybe it is lol....
    It is amazing how polarizing a player Ball is. I guess it goes back to the hype surrounding him coming out of college and his dad's shenanigans.

Thread Information