Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P: Jrue Holiday gets extension in Milwaukee

NBA N/P: Jrue Holiday gets extension in Milwaukee

Great for him. Guess he was not miserable with the trade as one poster thought.

Sucks for us, I hoped he would leave them

Feel great for him. He deserves every penny, he's a great guy. Has had a brilliant season for them as well. Is it a bit of an overpay, cause the Bucks kinda have to stay all-in all the time right now? Yeah it is, and the very back end of the deal will likely look a bit rough, but hey whatever - I don't care about the Bucks, I care about Jrue.

His season this year, for those who haven't looked recently:

- 17/4.6/5.4 on 51/39/82 splits
    - Leading the league in Steals per Game
    - +3.8 BPM, his career high
    - 60.1%TS, his career high
    - .175 WS/48, his career high
    - +7.1 on/off
    - +4.4 RAPTOR (24th in the NBA)
    - +4.3 EPM (96th percentile, 15th in the NBA just above Durant and just below Lillard)
    - +6.0 Estimated Wins Added (Bledsoe, who he is replacing on the Bucks, is +0.3 wins added this year)

Just a spectacular season for him, he's been fantastic for them and I'm happy for him.
    Basketball.

Good for him

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Sucks for us, I hoped he would leave them
    If you thought he or Giannis would leave any time soon after that trade were made, you were being a fan and not an objective realist.

But that doesnt mean the picks cant turn out great. They will be a top heavy team, with 3 guys taking up 120-130 million per year. And what that means is that if one or two of those guys go down with an injury just one out of 4 years, you could be looking at a fantastic pick. And if its an Achilles or something like that and all of a sudden you have a guy who goes from prime Boogie to modern Boogie on your books for 40-50 million, it could be multiple good picks

Griff is simply betting that Lebron, AD, Giannis, Jrue, etc will have something serious happen at some point. When you look at a 4-6 year span, it is very hard to find a franchise winning 45 or more every year for that long of a span. Eventually, an injury or 2 happens and since a good team is so toploaded, they fall fast.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you thought he or Giannis would leave any time soon after that trade were made, you were being a fan and not an objective realist.

But that doesnt mean the picks cant turn out great. They will be a top heavy team, with 3 guys taking up 120-130 million per year. And what that means is that if one or two of those guys go down with an injury just one out of 4 years, you could be looking at a fantastic pick. And if its an Achilles or something like that and all of a sudden you have a guy who goes from prime Boogie to modern Boogie on your books for 40-50 million, it could be multiple good picks.
    To put numbers on this as an example:

In by the time of the 2024 playoffs, Jrue will be about 34, and Khris Middleton will be almost 33. Those two alone will cost about $80m that season. Obviously Giannis has also just signed his supermax, so he'll be on about $45m that year. 34 year old Jrue, 33 year old Middleton, and 29 year old Giannis cost you $125m.

That's it, that's your salary gone. One injury, or even just a reasonably fast decline for someone like Jrue or Middleton, and that's your team dead in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

But that doesnt mean the picks cant turn out great. They will be a top heavy team, with 3 guys taking up 120-130 million per year. And what that means is that if one or two of those guys go down with an injury just one out of 4 years, you could be looking at a fantastic pick. And if its an Achilles or something like that and all of a sudden you have a guy who goes from prime Boogie to modern Boogie on your books for 40-50 million, it could be multiple good picks

Griff is simply betting that Lebron, AD, Giannis, Jrue, etc will have something serious happen at some point. When you look at a 4-6 year span, it is very hard to find a franchise winning 45 or more every year for that long of a span. Eventually, an injury or 2 happens and since a good team is so toploaded, they fall fast.
    I knew they both weren’t going anywhere.

That contract is great for Jrue and pretty good for us as well Bucks have no chance IMO to even get to the finals. These contracts are massive and they are not too young. Things could go south sooner than later

All and all just another bad brick in a poorly constructed wall.

I hope that the Jrue trade finds some way to return a good player to the Pels, but as of now all it?s brought is time for Griff.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information