Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: April 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 21-27

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Less realistic than a team trading a franchise player for just picks?

Gotcha
    How does that move put OKC over the top? They’re not pushing their chips in like that. And yes I do think MIN would take “just picks” if he were available. You’re talking about potentially unprecedented amount of first rounders. Unlike high post count, pick count matters.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    How does that move put OKC over the top? They’re not pushing their chips in like that. And yes I do think MIN would take “just picks” if he were available. You’re talking about potentially unprecedented amount of first rounders. Unlike high post count, pick count matters.
    It doesn't put them ''over the top'' but it doesn't put us ''over the top'' to get KAT either. Neither of us are play-off teams, adding one guy who isn't a top 5 player isn't going to turn either of us into contenders.

In any case, why does it matter if they're ''pushing their chips in''? Do you not realise where SGA is in his development curve right now? Dude's borderline all-NBA. If you don't think pairing him with KAT is a legit path to a future - especially given that they have a larger war chest than we do and so could match any number of picks we want to offer and still have some left over to keep building with - then I'm not really sure where you're mind is with OKC right now.
    Basketball.

Thread Information