Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks - 21-26

Bledsoe is lucky to hit the rim sometimes.

Basketball Guru
    bledsoe and NAW should be the best players on this team tonight and they're not lol...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I tell you what. This is a game that shows Stan is not a very good coach. These guys do not know how to adjust based on a defense. He’s being out coached to the max tonight and I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but anyone who writes this performance off as players being out is not seeing the bigger picture. The Hawks are also missing very key guys and they are still running their offense and defense. Stan is being saved by Zion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I tell you what. This is a game that shows Stan is not a very good coach. These guys do not know how to adjust based on a defense. He’s being out coached to the max tonight and I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but anyone who writes this performance off as players being out is not seeing the bigger picture. The Hawks are also missing very key guys and they are still running their offense and defense. Stan is being saved by Zion.
    That's your takeaway from a starting lineup comprised two guys who weren't even on the team a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's your takeaway from a starting lineup comprised two guys who weren't even on the team a month ago?
    Sure is. Because in this league you can’t continue to make excuses. Monty Williams didn’t get them. Why should this trash can? Monty never once had a team look this lost and he had a revolving door roster.

Couldn't agree more!!

I tell you what. This is a game that shows Stan is not a very good coach. These guys do not know how to adjust based on a defense. He?s being out coached to the max tonight and I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but anyone who writes this performance off as players being out is not seeing the bigger picture. The Hawks are also missing very key guys and they are still running their offense and defense. Stan is being saved by Zion.
    The Hawks have actual NBA players outside of Trae, Gallo, and Collins. Huerter, Capela, Bogdonovic, and Lou Will are no slouches.

Basketball Guru
    we now have a backup PF that can play but its too late for him to help us out lol...

Sure is. Because in this league you can’t continue to make excuses.
    You don't need to wait for the team to be hamstrung by injuries to say SVG is not a very good coach. You've never had a favorable opinion of it. So you aren't even saying anything.

And don't try and frame this as me defending him. I don't care at all about him. Just this is like mocking a one armed boxer for having a poor 1-2 combo.

You don't need to wait for the team to be hamstrung by injuries to say SVG is not a very good coach. You've never had a favorable opinion of it. So you aren't even saying anything.

And don't try and frame this as me defending him. I don't care at all about him. Just this is like mocking a one armed boxer for having a poor 1-2 combo.
    I have been saying it all year. He stinks. And he has proven it with the constant terrible coaching games with a fully healthy roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    The Hawks have actual NBA players outside of Trae, Gallo, and Collins. Huerter, Capela, Bogdonovic, and Lou Will are no slouches.
    I get that. Maybe I just thought the Pels had better players than they are. I’ll probably lower my expectations to accept losing.

I have been saying it all year. He stinks. And he has proven it with the constant terrible coaching games with a fully healthy roster.
    I know you have. This game doesn't prove anything. Hell. All it's good for us pushing us closer to someone we probably will trade away but whatever.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    TankOn

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    TankOn
    It’s about the normal time of the year isn’t it? What’s the over under on it being the same next year at this part of the season?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It’s about the normal time of the year isn’t it? What’s the over under on it being the same next year at this part of the season?
    Zero chance. Next year gotta win.

Still sitting pretty to move up to 7th or 8th before the end of the season.

Man. Bledsoe. I had thought maybe he was just getting lost in the mix playing with our other starters....but....he....just wow. He should have taken over these past two games the way our opponents vets have with their stars out. The sooner he's gone, the better.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Kira with 21 points. Nice.

Who would y’all rather see take over for Bledsoe? Is it still NAW or Kira?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Zero chance. Next year gotta win.
    We can only hope.

I can’t help but want to see Kira playing with the starters. He is such a natural floor general.

Who would y’all rather see take over for Bledsoe? Is it still NAW or Kira?
    Zo and Hart starting with Kira and NAW off the bench would be my wish. I think NAW and Kira are doing OK offensively but they just aren't there yet on D and we need the starting SG to be 3 and D since they're next to Zion and BI. The bench needs pace and points, so they still fit perfectly there.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Zo and Hart starting with Kira and NAW off the bench would be my wish. I think NAW and Kira are doing OK offensively but they just aren't there yet on D and we need the starting SG to be 3 and D since they're next to Zion and BI. The bench needs pace and points, so they still fit perfectly there.
    I would like this myself. Not opposed to Hart starting at all. He has become a favorite of mine and I hope they bring him back for at least 3-4 more years.

I can’t help but want to see Kira playing with the starters. He is such a natural floor general.
    His feel for the game is considerable. And the game hasn't fully slowed down for him. Once he starts keeping pace mentally with the things around him, he'll be even more dangerous. That and when he gets that core and base built up. He comes up short on a lot of his jumpers and floaters.

If he can undergo a similar body improvement that Jaxson Hayes got in just one offseason, he's gonna make certain players expendable.

If only if our FA scouting was as good as our draft scouting. We'd have a half a team that could of actually played tonight.

Favors
    Redick
    Bledsoe
    Adams

Bad moves that costed around $80 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If only if our FA scouting was as good as our draft scouting. We'd have a half a team that could of actually played tonight.

Favors
    Redick
    Bledsoe
    Adams

Bad moves that costed around $80 million.
    Other Free Agents we missed on.....

Nikola Melli
    Julius Randle (in reverse)
    Christian Wood (in reverse)

Thread Information