Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: April 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks - 21-26

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    His feel for the game is considerable. And the game hasn't fully slowed down for him. Once he starts keeping pace mentally with the things around him, he'll be even more dangerous. That and when he gets that core and base built up. He comes up short on a lot of his jumpers and floaters.

If he can undergo a similar body improvement that Jaxson Hayes got in just one offseason, he's gonna make certain players expendable.
    What offseason? These young players didn?t even have one. They are all learning on the job. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Our future is bright if we capitalize on this covid season. I would love for us to get these players playoff experience at one and done but don?t think it?s worth the potential pick we could get by going backwards. Beal is still looking nice as a target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank on. We off to a good start

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    As of today we are top 10

http://www.tankathon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I get that. Maybe I just thought the Pels had better players than they are. I?ll probably lower my expectations to accept losing.
    The Pels have, at best, 5 Real NBA players at this point, and 4 of them were out of this game.

People need to realise that this team is not deep. The talent does not go far. We have Zion and Ingram at the top, both definitely real NBA starter calibre guys, and then literally everyone else on the roster is a maybe. Lonzo, sometimes, looks like a real starter - other times he looks like he isn't a rotation player. Same with Bledsoe, same with Jax, same with NAW. Kira is promising but nobody thinks he's a surefire starter yet, I hope.

Tonight we gave 20 minutes or more to:
    - James Johnson
    - Wes Iwundu
    - Naji Marshall
    - Willy Hernangomez

and another 12 to Wenyen Gabriel. None of those five players even scrape minutes on a good team, but we had them out there playing low level starter minutes.

So we lost. There's no issue there, and it doesn't reflect badly on anyone. Play scrubs, get scrubbed; it's not news.
    Basketball.

Happy Kira is making things happen for himself. Can't wait for the game to slow down a bit for him and that floater to start falling.

Fun fact about Kira:

Over the last 13 games (since his last stretch of DNPs, that is) dating back to March 4th, Kira is averaging:

9.4pts, 1.8rbds, 2.9asts, with only 0.6 turnovers, on 47/39/100 splits. His BPM over that span is +3.1

He's only playing about 20 minutes per game, so the per 36 equivalent of those stats are:

16.2pts, 3.1rbds, 5.0asts, with only 1 turnover.

His 47/39/100 splits equate to:

50/107 from the floor (46.7%)
    14/36 from 3 (38.8%)
    8/8 from the line (100%)

A total of 38 assists and 8 turnovers.

These are positive signs!

One more strong draft and this team should be on its way to consistent playoff contender.

We are tanking?
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    We are tanking?
    Jesus...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    We are tanking?
    Yeah with Bledsoe behind the wheel.

James Johnson was a nice signing and a definite nba caliber player that would get minutes on any NBA team. A definite upgrade over JJ Redick and a monstrous upgrade over Melli.

Finishing this year above .500 is still very much in play. Outside of the road trip to end the year, there just aren't any other daunting stretches of games.

So that in mind, was great for the youngsters to get some decent run including Naji Marshall. Bledsoe us pretty much capped out as far as his play, so I don't know what else NAW has to do to remain a starter.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    James Johnson was a nice signing and a definite nba caliber player that would get minutes on any NBA team. A definite upgrade over JJ Redick and a monstrous upgrade over Melli.

Finishing this year above .500 is still very much in play. Outside of the road trip to end the year, there just aren't any other daunting stretches of games.

So that in mind, was great for the youngsters to get some decent run including Naji Marshall. Bledsoe us pretty much capped out as far as his play, so I don't know what else NAW has to do to remain a starter.
    I am surprised how much I like him. He’s tough on both ends of the floor. Good move by Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jesus...
    We will see if we do this( Tanking)wrong too Sunday

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    word on the street is that Kira might be injured now too....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We will see if we do this( Tanking)wrong too Sunday
    Every team ahead of us is probably laughing to the draft lottery. Always can depend on us to win pointless games that only hurt us in the long run.

Typical Pelicans season.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    word on the street is that Kira might be injured now too....
    It's not on the street. He is injured now too confirmed.

Lance Thomas still play in NBA? Perhaps we should give him a call.

Thread Information