Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: JJ Reddick blast Griffin

If anything JJ. Plays his role well when he does not get what he wants. That part he does well at least. #7 on the list.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...etball-history

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Should we bring back Dell Demps?
    As a small market team with no history of success. The GM needs to value relationships with players. If players can't trust the GM, it will certainly hurt us in free agency. You can claim JJ doesn't have clout. But you can't make that same claim with Jrue. NBA players have a brotherhood. If Jrue felt scorn on how Griff went about the trade, he won't say it publicly but he can certainly speak on it privately. And that will hurt us just the same. We are not the Lakers or Celtics, we have no place to hold such arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    As a small market team with no history of success. The GM needs to value relationships with players. If players can't trust the GM, it will certainly hurt us in free agency. You can claim JJ doesn't have clout. But you can't make that same claim with Jrue. NBA players have a brotherhood. If Jrue felt scorn on how Griff went about the trade, he won't say it publicly but he can certainly speak on it privately. And that will hurt us just the same. We are not the Lakers or Celtics, we have no place to hold such arrogance.

Oh really? So upset?

https://www.fox6now.com/sports/jrue-...im-feel-wanted

“I want a chance to put a ring on my finger,”
    Them giving up all the pieces that they did, it really, really made me feel like they wanted me to be here,” Holiday said Thursday. “That’s always a good feeling.”
    What a horrible thing to get traded to a contender. So horrible.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-02-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Jrue would never say anything publicly. But if you can't read between the lines of feeling wanted by the Bucks then idk what to tell you. I'm not saying Jrue is upset. But I know if you trade me 3 weeks after congratulating me on my newborn, a year after saying I'm the face of the franchise, I would definitely feel jaded. So if he was upset, I wouldn't be surprised. Yes its a business, but there's a thing called good faith. Saying one thing and doing another is bad business.

Jrue would never say anything publicly. But if you can't read between the lines of feeling wanted by the Bucks then idk what to tell you. I'm not saying Jrue is upset. But I know if you trade me 3 weeks after congratulating me on my newborn, a year after saying I'm the face of the franchise, I would definitely feel jaded. So if he was upset, I wouldn't be surprised. Yes its a business, but there's a thing called good faith. Saying one thing and doing another is bad business.
    Conspiracy theories or nature of the business?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-02-2021 at 12:29 PM.

You're way off base. The Pels worked with him to get him to a contender when it became obvious he was not going to extend with the Pelicans. They did him a solid and I am sure he is appreciative.

Conspiracy theories?
    How is that a conspiracy theory? Where is the conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You're way off base. The Pels worked with him to get him to a contender when it became obvious he was not going to extend with the Pelicans. They did him a solid and I am sure he is appreciative.
    When did Jrue request a trade?

How is that a conspiracy theory? Where is the conspiracy?
    It’s a business. He was sent to a contender. You saying he should have waited till when to trade him?

He was being shopped for awhile . He asked to be on a contender and got it.

It’s a business. He was sent to a contender. You saying he should have waited till when to trade him?
    If he didn't request a trade. I don't see the need to trade him in the first place.

He was being shopped for awhile . He asked to be on a contender and got it.
    Conspiracy theory? You have a quote of Jrue asking to be on a contender?

If he didn't request a trade. I don't see the need to trade him in the first place.
    Aha . So it is your belief. Well you are too late. We had this discussion last season. End of story.

Conspiracy theory? You have a quote of Jrue asking to be on a contender?
    You, yourself, said that Jrue would never talk about such things publicly. Just because he hasn't publicly asked for a trade doesn't mean he hadn't done so with the front office.

Aha . So it is your belief. Well you are too late. We had this discussion last season. End of story.
    The conversation isn't whether we should've traded Jrue or not. You asked a question and I answered it. The conversation is Griffin saying one thing and doing another, creating bad faith with players and whether that will affect the team in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    You, yourself, said that Jrue would never talk about such things publicly. Just because he hasn't publicly asked for a trade doesn't mean he hadn't done so with the front office.
    Griffin certainly would've said it. Is there a quote of Griffin saying we traded Jrue because he asked for it?

Griffin certainly would've said it. Is there a quote of Griffin saying we traded Jrue because he asked for it?
    If the mutually agreed to goal was to move Jrue to a contender, why would Jrue want it out that he asked for a trade? Why would Griffin need to say Jrue wanted out? Making that public serves no purpose for either side.

The conversation isn't whether we should've traded Jrue or not. You asked a question and I answered it. The conversation is Griffin saying one thing and doing another, creating bad faith with players and whether that will affect the team in the future.
    Did not realize the Dallas Mavericks is such a horrible place.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Maybe because he was an expiring, doesn't fit the timeline age-wise, and the chance of resigning him was very slim. Missteps aside, the trade was still a very good one from the Pelicans point of view. If we wouldn't have gotten Bled-saddy we probably would've won more games and wouldn't have gotten the stud we're about to draft

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    If the mutually agreed to goal was to move Jrue to a contender, why would Jrue want it out that he asked for a trade? Why would Griffin need to say Jrue wanted out? Making that public serves no purpose for either side.
    Okay then don't say definitively that Jrue asked to go to a contender because you don't know either.

Did not realize the Dallas Mavericks is such a horrible place.
    It's not about Dallas being a bad place. Based on what JJ's issues were, he could have been traded to the Lakers and been unhappy with the trade.

Didn’t realize the NBA turned into the crybaby league. At least I laughed too

Okay then don't say definitively that Jrue asked to go to a contender because you don't know either.
    I didn't say he "definitively" asked to go to a contender. I simply said we don't know. You asserted that Jrue didn't want to be traded and that we did it against his wishes. That fact has not been established on the record.

These things don't occur in a vacuum.

When Jrue snubbed the Pels' generous contract extension going into his last year of his contract, the writing was on the wall. That's when Holiday requested a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    These things don't occur in a vacuum.

When Jrue snubbed the Pels' generous contract extension going into his last year of his contract, the writing was on the wall. That's when Holiday requested a trade.
    Thank you

Thread Information