Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: March 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 20-25

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I guess Trans-Atlantic Communications must be down right now.
    I'm not replying to you in that god awful other thread man. Stahp!

I'm not going to say a thing about BI. I've said enough.

It's all about my ***** boi Kira. Another 4 assists tonight and ZERO turnovers. Showed off that long range shot.

This is how you build a dynasty. Kira's ceiling is extremely high and will make this team contender worthy very quickly.

Also Jax silencing his haters.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Guess I?m in the minority, but come on Celtics! I rather a top 10 pick than win a meaningless game. I want to see us play good games, but just come up short in the end. Use the experience to overcome losing these leads next year especially when we add one of these beasts in the draft
    Any time you beat Boston in Boston is not meaningless

It's actually really fricking meaningful

If I can never see Bledsoe and Hart in the final 3 minutes... Pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If I can never see Bledsoe and Hart in the final 3 minutes... Pls.
    Hart? Are you serious?

WTF

One of the worst calls ever on this board

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hart? Are you serious?

WTF
    Hart just isn't a closer. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Any time you beat Boston in Boston is not meaningless

It's actually really fricking meaningful
    This, if we had people like Bledsoe and JJ getting serious minutes I really wouldn’t care about minutes but with naw and Kira getting significantly more minutes and contributing, I think it’s great for their development

Hart is a good defender and great rebounder. I don’t mind him closing out games if we are up. If we’re down, then I have an issue

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    This, if we had people like Bledsoe and JJ getting serious minutes I really wouldn’t care about minutes but with naw and Kira getting significantly more minutes and contributing, I think it’s great for their development
    We are starting to win the right games with putting proper minutes into our long term future and talent building.

If we do not talk about the Timberwolves

Hart is a good defender and great rebounder. I don’t mind him closing out games if we are up. If we’re down, then I have an issue
    In the current roster construction. This 100% correct. When we have more developed starters. Hart just better as a situational closer at best in the long term.

A salient opinion, no doubt

This a real Griff account? I have no idea. But if it is he got smoke tonight.

He's our Draymond Green in a few ways, definitely should close games

In the current roster construction. This 100% correct. When we have more developed starters. Hart just better as a situational closer at best in the long term.
    Agreed

Kira has now played seven consecutive games without a turnover. Tonight he was 3 of 4 from downtown and darn near 4 of 4 as the one he missed was shot at the end of the clock and rimmed out. Also, he hasn't missed a free throw in the month of March and is averaging 8.3 points on 47.2% shooting during that time frame.

The club has done a much better job with him than they did with last year's combo fourth picks. Does SVG get any credit?

Now work on that defense, son.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-29-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I like seeing Zion and Brandon closing games at the free throw line.

Kira has now played seven consecutive games without a turnover. Tonight he was 3 of 4 from downtown and darn near 4 of 4 as the one he missed was shot at the end of the clock and rimmed out. Also, he hasn't missed a free throw in the month of March and is averaging 8.3 points on 47.2% shooting during that time frame.

The club has done a much better job with him than they did with last year's combo fourth picks. Does SVG get any credit?

Now work on that defense, son.
    I think we can adamantly say that we are surprised how much our team has developed and blossom under SVG. SVG did come into a nonexistent system by Gentry that didn't teach anything.

A lot of players shown real growth under SVG. I wouldn't peg SVG as someone I'd look as someone to develop players. Moreso to maintain a championship roster. All In all, SVG 1st season has to be called a mild success.

Just woke up (missed the game live, sadly) but looking forward to watching it back. Mildly surprised to see that it was a win, though not truly shocked or anything.
    Basketball.

As I'm watching and the first quarter starts drawing to a close, I took a closer look at the box score, and I have to say it's pretty hilarious that Zion had 28/8/3 with 4 steals on 50% shooting and it can accurately be described as a ''disappointingly inefficient game'' for his standards

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As I'm watching and the first quarter starts drawing to a close, I took a closer look at the box score, and I have to say it's pretty hilarious that Zion had 28/8/3 with 4 steals on 50% shooting and it can accurately be described as a ''disappointingly inefficient game'' for his standards
    yes, but have a Hart....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This team has been a mixed bag. But Zion has grown precipitously. BI seems to have stagnated but he was already all-star quality. NAW, Hayes, and even Hernangomez are doing quality minutes in their roles. Kira Lewis Jr could be elite and he’s not even fully acclimated to the speed of the game yet. But he’s getting better every night. Josh Hart has Jrue’s dilemma. If he were about three inches taller, he’d be everything we’d need in a wing who wasn’t exactly good on offense. But he’s also not nearly as good on defense. Hope he’s got it in him to become that good.

Tough 8-game stretch is over. Pelicans go 5-3, which could have (should have) been easily 7-1. Positive is that you can see the team grew up a bit.

--Zion reached another zone of offensive dominance. If he had a 3 pointer would have easily included multiple 40 point games.
    --BI continues to grow as a certified All-Star quality top tier SF in the NBA. Clutch BI does exist. Closed 2 tough games in 8 days.
    --Kira and NAW confirmed what some of us knew all along---they are the 2 best guards on the team at this moment.
    --Pelicans were 3rd in offense and 21st in defense over this stretch. They can play average defense. It's in there.
    --Still cannot hold big 4th quarter leads. Held on vs Denver1 and Boston. Lost it vs Denver2 and Portland. Young team issues. #Pelslife.

Overall entered the stretch 6 games below .500, and left it 4 games below .500.

It gets relatively easier from here. Which may not be a good thing. Dreaded bottom feeder Orlando up next.

That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Tough 8-game stretch is over. Pelicans go 5-3, which could have (should have) been easily 7-1. Positive is that you can see the team grew up a bit.

--Zion reached another zone of offensive dominance. If he had a 3 pointer would have easily included multiple 40 point games.
    --BI continues to grow as a certified All-Star quality top tier SF in the NBA. Clutch BI does exist. Closed 2 tough games in 8 days.
    --Kira and NAW confirmed what some of us knew all along---they are the 2 best guards on the team at this moment.
    --Pelicans were 3rd in offense and 21st in defense over this stretch. They can play average defense. It's in there.
    --Still cannot hold big 4th quarter leads. Held on vs Denver1 and Boston. Lost it vs Denver2 and Portland. Young team issues. #Pelslife.

Overall entered the stretch 6 games below .500, and left it 4 games below .500.

It gets relatively easier from here. Which may not be a good thing. Dreaded bottom feeder Orlando up next.

That was fun.
    ....and SVG is not as bad as some as claimed. To his naysayers, I offer you this:

"Crow is a tough bird. Crow can sometimes be hard to swallow and it can certainly be embarrassing to eat crow, but there are times when crow is all there is to eat. You just have to make the best of it. Choke it down and enjoy."

....and SVG is not as bad as some as claimed. To his naysayers, I offer you this:

"Crow is a tough bird. Crow can sometimes be hard to swallow and it can certainly be embarrassing to eat crow, but there are times when crow is all there is to eat. You just have to make the best of it. Choke it down and enjoy."

That was very inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That was very inspirational.
    I hope it helps you as I know you think he is a "downgrade from Gentry" (your words, not mine).

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    This man is a downgrade from Gentry.

Thread Information