Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: March 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 20-25

Pelicans March 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 20-25

After a good win last game against a heavily short-handed Dallas team, we're on the road to Boston to play against the Celtics. They've had a more disappointing season than most of their fanbase anticipated, driven by very large amounts of injuries and COVID precaution game losses. Recent work at the deadline hasn't improved the roster dramatically, though there may be some upgrades in places.

The Celtics this year are 23-23, with the 12th rated offense and 22nd rated defense. Fournier, Langford, and Thompson are all still out with injury, meanwhile for us Lonzo has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable. If he plays, we will find out what SVG is going to do regarding Starter NAW and the Kira minutes. Does Kira get a DNP as NAW is forced back to the bench so that Bled and Lonzo can stay starters? I hope not, but it's what I expect.

Let's see what happens; this is far from a guarantee!
    Basketball.

Jaylen Brown is out too. I feel like we should take this one just, but you never know with this team.

If Lonzo plays and SVG benches NAW for Bledsoe I’m giving up hope for him as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If Lonzo plays and SVG benches NAW for Bledsoe I’m giving up hope for him as a coach.
    Can Bledsoe find a season ending toe surgery or he simply enjoy cursing us with his play?

don't forget, Milwaukee got rid of him, for reason. We were duped into accepting his play and awful contract

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Can Bledsoe find a season ending toe surgery or he simply enjoy cursing us with his play?
    Plot twist, he’s playing bad because he’s playing through a season ending toe injury?

I just get the feeling SVG and Griff share an "old-school" mentality that favors playing veterans by default and making youngsters wait their turn--unless they are super stars like Zion. I remember when a lot of college coaches had this attitude about playing underclassmen back when players stuck around campus for four years. Sometimes I get the feeling that when Griffin talks about establishing a team "culture," this kind of pecking order b.s. is part of the deal. Plus, I really think they want to get Bledsoe on track so they have some hope of trading him over the summer...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I just get the feeling SVG and Griff share an "old-school" mentality that favors playing veterans by default and making youngsters wait their turn--unless they are super stars like Zion. I remember when a lot of college coaches had this attitude about playing underclassmen back when players stuck around campus for four years. Sometimes I get the feeling that when Griffin talks about establishing a team "culture," this kind of pecking order b.s. is part of the deal. Plus, I really think they want to get Bledsoe on track so they have some hope of trading him over the summer...
    Yeah but it's a braindead strategy.

SVG said early in the season that they're not going to just give out minutes, you have to earn them.

Well we're more than half the season in. Bledsoe has done nothing to earn his minutes other than be old, whereas NAW has absolutely clawed for them and has proven that he has something to show. If SVG was being honest when he said that players earn minutes and don't just get them by default, he has no excuse for playing Bledsoe over NAW, and only a small excuse to play him over Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

SVG said early in the season that they're not going to just give out minutes, you have to earn them.

Well we're more than half the season in. Bledsoe has done nothing to earn his minutes other than be old, whereas NAW has absolutely clawed for them and has proven that he has something to show. If SVG was being honest when he said that players earn minutes and don't just get them by default, he has no excuse for playing Bledsoe over NAW, and only a small excuse to play him over Kira.
    Never understood this old school logic.

When said player finally "earned" minutes for being a good practice player. They are mad underdeveloped and struggling because they aren't playing real basketball. Kira Lewis got wasted for 3 months with these awful spurts and he wasn't going anywhere. He looked rattled and out of sorts from the randomness of his minutes. Then, we finally buckle down and committed 10 minutes a night consistently. Oh look at that... He's growing and developing a rapid rate because no matter what culture you think you're building... Practice isn't real basketball culture. Winning is real culture. It's not like we got a know nothing head coach. SVG is surprisingly a great development coach, man.

A player learns so much more on the court than in the gym.
    Last edited by Taker597; 03-29-2021 at 02:11 PM.

The most damning excuse I’ve heard from Stan is he dropped Kira because he didn’t like what he was showing defensively. There is no way he could have said that with a straight face while Bledsoe spent several months coasting through games on both sides of the ball. We all know why Bled is playing. $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The most damning excuse I’ve heard from Stan is he dropped Kira because he didn’t like what he was showing defensively. There is no way he could have said that with a straight face while Bledsoe spent several months coasting through games on both sides of the ball. We all know why Bled is playing. $$$$$
    Yea, I agree at least Kira was hustling his but out there on the defensive end, even if he was often out of position. Watching Bledsoe stand flat footed while guys were flying past him to the hoop was pretty frustrating especially when it was coupled with awful decision making, and poor shooting on the offensive end.

I do wonder though if Reggie Miller calling Bledsoe out on national tv may have lit a little bit of a fire under him. At least for the last two games Bledsoe seems to be playing with a little more energy especially on the defensive end.

Hip Flexor injuries are nothing to be played with. i expect him to be out for at least another week. Or playing with limited minutes.

If Lonzo/Bled start this game...not watching. Thats my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If Lonzo/Bled start this game...not watching. Thats my vote.
    Lonzo is out tonight. Soooooo you'll be watching right?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Lonzo is out tonight. Soooooo you'll be watching right?
    I'd have been watching regardless

That's a bloody foul on Zion's bucket

Walker slapping the ball away from everyone

Can we protect the ball
    SIGN A SF

Can we sign Hart?

You can't buy his desire for the ball

Oh man what a drive

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Iwundu is already getting minutes?

HE'S GOT IT

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Golden Boy already with the rebound and effort.

Iwundu is terrible.

We are spoilt with Joel and AD

Boston commentators are soooooo boring

Thread Information