Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zion

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Zion has a sprained thumb, he's not likely to miss much time - if any at all - no worries
    On one hand, pull Zion gets us a better pick. On the other, it allows the braindeads to say Zion is injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    On one hand, pull Zion gets us a better pick. On the other, it allows the braindeads to say Zion is injury prone.
    It does and I really want to see what Zion can do; can he get us to the play-in games? If so, how does he perform under that pressure? I want the test.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    He's questionable for Thursday. Really hope he plays. Just glad it's an issue with his hand, so the media can't run headlines questioning his weight or conditioning and how they're scared for his ankles or knees.
    From the looks of it he did it in the 3rd quarter of last game, and he played minutes in the 4th and looked fine. Unless resting it went badly with swelling and such, I feel like he'll probably play. Guys play through broken/sprained/splinted fingers all the time.

I don't know, a sprained thumb can be a bit of a problem. If you sprain any of your other fingers you can just tape it to the next one and play through it. The thumb not so much.

Question is, what hand is it?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Question is, what hand is it?
    It's on his right hand, so the off-hand. Non dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's on his right hand, so the off-hand. Non dominant.
    That is not ideal but not the worst case scenario. He may be able to mask it a bit. If it was his left I’d say no way Jose

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Same. I figured when they said he shouldn't miss much if any time, it had to be guide or non-dominant hand.

Does anyone know when and how this happened?

Same. I figured when they said he shouldn't miss much if any time, it had to be guide or non-dominant hand.

Does anyone know when and how this happened?
    I don't think it has been confirmed but the general common theory seems to be that it may have happened when he fell in the third quarter of last game. Jarred his hand a little bit. Kept playing and was fine but sometimes when you cool off after the game the injury starts to show.

Thread Information