Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 19-25

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    BI shows these great clutch flashes that really makes me excited for his prime.
    He has to get better at recognizing double teams and traps. Part of it as others have said, he gets caught dribbling a lot. He has that midrange on lockdown. He just needs to be a better decision maker leading up to his shots.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zion is literally a decent defense away from being our best on the court player in franchise history. And if we ever get to the 2nd round with him, he'll be our most accomplished player too.

Point Zion is just the nastiest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He has to get better at recognizing double teams and traps. Part of it as others have said, he gets caught dribbling a lot. He has that midrange on lockdown. He just needs to be a better decision maker leading up to his shots.
    I have faith he'll continue to better at recognizing. He's added more faciliting to his roles and ISO run with some crisp passing on top of starting to call plays with great efficiency. He has grown a lot throughout this year and he deserves some praise.

Slow boomer gonna be slow.

I have faith he'll continue to better at recognizing. He's added more faciliting to his roles and ISO run with some crisp passing on top of starting to call plays with great efficiency. He has grown a lot throughout this year and he deserves some praise.

Slow boomer gonna be slow.
    I have faith too. And thankfully we have plenty of time.

nice confidence from NAW ...clutch 3s...kudos to the team for closing it out.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Zion is literally a decent defense away from being our best on the court player in franchise history. And if we ever get to the 2nd round with him, he'll be our most accomplished player too.
    Didnt they get to the 2nd round with AD and almost to the WCF with CP3?

Big game from NAW. Gonna suck seeing go back to the bench soon. Another nice one from Kira.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    NAW hit a couple of big 3's late that he could have just as easily gotten dragged over the coals for.... very early on the clock, but he showed a lot of self confidence....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    NAW hit a couple of big 3's late that he could have just as easily gotten dragged over the coals for.... very early on the clock, but he showed a lot of self confidence....
    He's played with that kind of moxy day 1. Which one of the things I like about him. But certainly he's already had games where it just looks very ugly if those shots don't fall. Typical talented, but not uber talented, young player.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He's played with that kind of moxy day 1. Which one of the things I like about him. But certainly he's already had games where it just looks very ugly if those shots don't fall. Typical talented, but not uber talented, young player.
    Just weird that he struggles so much as a bench player.

This game was won on the bench by the coaches. The minute we started baiting Boban Marjanovic into the pick and roll, it freed BI to pull up in the paint against Marjanovic. When Carlisle countered with a smaller lineup, it freed Zion to do his thing. Tonight SVG bested Rick Carlisle, but he'll never get credit for it.

Nice hard fought win but let's be real. If Luka and Porzingis play it's likely another close loss. I see 2% chance they win monday against Boston on the road.

Good news is they seem to have hit their stride beating teams they should beat. Schedule gets somewhat lighter after monday.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nice hard fought win but let's be real. If Luka and Porzingis play it's likely another close loss. I see 2% chance they win monday against Boston on the road.

Good news is they seem to have hit their stride beating teams they should beat. Schedule gets somewhat lighter after monday.
    Wait, so you telling me that us missing Lonzo and Jax isn’t equivalent to them missing Luka and Porzingis?

Remember that Ludacris Zion slander... Calling Zion Julius Randle with hops... I don't what was worse... Super Hops Randle or that subtle Regular Hops Randle slander hasn't aged well.

Pels 3-1 without Lonzo and NAW putting up close to 20 points in the past 4 games. I don't know guys.

Zion is ridiculous, improved efficiency after a rough rough night for Ingram, NAW continued showing why he deserves real minutes, Kira looked like a legit rotation PG (again) and we pulled off a win. Not too much really to say other than that: defense was still rough but not quite as horrific as it's been at times this season, and once Lonzo returns Bledsoe shouldn't touch the court again.

I fell asleep after the first half and watched the second half back this morning, so it's kind of a late assessment but hey, whatever.
    Basketball.

And also, because I am Me and therefore am compelled to do this, here is the obligatory Zion Is Amazing post:

Monster player. Monster monster monster player. He's better at this stage in his career than AD was. Very arguably better than CP3 was at 20 as well (26/7/4 on 66.6%TS vs 16/5/8 on 54.6%TS for CP3).

He's top 20 in the league already despite the defensive issues. If he can improve defensively over the next year or so, he'll be a top 10 player in the NBA even if his offense stays at the level it is without improving further.

With a career total of 1672 points, Zion is now at 54.9% of a Baynes Career Total.

Zion has played 67 games, Baynes has played 511.

1672 total for Zion, 3042 total for Baynes.

Fans booing every time Bledsoe went on the court had to have been epic last night. I wonder if Grif and SVG got the message now?

Remember that Ludacris Zion slander... Calling Zion Julius Randle with hops... I don't what was worse... Super Hops Randle or that subtle Regular Hops Randle slander hasn't aged well.
    Randle having a decent season in NY. Made the all star team. Just sayin. It’s not like he is Solomon Hill.

NAW in his 7 games as a starter this season:

18.6pts, 5.1rbds, 2.6asts on 51/46/60 splits (63.5%TS)

NAW in his 30 games off the bench this season:

7.5pts, 2.4rbds, 1.8asts on 37/29/87 splits (47.9%TS)

It's really night and day. A large portion of it is just playing with better teammates: if you're on the floor with Zion, Ingram, and Adams instead of Melli, Bledsoe, and Jax you're going to get better opportunities and produce more efficiently, but it also seems to be a big confidence thing with him. When he's got a green light he tends to do well, when he's getting limited bench minutes and is worrying about getting pulled he tends to shrink a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    this is really very encouraging

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    This is a Shaquille O’Neal type force of nature with a point guard skillset.
    That accurately describes it. Never seen anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The biggest thing for he and Nickeil is to learn how to evade shot blockers. Kira should have an easier go most of the time with his speed, but both have been caught lacking at times with a shot blocker in the vicinity. I like that he seems more confident in when and where to drive and he isn’t hesitating on that 3 ball. He just seems confident. He could be special on the ball too just because of his quickness and handle. Can only hope that his court vision continues expanding.

Thread Information