Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 19-25

I gotta admit. As much as I wanted lonzo traded cause of his demands.... The ball flows SO much better when he's in the game. Zion is our bailout everytime.

Sometimes I think it's to his detriment when Nickeil comes out hot.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i got to say....zion scored the last few points in that quarter and ingram should have call zion to come get the ball or zion should have went took the ball from ingram that last play instead of ingram dribbling into the defense... ...
    I'm not even saying Zion should've had the ball for the final possession, though he probably should've gotten a touch at least... the bigger problem is that BI stagnates the flow of the offense at times, and usually at the exact moment when we need to do the opposite of that. Which, as I have said, is why we need a guard that can control the pace and tempo of the game so BI doesn't have to think that he needs to do it all himself. Zion/Kira will probably become largely that kind of presence in a few years I think, but it's frustrating to see the dysfunction rn regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I gotta admit. As much as I wanted lonzo traded cause of his demands.... The ball flows SO much better when he's in the game. Zion is our bailout everytime.
    Yeah, as far as impact goes, I would go as far as to say Lonzo has been our second most important player. We clearly miss his presence, he's our glue guy and kinda the swiss army knife that fills in a lot of roles, on both ends. Not that I'm saying he's the greatest player ever or anything, but we do miss him

Big shot by Bled

We really miss Jax’s energy. One of the reasons we fall off (apart from our shooting) is our centers don’t attack the rim enough when he is out and are basically just there to try for the O board and set picks. They should be a factor on both sides which is a point AD has made countless times. I don’t want to lose to this Dallas team for the 50th time. Come on guys

Let me beat dae to this Zionism That's Zion's 23rd straight 20+ game.

Griff please get us some legit shooters in this upcoming draft.

These FTs...

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Do they have another KAT?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Do they have another KAT?
    Pretty sure imma get crushed for this..... But I really like Luka Garza out of Iowa. He's a bit older and can't really play D but he can be a good scoring spark at the PF/C position and we can probably get him with a 2nd round pick no problem

Yeah we need shooters for sure...

Billy making a play in the post? Nice

Kind of disagree. We need more well rounded players that provide more than shooting. The biggest wall we run into is that players are worthless when they can't score points.

Billy showing that spark I was talking about at least. We need that energy

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    NAW got his ankles broken two plays in a row going left. Yikes that was bad.

Can' lose to the mavs without kp and luca.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    NAW got his ankles broken two plays in a row going left. Yikes that was bad.
    We look like we played a back to back to be honest. Even Zion was struggling for a minute or two. Carlisle teams are a horrible matchup for us.

we don't get points for bouncing the ball more right?
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Hart really making himself be expendable.

Big shot BI. That is what I’m talking about

There we go BI

BI shows these great clutch flashes that really makes me excited for his prime.

Good D by Bled and Adams there. Love Nickeil stepping into that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Kind of disagree. We need more well rounded players that provide more than shooting. The biggest wall we run into is that players are worthless when they can't score points.
    I agree with you. We definitely need more 2-way players.

Thread Information