Pelicans Report

Thread: I really hope they don't waste Zions career here in New Orleans

Hall of Famer

Pelicans I really hope they don't waste Zions career here in New Orleans

This team got a 2nd chance at a generational player. Let's not waste it again

Christian Clark @cclark3000
    about 1 hour ago
    20-point-per-game seasons in NBA history, sorted by True Shooting percentage: 1) Steph Curry, 17-18 ? 67.5 2) Steph Curry, 15-16 ? 66.9 3) Charles Barkley, 87-88 ? 66.5 4) Zion Williamson , 20-21 ? 66.5 5) Charles Barkley, 89-90 ? 66.1

Justin Kubatko @jkubatko

Zion Williamson scored 39 points on 16-19 shooting from the field last night. It was the fourth time this season Williamson has scored 30+ PTS with an 80+ FG%. The last NBA player to record at least four such games in a single season was Shaquille O'Neal in 1993-94.
    Last edited by Speakthetruth; 03-27-2021 at 09:37 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The more I see how awesome Zion is, the more I think Brad Beal would be a great fit. Imagine teams worrying about who to sag off when Zion has the rock. Zion kicks to Beal and teams are 3 ways dead. Because he can pop the 3. Pump fake and take two or theee dribbles and pull up and rinse it. Or he can get right to the basket and hoop or harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The more I see how awesome Zion is, the more I think Brad Beal would be a great fit. Imagine teams worrying about who to sag off when Zion has the rock. Zion kicks to Beal and teams are 3 ways dead. Because he can pop the 3. Pump fake and take two or theee dribbles and pull up and rinse it. Or he can get right to the basket and hoop or harm.
    More even than Beal, I think KAT would be so so so good with Zion.

KAT is every bit the shooter that Beal is (at least insofar as a 7 footer can be) but he fills that rare Stretch 5 position which is always such a bonus, and he's also an excellent passer.

KAT sucks on defense but Beal is arguably the worst defender in the NBA so it's not like that's an argument against him.
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    <---------------------------I Concur

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    More even than Beal, I think KAT would be so so so good with Zion.

KAT is every bit the shooter that Beal is (at least insofar as a 7 footer can be) but he fills that rare Stretch 5 position which is always such a bonus, and he's also an excellent passer.

KAT sucks on defense but Beal is arguably the worst defender in the NBA so it's not like that's an argument against him.
    This is what I’ve been thinking for a while. If we hadn’t acquired Adams, I was thinking we’d take a hit on KAT. Stretch 5’s are also ridiculously hard to find and this guy is up there with the best shooting big men of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This is what I’ve been thinking for a while. If we hadn’t acquired Adams, I was thinking we’d take a hit on KAT. Stretch 5’s are also ridiculously hard to find and this guy is up there with the best shooting big men of all time.
    I don't personally subscribe to the idea that we ''need'' a stretch 5, but I do think one would be neat. And yeah, I think KAT is the greatest shooting 7 footer ever, including Dirk, so I have a bias on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't personally subscribe to the idea that we ''need'' a stretch 5, but I do think one would be neat. And yeah, I think KAT is the greatest shooting 7 footer ever, including Dirk, so I have a bias on that.
    I think next to Zion, he makes perfect sense. Not that a stretch 5 is absolutely necessary, but having somebody like KAT for Zion to drive and kick to would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    This team got a 2nd chance at a generational player. Let's not waste it again

Christian Clark @cclark3000
    about 1 hour ago
    20-point-per-game seasons in NBA history, sorted by True Shooting percentage: 1) Steph Curry, 17-18 ? 67.5 2) Steph Curry, 15-16 ? 66.9 3) Charles Barkley, 87-88 ? 66.5 4) Zion Williamson , 20-21 ? 66.5 5) Charles Barkley, 89-90 ? 66.1

Justin Kubatko @jkubatko

Zion Williamson scored 39 points on 16-19 shooting from the field last night. It was the fourth time this season Williamson has scored 30+ PTS with an 80+ FG%. The last NBA player to record at least four such games in a single season was Shaquille O'Neal in 1993-94.
    3rd if you count AD and CP3

We have had some very good drafting luck over the years

Bobcats best ever draftee is Lamelo

The Franchise
    We need a stud SG period. We need to quit trying to build fast. Tank this year and get a good high pick. Get our potential 3rd star then next summer we can trade for our 4th star. We did the same with AD of not building through the draft, then when we almost there trade for the completing pieces.

Thread Information