Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 19-24

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram's just been bad in the clutch, I'm not sure why that's so hard for some people to admit.

It doesn't mean he's been terrible overall, he hasn't. It doesn't mean he'll be bad in the clutch forever, maybe he'll figure it out. But he's been awful in the clutch so far in his career and pretending it's not true doesn't make it go away and it doesn't fix the losses that pile up from it.
    I really wish people you have ignored also has their ignorant arse posts also ignorable when quoted.

I even said BI needs to be aggressive and drive the ball more in the clutch. He is one of the best in the league driving and drawing fouls. Thats how they beat Denver the 1st time. Of course the idiots were silent that night. But tonight, he went back to relying on the jumper tonight and it failed again.

Never have I said you can't criticize him. But when somebody posts obviously ridiculous statements about him, I say something.

Now other sites make it so you can't see ignored people's quotes. Please PR, bring this site up to date. I'll donate if necessary.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-26-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Ingram struggles beating his man off the dribble and creating separation especially in the clutch when the defense is the tightest and most aggressive
    Which is why he shouldn’t be anything other than a spot up shooter if he is actually on the floor in crunch time. Even then, he normally bricks it.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I watched all the way through until the last 5 mins of the 4th. Good Game all around. Need to improve on Fundamental Defense in the 2nd half of the game. the Offense needs to run through Zion more from what i saw. We need to diversify our shot takers in the last parts of the game. Ingram isn't our best player every night. sometimes its Zion, NAW, Lonzo our last shots need to spread out instead of a predictable Iso with Ingram. This draft or FA will we FINALLY address our Backup Wing (PLEASE LORD) and Decent backup PF? Decisions.....
    He's not our best player like 2/3rd of the time but go off.

And tbc, that's not a problem either

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I really wish people you have ignored also has their ignorant arse posts also ignorable.
    I wish when you put someone on ignore it just vanished them, rather than still having their posts appear just behind a censor bar. It's a weird ''ignore'' function, that this forum has honestly. Don't quite understand it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    He's not our best player like 2/3rd of the time but go off.
    Or, simplified: he's not our best player. Just generally.

The Franchise
    He's clearly the second best player on the team.. Let's not veer into ridiculousness guys..

Zion's season averages after tonight, 42 games in to the season:

26.0pts, 7.1rbds, 3.5asts on 62.7%FG (420/670), 38.1% from 3 (8/21), and 71.1% from the line (246/346)

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He's clearly the second best player on the team.. Let's not veer into ridiculousness guys..
    I agree, Ingram is clearly the second best player on the team right now, no real doubt about that to me.

I wish when you put someone on ignore it just vanished them, rather than still having their posts appear just behind a censor bar. It's a weird ''ignore'' function, that this forum has honestly. Don't quite understand it.
    It's pretty sad though that this guy is really so sensitive that he would ingnore me because I told him he acts smug on a message board. Which he simply and thoroughly continues to do. At the end of the day, I just want to talk basketball, this petty stuff is just lame.

Paul George went 10-28 just last night. Poor shooting nights happen. Difference is the Clippers held their opponent to 85 points.

On the flip side, Jokic and Murray have been here before and were just unstoppable in the clutch. Sometime you just have to tip your hat to the better team that night, combined with a poor outing from one of your best.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Paul George went 10-28 just last night. Poor shooting nights happen. Difference is the Clippers held their opponent to 85 points.

On the flip side, Jokic and Murray have been here before and were just unstoppable in the clutch. Sometime you just have to tip your hat to the better team that night, combined with a poor outing from one of your best.
    Yep, our problem is (and has been all season) that when you're all offense you can't afford to have a poor shooting night.

When your defense is as historically bad as ours is, you can't slow anyone down. That means that if you go cold for even 4 or 5 minutes, you lose.

So when your entire team bar one guy goes flat for an entire half, it's purely academic to even ask what happens.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I agree, Ingram is clearly the second best player on the team right now, no real doubt about that to me.
    Such a subtle dig. “Right now”. Hey- Jesus is the best savior...right now.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    But he is. And thats not saying much because Zion is clearly a top 10 player already.

But hey, at one time I had to defend Zion against ridiculous statements like he can't handle the ball. Which at the time was clearly ridiculous.

But it's ok to defend Zion but others have a big problem is you defend BI in the same manner.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I mean, who knows about the future; for all we know KAT demands a trade next year and we cash in to acquire him and suddenly Ingram is the third best player on the team instead of the second. It's always contingent.

Evidence that we need new closers. Ingram isnt the only one.

We win this game if Ingram hits his shots. That is what is keeping him from being great. Just needs to show that bit of consistency. Thankfully we have time. But eventually he needs to get there. Zion already happens to be there. Up to BI to get there

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Evidence that we need new closers. Ingram isnt the only one.
    It’s not Zion’s fault to be fair. They completely model the late game defense to nullify him. Other guys have to hit their shots.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s not Zion’s fault to be fair. They completely model the late game defense to nullify him. Other guys have to hit their shots.
    Absolutely. Which is why i say we should spread the Ball around instead of an Iso play. Ball Movement, Drive to the basket, kick it out to NAW or Bledsoe(ew) it's unpredictable.

Wouldnt work all the time of course but its much better than watching Ingram Brick it up 6 times out of 10.

This team is....

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    12 double digit collapses this year so far. #AlwaysBowDown

NAW was a little disappointing on the offensive end as well. Out of his 13 shots-- 10 were 3s. Thats a Lonzo Ball impression.

We don't want or need him to be Lonzo.

Just seems Denver made some defensive adjustments and this team fell right into their trap.

This team isn't built to win scoring 108 points.

I think we are getting better as a team and splitting a close pair with the nuggetts is evidence of that. Well played by the young ones around our core especially, some good energy from Bledsoe as well.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

I also have to add- WOW. It is incredibly hard to watch Eric Bledsoe play basketball.

Thread Information