Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 19-24

can we close out this game now? or does our end of the game problems steadily exist? Zion needs some help out here

Basketball Guru
    i think stan might have to gamble and let jax guard joker...joker is playing outside and jax can challenge his shot better than adams......even if joker decide to go inside on jax, it may be a better fit...

Double double for Zion
    Basketball.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Why is Hart not on the floor though?

New career high for Zion, he has 37

edit: make that 39

Ingram LOL
    SIGN A SF

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Chokey McChokerson better redeem himself

I don't even have to say it

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Ingram LOL
    your signature of " Sign a SF" remain undefeated. We need that decent bench wing and its been a glaring weakness for years *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

nope

im not even watching the game.... but lemme guess SVG with the questionable lineup? and forcing Ingram with a BS shot?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Chokey McChokerson better redeem himself
    Aannnnnnd he chokes again. Unreal

sigh, Mr. Unclutch, fml

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    im not even watching the game.... but lemme guess SVG with the questionable lineup? and forcing Ingram with a BS shot?

Ingram dribbles himself into an ISO on a clutch time possession where Zion doesn't even touch the ball. Bricks it. Seals the loss.

Again.

Edit: and then we don't actually even get a final shot off right at the end. Beautiful.

Ingram dribbles himself into an ISO on a clutch time possession where Zion doesn't even touch the ball. Bricks it. Seals the loss.

Again.
    Well..... Hes been off all game, its too questionable why he dictates the last shot. ISO ball is only for the elites... Ingram isnt one of them sadly.

At least it was fun watching Zion and Joker battle it out though.

Jokic: 37pts, 6rbds, 9asts on 17/30 from the floor (53.3%) including 3/5 from 3 (60%). 2stls and a block.
    Zion: 39pts, 11rbds, 5asts on 16/19 from the floor (84.2%) including 1/1 from 3. 2blks and a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    your signature of " Sign a SF" remain undefeated. We need that decent bench wing and its been a glaring weakness for years *sigh*
    Yep my sig has never been updated probably never will be at this rate

It won't be long before luckyman comes through to tell us all we're such "chicken littles" for criticizing Ingram for not playing even average enough in the clutch to not completely tank us...

Ingram should never close a game. Zion is the closer.

The Franchise
    I've always been a Ingram defender but he's proven time and time again that he's a mental midget when the game needs to be won.. or in crunch time.

He's going to end up playing himself into a number 3 guy on a winning team if that doesn't change. He's only 23 so he has time.. but thus far it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    It won't be long before luckyman comes through to tell us all we're such "chicken littles" for criticizing Ingram for not playing even average enough in the clutch to not completely tank us...
    Ingram's just been bad in the clutch, I'm not sure why that's so hard for some people to admit.

It doesn't mean he's been terrible overall, he hasn't. It doesn't mean he'll be bad in the clutch forever, maybe he'll figure it out. But he's been awful in the clutch so far in his career and pretending it's not true doesn't make it go away and it doesn't fix the losses that pile up from it.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Ingram should never close a game. Zion is the closer.
    Worse than that. Ingram shouldn’t be on the floor at the end of the game. That’s how badly he chokes. I don’t want him even touching the ball.

And then he doesn't even get a touch on the final possession. Beautiful.

Ingram struggles beating his man off the dribble and creating separation especially in the clutch when the defense is the tightest and most aggressive

I watched all the way through until the last 5 mins of the 4th. Good Game all around. Need to improve on Fundamental Defense in the 2nd half of the game. the Offense needs to run through Zion more from what i saw. We need to diversify our shot takers in the last parts of the game. Ingram isn't our best player every night. sometimes its Zion, NAW, Lonzo our last shots need to spread out instead of a predictable Iso with Ingram. This draft or FA will we FINALLY address our Backup Wing (PLEASE LORD) and Decent backup PF? Decisions.....

Thread Information