Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Grade for 2021 Pels Trade Deadline Moves ?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

0 0%
  • A

0 0%
  • A-

0 0%
  • B+

0 0%
  • B

5 14.71%
  • B-

7 20.59%
  • C+

7 20.59%
  • C

5 14.71%
  • C-

1 2.94%
  • D+

2 5.88%
  • D

4 11.76%
  • D-

0 0%
  • E+

1 2.94%
  • E

1 2.94%
  • E-

1 2.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Grading Pelicans 2021 Trade Deadline Moves

Dont know if this should factor into the grade, but I recently learned we were offers the Minny 2021 second rounder for JJ this offseason. And no salary coming back

So, we would have gotten the 31st pick, been able to use our MLE and had a 13 mil TPE to use this season or in the offseason. Griff said no and a few months later, he trades him for pick 48 or so and two guys who probably wont play, didnt get to use the MLE and doesnt have a TPE and has had to tip toe around the tax all year

Just another small example of a Griff miss. None of them are massive misses, but if you were to add them all up, they would add up to the equivalent of two massive misses IMO. I could easily show you a path where we have all the same core guys, same record in the past two seasons and are more flexible with an additional two firsts and 8-10 seconds.

Again, just another small example of how he doesnt hit singles, and instead just often hits into double plays with the around the margins moves
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    k

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dont know if this should factor into the grade, but I recently learned we were offers the Minny 2021 second rounder for JJ this offseason. And no salary coming back

So, we would have gotten the 31st pick, been able to use our MLE and had a 13 mil TPE to use this season or in the offseason. Griff said no and a few months later, he trades him for pick 48 or so and two guys who probably wont play, didnt get to use the MLE and doesnt have a TPE and has had to tip toe around the tax all year

Just another small example of a Griff miss. None of them are massive misses, but if you were to add them all up, they would add up to the equivalent of two massive misses IMO. I could easily show you a path where we have all the same core guys, same record in the past two seasons and are more flexible with an additional two firsts and 8-10 seconds.

Again, just another small example of how he doesnt hit singles, and instead just often hits into double plays with the around the margins moves
    He has had many small misses. Judging that one is a bit unfair and is using hindsight too much. Could he have known that we would be as bad as we were this year or that JJ would fall off so much? Could he have known the TWolves would have all the injuries they have had and be so bad? That risk (an unknown 2nd rounder) may have been worth the risk that JJ could have helped this team go further than they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    As for me, the maximum score is D. We didn't do anything big, we even weakened the team. Sometimes the lack of transfers is the best transfer, but this time we needed changes ... Serious, not cosmetic xd
    I can understand if you were disappointed that we did not make a bigger deal. However, how did we weaken the team? They basically gave up Melli for Iwundu, Johnson and a 2nd. JJ was getting bought out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He has had many small misses. Judging that one is a bit unfair and is using hindsight too much. Could he have known that we would be as bad as we were this year or that JJ would fall off so much? Could he have known the TWolves would have all the injuries they have had and be so bad? That risk (an unknown 2nd rounder) may have been worth the risk that JJ could have helped this team go further than they have.
    I think you missed the part where I said it would also open up the MLE and we could have even used the BAE too without hitting the lux tax. For positions we needed more. This is not hindsight, said it was bad at the time. Just like the Adams deal

Before our new guy(s) make an appearance, quick interpretation of our fan poll on trade deadline move(s) or non moves as of today:

- Overall grade, pass.
    - Not fantastic.
    - A minority thought it really sucked.

30 votes total

Pass : 70% ( C- or higher)
    Fail : 30% (D+ or less)

Highest rating : B 10%
    Lowest rating : E- 3 %
    Average : C+ - 23%

Disclaimer: This poll is for fan entertainment purposes only.
    Scientific margin of error +_<> 99.99%
    thanks for voting
    Last edited by KoMikaera; 03-28-2021 at 07:47 PM.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

We really need to fire Dell Demps. This is still his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think you missed the part where I said it would also open up the MLE and we could have even used the BAE too without hitting the lux tax. For positions we needed more. This is not hindsight, said it was bad at the time. Just like the Adams deal
    I agree with you regarding the Adams deal. As far as JJ, I do not think taking an unknown 2nd was necessarily a no brainer just to open up the MLE unless we had no plans on doing the Adams trade.

iwundu is 26, so he is what he is.......filler.

Thread Information