Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 17-24

Pelicans March 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 17-24

Here we go again, still on the road, this time taking on Denver.

Jokic is currently my pick for MVP, so this should be fun.
    Basketball.

If Lonzo starts, it's a definite indication that the team is in a 'win now' mode. Otherwise, why not just sit Lonzo due to his 'hip flexor' and run with NAW and Kira? It's a perfect opportunity to give the young 'uns some meaningful time and not have them looking over their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Here we go again, still on the road, this time taking on Denver.

Jokic is currently my pick for MVP, so this should be fun.
    Love him. Bizarro Dirk's my second favorite player in the league outside of Zion. Also yes the entire purpose of this post was to say Bizarro Dirk

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Currently in a tie for 9th.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Jokic and Murray will pick us apart on PnR..will be lucky if we only lose by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Currently in a tie for 9th.

http://www.tankathon.com/
    Really want that 6th pick.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Jokic and Murray will pick us apart on PnR..will be lucky if we only lose by 10.
    Also based on the history of this team, I wouldn't be surprised if we won by 15. Unlikely, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Love him. Bizarro Dirk's my second favorite player in the league outside of Zion. Also yes the entire purpose of this post was to say Bizarro Dirk
    He's one of the few players in the league that regularly shocks me with stuff he does. His off-balance, fadeaway, wrong-footed 18 footer is just stupid. His passing would be spectacular for any player, let alone a 7 footer.

And contrary to popular narratives, he's actually fine on defense these days. Not great or anything, but he's not some horrific defensive negative who is destined to sink every lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Also based on the history of this team, I wouldn't be surprised if we won by 15. Unlikely, but I wouldn't be shocked.
    We win games we shouldnt like the Clippers game and then get massacred by the Wolves..you don't ever know what team u going to get smh

He's one of the few players in the league that regularly shocks me with stuff he does. His off-balance, fadeaway, wrong-footed 18 footer is just stupid. His passing would be spectacular for any player, let alone a 7 footer.

And contrary to popular narratives, he's actually fine on defense these days. Not great or anything, but he's not some horrific defensive negative who is destined to sink every lineup.
    Seriously. His passing stylistically is really Bird-like, and there's probably no player outside of Bird I would say that of (to an extent maybe Magic or Luka, but they're not wizard level touch passers like the aforementioned two, though they're certainly good in that respect, tbc)

I know that a lot of American fans hate games at this time but man, sitting down to watch a Pelicans game at 7pm is so uniquely fun to me. Usually only happens a handful of times a year (Christmas, if we have a Christmas game, is one of them).

Seriously. His passing stylistically is really Bird-like, and there's probably no player outside of Bird I would say that of (to an extent maybe Magic or Luka, but they're not wizard level touch passers like the aforementioned two, though they're certainly good in that respect, tbc)
    I can't remember the exact statistic, but he has something like 4 of the top 6 passing seasons of all time for a C already, and he's only 26

It's just ridiculous how good he is. Very much like Bird, I agree. A wizard.

Love to see NAW starting

Just the most woeful transition D lmao

Bledsoe with the worst pocket pass of the night, in all likelihood.

Awesome...we get to see more of Kira and NAW.

can't believe i live in the reality where we still start Bledsoe

can't believe i live in the reality where we still start Bledsoe
    He is afraid to shoot the 3 ball now too. He is trying a tad harder on D to be fair to him.

What a stunningly anaemic performance so far.

I know that a lot of American fans hate games at this time but man, sitting down to watch a Pelicans game at 7pm is so uniquely fun to me. Usually only happens a handful of times a year (Christmas, if we have a Christmas game, is one of them).
    I love early games. I tend to really dislike late evening games.

What a stunningly anaemic performance so far.
    I blame the high elevation in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I live on the east coast so this works for me.

How many in a row has Zion scored 20 or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Most games start at 1 or 2am here, it's a real pain in the neck to watch everything on time. I've had to miss a few recently and re-watch them later due to professional life stuff ramping up.

Starting to slightly worry about Lewis lack of progress in development. Nothing alarming, but the signs are getting apparent.

Thread Information