Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 17-24

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    You think we lose all 3 home games?
    No... A winning streak

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Why do I feel like of everyone on the roster, Ingram is hurt the most by the lack of a true lead guard to run the show? Feels like he needs a real floor general to rein him in at times, because Ingram unchained isn't necessarily a good thing I think.
    Earlier in the game Daniels pointed out that being ''point forward'' isn't really something Ingram ever asked for, and I think that's largely true. The problem is that he has a fairly sharp divide between off-ball and on ball modes, and he doesn't really seem to know how to play on ball without being the only guy who gets to run any offense. It's pretty annoying at times.
    Basketball.

Kira looking fresh

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Kira looking fresh
    Kira's wheels are really something else. Just wows you

We are getting some janky calls tonight. They still don’t care if Zion gets bludgeoned though

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Your 'Ingram Hate' is showing.

50%, 20 points so far and seven assists isn't shabby.
    His shot selection been kinda wack doe.

Finally. Refs have been kind to us tonight to be fair. No excuse for them to allow Zion to be smacked all night though.

Hack a Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    His shot selection been kinda wack doe.
    Also lmfao at me explicitly saying the box score won't show it, and his response being... to list box score stats at me

Edit: also, 50%? Ingram's shooting 42% from the floor and 28% from 3 tonight, where's this 50% come from?
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 03-21-2021 at 03:58 PM.

NBA so soft, jesus christ man

The fact that we're even still in this despite shooting 45/28/66 as a team is astounding.

Denver, by contrast, is at 51/37/100

Feels like goes back and forth with Zion or BI missing clutch FTs in the 4th. I know it's a really hypercritical thing to harp on from a fan standpoint, because FT shooting isn't a light switch.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Kira's wheels are really something else. Just wows you
    His speed on offense and defense is helpful.

Feels like goes back and forth with Zion or BI missing clutch FTs in the 4th. I know it's a really hypercritical thing to harp on from a fan standpoint, because FT shooting isn't a light switch.
    It's a problem, for sure. Wish we had one guy that was super reliable at the FT line and could get us a bucket at any time. Someone like a CP3... oh wait

The officiating sucks in this game.

Joker so good man, wow

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    It's a problem, for sure. Wish we had one guy that was super reliable at the FT line and could get us a bucket at any time. Someone like a CP3... oh wait
    I just brothers me that you're gonna create a physical team with focus on drawing fouls and be a below average FT shooting team. We are already got deck stack against with 3PT teams, whether refs are gonna give us calls, and if we can even capitalize on said calls. I just want 80%.

That’s the early year BI right there. What a shot

That’s the early year BI right there. What a shot
    Best shot of the night for him

Probably his best clutch time shot of the season, honestly.

BI is getting better with his ISO. Gotta develop it with the bad and good. I'll vent when it's bad. Praise when it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Won't look this way on the stat sheet but it's been a pretty poor night for Ingram as a decision maker.
    Yeah, he sucks, huh?

Ingram actually playing clutch, nice to see.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I know these close games help the Pelicans out, in future games, but they are difficult to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Best shot of the night for him
    Early in the year he was hitting those shots consistently. It’s not fair to ask a player to hit those all the time, but he needs to be more consistent with them if he wants to be the guy down the stretch. That will be his next step

Early in the year he was hitting those shots consistently. It’s not fair to ask a player to hit those all the time, but he needs to be more consistent with them if he wants to be the guy down the stretch. That will be his next step
    No he wasn't. Not in the clutch, anyway; he's been appalling bad in the clutch all season long (hell, his entire career), something that is evident from even a brief look at the stats.

It's good that he hit the shot tonight, absolutely, but let's not pretend like it's a return to form: his form is bad. Let's hope it's a positive deviation to set a new norm.

Thread Information