Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 17-24

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Starting to slightly worry about Lewis lack of progress in development. Nothing alarming, but the signs are getting apparent.
    He has played 368 total minutes of NBA basketball and is one of the youngest players in his class. I'll hope my breath for a while.
    Basketball.

Starting to slightly worry about Lewis lack of progress in development. Nothing alarming, but the signs are getting apparent.
    He's got JAXSON-i-tus. He'll be fine down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He has played 368 total minutes of NBA basketball and is one of the youngest players in his class. I'll hope my breath for a while.
    If he isn't using his speed with the ball in his hand.. He's not really providing much. I get he hasn't gotten a lot of minutes, tho.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hayes has gotten a lot stronger. Those dunks were all misses last year.

What a scoopty doop by NAW

If he isn't using his speed with the ball in his hand.. He's not really providing much. I get he hasn't gotten a lot of minutes, tho.
    He's been a much better guard defender than NAW, Redick, and early-season Bledsoe also. He's been essentially unscreenable at times.

Flashed a bunch of nice passes as well.

I get that he hasn't strung together long periods of quality play, but at some level of activity you have to basically just say ''oh well, hard to string together long periods of quality play when you aren't stringing together long periods of any play because you don't see the floor for more than 90 seconds at a time.''

NAW is heating up.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    What a scoopty doop by NAW
    He's looking spiffy

He's been a much better guard defender than NAW, Redick, and early-season Bledsoe also. He's been essentially unscreenable at times.

Flashed a bunch of nice passes as well.

I get that he hasn't strung together long periods of quality play, but at some level of activity you have to basically just say ''oh well, hard to string together long periods of quality play when you aren't stringing together long periods of any play because you don't see the floor for more than 90 seconds at a time.''
    I mainly directed my worrisome with NAW and Hayes rookie years. Just inconsistent commitment to developing our young talent. Luckily, since 3/4... felt like a huge shift in the right direction with giving real minutes to our young guys to develop. Felt like we wasted half a season with being very hot/cold with giving Lewis minutes.

Wish we'd get our best offensive player involved at some point

So many open 3s where we just say no and dribble into something worse.

Here we go, 2 shots from Zion, 2 makes from Zion

Pelicans with the rare 2nd QTR win.

I mainly directed my worrisome with NAW and Hayes rookie years. Just inconsistent commitment to developing our young talent. Luckily, since 3/4... felt like a huge shift in the right direction with giving real minutes to our young guys to develop. Felt like we wasted half a season with being very hot/cold with giving Lewis minutes.
    This is something you can’t do with young players (unless they are in the right situation- having a valid mentor, long-term competition ahead of them, etc.). You kill their confidence. They start to question everything they are doing on the court- even if they didn’t do much wrong. You have to have an actual excuse. You are better off redshirting them if you are going to be wacky with your lineups (I’m glad they are getting consistent minutes recently though).
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 03-21-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Steve Adams would make Roberto Duran proud - "Hands of Stone".

There's Zion with 20 points again.

That's 20 consecutive.

Also, obligatory Zion Made Three alert

Here I’am to bring good luck

Won't look this way on the stat sheet but it's been a pretty poor night for Ingram as a decision maker.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we win today. We start a little homestead run starting against Lakers, Denver, and Mavs.
    Last edited by Taker597; 03-21-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Won't look this way on the stat sheet but it's been a pretty poor night for Ingram as a decision maker.
    Your 'Ingram Hate' is showing.

50%, 20 points so far and seven assists isn't shabby.

Why do I feel like of everyone on the roster, Ingram is hurt the most by the lack of a true lead guard to run the show? Feels like he needs a real floor general to rein him in at times, because Ingram unchained isn't necessarily a good thing I think.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we today. We start a little homestead run starting against Lakers, Denver, and Mavs.
    You think we lose all 3 home games?

Thread Information