Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: March 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 17-24

All in all, I trust Ingram's work ethic and ability to improve before he hits his ceiling at 27-29.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    BI changed how he closes games. Used his obvious BURST to get to the rim to score, draw fouls, and create for others.

Thats where he has to be himself. Not fall for the Durant comparisons and settle for mid range contested jumpers in crunch time.

He has a real ability to create havoc in the paint. Use it.

Great game from BI.
    This

Ingram is one of the better iso players in the league. Top third to be exact. Generates a higher PPP and eFG% than Kawhi, Middleton, Lebron, Jamal Murray, Donovan Mitchell, and both Boston Js (by a wide margin) to name a few.

So clearly the iso game overall is a BI asset and not frustrating. It's just in the clutch when he chucks jumpers that stop falling. He needs to attack like he did against Denver and clutch Ingram will be fine.

I do like what I see from NAW and Hayes. Hayes improved his D. He is really athletic and is very fast with his feet. I really like his double teaming and he is very active around the rim. Offensively he is also very efficient and that dunk was just sick!! NAW is very active with his hands and is playing very good D without fouling. I like how he is fighting through screens. He gets too jumpshot happy but is not afraid to attack the rim and is quite good at it. I like that he is really self confident and has a short memory after that terrible fumble. I would like to see the starting five with both Lonzo and NAW.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ingram is one of the better iso players in the league. Top third to be exact. Generates a higher PPP and eFG% than Kawhi, Middleton, Lebron, Jamal Murray, Donovan Mitchell, and both Boston Js (by a wide margin) to name a few.

So clearly the iso game overall is a BI asset and not frustrating. It's just in the clutch when he chucks jumpers that stop falling. He needs to attack like he did against Denver and clutch Ingram will be fine.
    I agree with that and I am quite positive that he will learn from his mistakes and we will see him finish the games just like he did against Denver

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I agree with that and I am quite positive that he will learn from his mistakes and we will see him finish the games just like he did against Denver
    Just to put a bow on this among players with at least 10% iso for their play types, BI is 4th in the league is drawing shooting fouls in iso. He's 3rd in the league in drawing "and 1s."

Zion is #1 and #11 for both categories. Zion is 3rd in scoring frequency and BI 19th. Zion is 8th in turnover frequency and BI is 18th.

With 2 players like that, this team should never have dry spells in the clutch. They should at least be getting easy points at the line. Bottom line is the team has 2 very good iso options.

These coaches have to understand that and make sure BI doesn't bail the opponent out with jump shots and neither turns it over.

Thread Information