Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fire SVG

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    We have:
    -No shooting beyond Lonzo and Ingram (Bledsoe and JJ have so many negatives they don't even count)
    -No halfway decent individual defenders besides Lonzo, Adams, Hart, and Ingram (being very generous with Ingram... Bled is some sort of zombie of his former self)
    -An extremely weak bench
    -A very inexperienced team

We also have:
    -rebounding
    -youth
    -some raw talent

A new coach does not fix our personnel problems.
    Basically. We have pieces to work with, but we have pieces we really need to add as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzo4MVP View Post
    Y?all need to quit the pity party . Instead be more insightful. So you really think Stan Van Gundy is the long term solution or just borrowed time? Perhaps you need to listen to Mr. McNamara more closely.
    Or perhaps you are McNamara. Signed up June 2019... just like another poster I recently called out? Hmmmm.... it all makes a bit too much sense.

For the record, I don’t think you are Mac. But you are a multi. Be a man and confess your sins

Mac does have some good ideas, and I think his nihilistic personality would work well as a GM (in terms of roster moves, not relationships)

But he swings as wildly as emotionally as we all do

I don't even really think he's nihilistic, that's just his persona.

Deep down, he loves the Pels as much as anyone here, and he doesn't even hide it particularly well (though absolutely thinks he does)
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-19-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Mac does have some good ideas, and I think his nihilistic personality would work well as a GM (in terms of roster moves, not relationships)

But he swings as emotionally as we all do
    He is just as wrong an anybody on the board. Sometimes more so because he wants to seem smarter than everyone else. That isn’t intelligence. It’s narcissism disguised as intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He is just as wrong an anybody on the board. Sometimes more so because he wants to seem smarter than everyone else. That isn’t intelligence. It’s narcissism disguised as intelligence.
    I call him out every time he misses, mainly on Twitter, which is often, but he also has a fair few thoughts I agree with

There's this prevailing thought that on the Internet, someone is either 100% awesome or 0% awesome

I'm more nuanced than that

I call him out every time he misses, mainly on Twitter, which is often, but he also has a fair few thoughts I agree with

There's this prevailing thought that on the Internet, someone is either 100% awesome or 0% awesome

I'm more nuanced than that
    Some people are just bad. He is one of them. If everyone knew the color grey existed, this thread wouldn’t exist. He is not grey.

Some people are just bad. He is one of them. If everyone knew the color grey existed, this thread wouldn’t exist. He is not grey.
    It really annoys me when he tries to portray himself as this self confessed "neutral observer" of the NBA, when he posts 185 Tweets a day about the Pelicans.

How can you even start to portend that you're anything but a hardcore fan like all of us junkies when you do that? Laughable

It really annoys me when he tries to portray himself as this self confessed "neutral observer" of the NBA, when he posts 185 Tweets a day about the Pelicans.

How can you even start to portend that you're anything but a hardcore fan like all of us junkies when you do that? Laughable
    He is either a bot created by the site manager designed to be a contrarian dbag and drive up site traffic (if so well done) or an actual human being and that is too terrifying to accept so I will go for the former.
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 03-19-2021 at 06:03 PM.

He is either a bot created by the site manager designed to be a contrarian dbag and drive up site traffic (if so well done) or an actual human being and that is too terrifying to accept so I will go for the former.
    Can't spell Michael without AI

His new name will be Macbot version 2011. He unfortunately hasn’t received an update since his conception which would explain why his shtick has gotten so stale.

From what I see I like Stan as coach.

He's really honest and if you hear his press talks holds himself accountable, he is also putting some accountability on the players without throwing them under the bus.
    IMO he needs a normal year (ie next year) when he can actually have normal team practices to get a better gauge of how his plan is working out.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

He is just as wrong an anybody on the board. Sometimes more so because he wants to seem smarter than everyone else. That isn?t intelligence. It?s narcissism disguised as intelligence.
    Boom.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post

He's really honest and if you hear his press talks holds himself accountable, he is also putting some accountability on the players without throwing them under the bus.
    IMO he needs a normal year (ie next year) when he can actually have normal team practices to get a better gauge of how his plan is working out.
    The reality is he should have had last year. Gentry was always going to be a lame duck. That in itself was a poor move that may have set us back a little. FO and ownership need to be better in that regard.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post

I actually like Stan too. I just don’t think the players fit his old school approach. If this was a vet roster, I think he would be perfect. I really want him to succeed, but it just seems like they aren’t listening to him sometimes.

His new name will be Macbot version 2011. He unfortunately hasn’t received an update since his conception which would explain why his shtick has gotten so stale.
    And yet you guys still talk about me. Think about me. Get rattled by me. After all these years.

And nobody knows you. Knows your opinions. Cares about all the times you have been right. Or wrong.

Hence, the jealousy and hate. Because you have zero relevance, and never will.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And yet you guys still talk about me. Think about me. Get rattled by me. After all these years.

And nobody knows you. Knows your opinions. Cares about all the times you have been right. Or wrong.

And yet you're here, spending your time posting this very thing I just quoted

I think you may be a little slow
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-19-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

And yet I don’t pretend like my opinions hold any weight like you do. Just take the L Macbot. It’s pathetic.

And yet I don?t pretend like my opinions hold any weight like you do. Just take the L Macbot. It?s pathetic.
    The funniest part is that he can't even see how contradictory and pathetic he is

lel

And yet you're here, spending your time posting this very thing I just quoted

I think you may be a little slow
    Slow. Pathetic. Vain. Eccentric (in the worst way). He is an attention whore. Just read that post again. The guy is desperate which is why he acts like such a diva.

Slow. Pathetic. Vain. Eccentric (in the worst way). He is an attention whore. Just read that post again. The guy is desperate which is why he acts like such a diva.
    Attention whore says it all

Can we talk about the Pels now

“And yet you guys still talk about me. Think about me. Get rattled by me. After all these years.”

How cringeworthy is that. This guy is a literal cartoon villain

Attention whore says it all

Can we talk about the Pels now
    It’s time. The Pels have been on the back burner long enough.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I wish the Pels would give us something to talk about other than bad coaching and players wanting to leave... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I wish the Pels would give us something to talk about other than bad coaching and players wanting to leave... lol
    At least Stan is giving the young guys minutes. If he starts flip flopping on that like he was earlier in the year, he will have lost me. And to be fair it’s not Stan’s fault he was burdened with Bledsoe. The guy has made himself virtually unmovable.

Thread Information