Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fire SVG

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He is just as wrong an anybody on the board. Sometimes more so because he wants to seem smarter than everyone else. That isn’t intelligence. It’s narcissism disguised as intelligence.
    You are digging yourself a deeper hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzo4MVP View Post
    You are digging yourself a deeper hole.
    Mac can you stay on topic. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

I thought my attempt was pretty good. I’ll agree to disagree with Sports Wagon.

When in Cleveland didn?t Grif. Wack a coach midseason? Was it Lue? Or Blatt?
    That?s because LeBron pressured him and ownership to get rid of Blatt.

Griff needs to fix this roster before we start blaming coaches again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    What if it’s the players that want the new coach? Do you see this team likening SVG?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’m glad someone said it.

He is just as wrong an anybody on the board. Sometimes more so because he wants to seem smarter than everyone else. That isn?t intelligence. It?s narcissism disguised as intelligence.
    This

Why don't we go right to the stop and start blaming Gayle?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Pfft

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Pfft

Ownership has played a factor to be fair. It was widely noted that Tom (may he Rest In Peace) wanted to win very quickly and it played a part in some of Dell’s transactions. I think everyone from top to bottom needs to set a realistic goal and stick with it. We had our Icarus moment with the Boogie saga and got burned. Time to come back down to earth and rebuild.

Ownership has played a factor to be fair. It was widely noted that Tom (may he Rest In Peace) wanted to win very quickly and it played a part in some of Dell’s transactions. I think everyone from top to bottom needs to set a realistic goal and stick with it. We had our Icarus moment with the Boogie saga and got burned. Time to come back down to earth and rebuild.
    I think you are talking about Mickey Loomis not Tom Benson

Exactly. Demps and co had a bit of a mandate to win now, which I'm fairly sure this current group doesn't have (as explicitly)

Gayle shouldn't get a free pass here

Bottom line he’s just an average coach that may have struck gold early in his career because he had Wade, Shaq, and Alonzo. He did nothing Detroit. The trend is continuing.

Speaking of removing a coach mid season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Van_Gundy

From 2003 to 2005, he was the head coach of the Miami Heat but resigned in 2005 mid-season, turning the job over to Pat Riley.

I think you are talking about Mickey Loomis not Tom Benson
    Tom was quoted saying ‘I want to win damnit’ or something of the sorts before he passed (which is completely understandable). Tom was a part of it just like everyone. Now everyone needs to take a step back and not let emotion get in the way. That is difficult for ownership

Speaking of removing a coach mid season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Van_Gundy
    Also coached multiple years

Tom was quoted saying ‘I want to win damnit’ or something of the sorts before he passed (which is completely understandable). Tom was a part of it just like everyone. Now everyone needs to take a step back and not let emotion get in the way. That is difficult for ownership
    *insert senile joke about Tom here* :P

I can guarantee you there are very few first year head coaches that were fired mid year. It’s something that might happen at a big market but it wouldn’t happen here ever.

*insert senile joke about Tom here* :P
    I can’t blame him considering where he was in life. I feel like we came close to something special at the end of it all if Boogie stayed healthy. That means Mirotic probably re-signs, we have a core of Jrue/AD/Boogie and all of the vets ring chasing would be dying to come to us. That just left us with the coaching situation (which probably would have stayed the same and let us down to be honest). But we were close. And thankfully this time we probably won’t have to deal with another Warriors dynasty.

Also coached multiple years
    Alonzo, Shaq, and Wade not coming back bruh

This seems like a clear cut issue that a lot people agree with to be honest. Which is refreshing.

SVG could easily coach LeBron and AD to a championship if LA hired him. I don't see him as the problem, but neither the long term solution.

Our roster, as constructed, is simply weak. There are far too many "I"'s on our core players' report cards.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-20-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Thread Information