Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fire SVG

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Fire SVG

He is not making sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This man is a downgrade from Gentry.

I dont think the players are buying into his system..or maybe the personnel does not match his philosophy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Worry about it later. Stealth tank in effect. It'll be worth it.

If he keeps giving the young guys minutes, he is doing his job. Leave him be. Worry about another season. This one is about development.

Three absolutes in life. Death, taxes, pelicans fanbase being extremely patient and not knee-jerk reacting...

O h

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Three absolutes in life. Death, taxes, pelicans fanbase being extremely patient and not knee-jerk reacting...

O h
    I think it’s just heat of the moment stuff. And to be fair, we are always waiting to be a winning team, so I can understand the frustration. It’s unfortunate that we wasted a season with Alvin to begin with and Stan didn’t have that extra year to embed his identity into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post

O h
    Rebuilding for how long? What good is it for keeping him if the players don’t care for him?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-19-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Rebuilding for how long? What good is it for keeping him if the players don’t care for him?
    You don’t fire a new coach (of a rebuilding team FFS) halfway into a first season. We literally just traded away our all time great big a season ago and are still recovering. Yes, we are rebuilding. Zion is in his 2ND I REPEAT 2ND YEAR. That is our superstar. We don’t have the right team built around him yet, and rushing the rebuild is exactly why we got into this damn mess in the first place. Not to mention Stan had 5 seconds of an offseason. We have to let this one ride and see what progress we make next year. This one will have bumps and bruises.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You don’t fire a new coach (of a rebuilding team FFS) halfway into a first season. We literally just traded away our all time great big a season ago and are still recovering. Yes, we are rebuilding. Zion is in his 2ND I REPEAT 2ND YEAR. That is our superstar. We don’t have the right team built around him yet, and rushing the rebuild is exactly why we got into this damn mess in the first place. Not to mention Stan had 5 seconds of an offseason. We have to let this one ride and see what progress we make next year. This one will have bumps and bruises.
    Only a matter of time before Zion gets sick of this ********. Knicks fans already think he is heading there way in 2023. RJ already recruiting him.

Only a matter of time before Zion gets sick of this ********. Knicks fans already think he is heading there way in 2023. RJ already recruiting him.
    I’m scared. The Knicks are ~spooky. Zion can get tired all he wants as we have two more years after this. If we are still absolute clowns next year, then I think it’s time to be a bit concerned. Even then it’s Zion’s contract year that we should be aiming for. Not next year (albeit a good playoff run would be nice).

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Uh oh. Fans of a team think things overwhelmingly positive are sure to happen in their favor? We should be so concerned. Not like a lot of things can and will occur in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Uh oh. Fans of a team think things overwhelmingly positive are sure to happen in their favor? We should be so concerned. Not like a lot of things can and will occur in two years.
    I’d hardly call it being overly optimistic so much as not jumping the gun. Firing a head coach in his first season mid year is foolish unless you are a perineal playoff team with the opportunity to hire an actual coach. We’d bring in someone even worse than Stan.

I’d hardly call it being overly optimistic so much as not jumping the gun. Firing a head coach in his first season mid year is foolish unless you are a perineal playoff team with the opportunity to hire an actual coach. We’d bring in someone even worse than Stan.
    Minnesota Timberwolves laugh at your theory. Funny thing is we gave them 1st win by 30 pts under coaching change.

Atlanta Hawks also laughing at you. Watch this

When in Cleveland didn’t Grif. Wack a coach midseason? Was it Lue? Or Blatt?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    All I hope is that all the patient ppl are right. I have run out of patience, unfortunately. This organization has changed my vitality for the foreseeable future.

No respectable coach will ever come here if we pull a stunt like this. Let other teams do as they please. The Timberwolves are perineal losers like us and the Hawks are graced by living in the Eastern Conference. We’d be a playoff contender yearly over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    All I hope is that all the patient ppl are right. I have run out of patience, unfortunately. This organization has changed my vitality for the foreseeable future.
    Yep. Tired of the same ole ******** year after year.

Also, Saunders and Pierce had been coaching for multiple years. Big difference.

If you are going to be mad at the FO, blame them for retaining Gentry an extra year.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    If you are going to be mad at the FO, blame them for retaining Gentry an extra year.
    My thing is everyone of us knew that Stan wouldn’t fit this roster. Why can’t the leadership?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    My thing is everyone of us knew that Stan wouldn’t fit this roster. Why can’t the leadership?
    Was he the perfect pick? I don’t think so. But things can change drastically in a year or two. These past two years should have been about developing youth all along, and I think the FO was stupidly ambitious with their talk of ‘COMPETE YEAR ONE HUR DUR.’ They sold a product they couldn’t create. It needed time to bake.

Y’all need to quit the pity party . Instead be more insightful. So you really think Stan Van Gundy is the long term solution or just borrowed time? Perhaps you need to listen to Mr. McNamara more closely.

We have:
    -No shooting beyond Lonzo and Ingram (Bledsoe and JJ have so many negatives they don't even count)
    -No halfway decent individual defenders besides Lonzo, Adams, Hart, and Ingram (being very generous with Ingram... Bled is some sort of zombie of his former self)
    -An extremely weak bench
    -A very inexperienced team

We also have:
    -rebounding
    -youth
    -some raw talent

A new coach does not fix our personnel problems.

Thread Information