Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: March 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - 17-22

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    In clutch minutes he's shooting 62%TS, he just spends weirdly large amounts of time glued to the bench and doesn't take as many shots as other people.

His actual production when he does get a shot in clutch minutes is only slightly worse than his overall average (65.5%TS)

It's hard for you to be OUR CLUTCH GUY when you don't even see the ball because someone else is trying to be THE CLUTCH GUY despite a long track record of failing at it.
    A lot of his possessions in the clutch end in turnovers though. It’s not necessarily all on him, but unless we get some clutch guys in Zion will have to have more to his arsenal in those situations.

In clutch minutes he's shooting 62%TS, he just spends weirdly large amounts of time glued to the bench and doesn't take as many shots as other people.
    Care to fathom a guess why he "spends weirdly large amounts of time glued to the bench"? I've got my thoughts, as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    A lot of his possessions in the clutch end in turnovers though. It’s not necessarily all on him, but unless we get some clutch guys in Zion will have to have more to his arsenal in those situations.
    He has 7 assists and 1 turnover logged this season in clutch time.

Ingram has 2 assists and 7 turnovers in the same span.

Again, the choice is obvious.
    Basketball.

Remember when BI said "The best player on my level I've ever played with is Zion"

It was arrogant as ******** then and it just keeps getting worse

Basketball Guru
    zion playing point in clutch means everyone in the area knows zion will drive to the basket.. second option is zion passing the ball......the defense options are foul zion early in the drive and force him to shoot free throws...or pack the paint and force zion to pass to a shooter which is a chance at a turnover by smart defenders playing the passing lane....

we all have seen zion make plays in clutch moments and also turned the ball over.....its not a bad thing for people to say zion needs a midrange game in clutch moments to make it harder for defenses to stop him and make it easy on himself to score in moments like that....its best for the team

bi may miss clutch shots but he have the chance to take the clutch shots......in zion case, if the defense pack the paint on the drive then a pass or dibble turns into a turnover sometimes.....another option in his game would be better.....i should say sometimes in the 4th instead of clutch..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    zion playing point in clutch means everyone in the area knows zion will drive to the basket.. second option is zion passing the ball......the defense options are foul zion early in the drive and force him to shoot free throws...or pack the paint and force zion to pass to a shooter which is a chance at a turnover by smart defenders playing the passing lane....

we all have seen zion make plays in clutch moments and also turned the ball over.....its not a bad thing for people to say zion needs a midrange game in clutch moments to make it harder for defenses to stop him and make it easy on himself to score in moments like that....its best for the team

bi may miss clutch shots but he have the chance to take the clutch shots......in zion case, if the defense pack the paint on the drive then a pass or dibble turns into a turnover sometimes.....another option in his game would be better.....i should say sometimes in the 4th instead of clutch..
    This seems like a stream of consciousness type post....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I do this quite often.

New Orleans man, it's like jazz. We just improv.

Basketball Guru
    aye bruh, take it and run with it....its gameday....the board has to calm down sometimes and be on chill......go pels....

....I agree fam...go pels....always....

The turnovers happen after the ball moves and the clock is down. Ingram turns it over because he tends to go into isolation at that point of the game (and as a result, less assists). Also, their turnover rates are both 0.4 which means that Zion is utilized MUCH MUCH less than Ingram in the clutch (which we both agree shouldn’t be the case), so the turnover numbers are misleading there as they average a similar rate.
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 03-18-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Simply put, we aren’t good enough in the clutch. That applies to Zion too. He has to find a way to carry this team on his back in those moments.

I just can't believe this team now has to attach assets to move Bledsoe, who we didn't even have when Griff came in, or need to have at any stage

Nothing infuriates me more than having to fix completely avoidable ******** ups like that

Where's Presti when you need him. Or Morey

I just can't believe this team now has to attach assets to move Bledsoe, who we didn't even have when Griff came in, or need to have at any stage

Nothing infuriates me more than having to fix completely avoidable ******** ups like that
    He is probably the biggest factor in our clutch crapness. He is just an absolute nothingburger when we need him.

He is probably the biggest factor in our clutch crapness. He is just an absolute nothingburger when we need him.
    Aggregate number of people that exist in the world unsurprised by this: About 8 billion minus David Griffin
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-18-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Then what? Zion passes to a wide open man that misses their shot? Zion is our best player. Him passing to guys that miss their shots or driving himself into double teams isn?t an answer either. He needs more to his game
    Players have no excuse to miss wide open shots. Zion did his job. Especially, when Ingram catch & shoot is one of the best in the league. Ball is getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Players have no excuse to miss wide open shots. Zion did his job. Especially, when Ingram catch & shoot is one of the best in the league. Ball is getting better.
    I said multiple times that Zion needs to be utilized more in the clutch. It isn’t a fix for our issues though (which is entirely my point). Zion either needs to add to his game or those players have to start making shots.

Simply put, we aren’t good enough in the clutch. That applies to Zion too. He has to find a way to carry this team on his back in those moments.
    Literally impossible unless he's

A) On the floor
    B) Given the ball

Impossible to carry the team on your back if you're glued to the bench or if you're relegated to standing there watching Ingram try to use his zero-burst to generate offense.

Interesting Tidbit about the Draft Class of 2019...

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/de...DraftYear=2019

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Interesting Tidbit about the Draft Class of 2019...

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/de...DraftYear=2019
    Do you even like this team? Or are you more concerned with obsessing over our best player for the purpose of annoying another poster that you felt jilted you? This seems legitimately unhealthy what you're doing man.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Do you even like this team? Or are you more concerned with obsessing over our best player for the purpose of annoying another poster that you felt jilted you? This seems legitimately unhealthy what you're doing man.
    Did you find something in my post you didn't like?

I'm just offering balance, that's all.

Did you find something in my post you didn't like?

I'm just offering balance, that's all.
    No, you're not. You're trolling.

We get it. Zion bad, defense no good. Great, let's move on

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    No, you're not. You're trolling.

We get it. Zion bad, defense no good. Great, let's move on
    You have a slight comprehension problem. I have never said "Zion bad" (whatever that means), But, I have said his defense needs to improve. Further, people squawk about his benching at the end of game, perhaps the numbers suggest why.

Postscript: Zion isn't the only Pelican on that list. Funny how you focus on one player.

Like, how sad of an individual do you have to be to think: "Well, the only way I can achieve purpose in this world is by trolling the internet forum of my favorite team to get attention and annoy other posters?" Seriously? Pathetic man, that you would actively search for ways to denigrate the team and players on the team just to try (and fail) at a gotcha moment on a virtual platform where everyone is anonymous and their is hardly any real world weight to anything we do or say? I'm legitimately sick of it.

You have a slight comprehension problem. I have never said "Zion bad" (whatever that means), But, I have said his defense needs to improve. Further, people squawk about his benching at the end of game, perhaps the numbers suggest why.

Postscript: Zion isn't the only Pelican on that list. Funny how you focus on one player.
    But he's last. That's what you wanted us to see and be triggered by, right? Go to bed, dude.

Thread Information