Pelicans Report

Thread: IndyStar: Pelicans Among Teams Interested In Trading For Myles Turner

Rumor IndyStar: Pelicans Among Teams Interested In Trading For Myles Turner

With the trade deadline nine days away, Myles Turner's name will inevitably come up when it comes to teams who have interest in him.

There are more than a few.

The New York Knicks, L.A. Lakers, L.A. Clippers, Charlotte Hornets and New Orleans Pelicans are among those who have explored whether the Pacers are willing to part with the league's leading shot-blocker, league sources tell IndyStar.

Pelicans Interested In Trading For Myles Turner

Feels like agent chatter to drum up offers to me, but depending on the package I certainly wouldn't mind it.

He's young and his defense finally recovered this year; he had been super promising as a rookie but regressed hard. Glad to see it back.

He's still not a particularly good shooter or rebounder but (again, depending on the package) I'd be willing to give our shooting development system a spin on him and check out what happens.
    Basketball.

After trading for Adams, I do not see the Pels investing a lot to get Turner. If they wanted him, they should never have traded for Adams. I tend to agree with 'dae in that this is simply being used to drum interest elsewhere.

Basketball Guru
    forget turner....i want to see what adams,,zion and ingram together with their new pelicans team next season and see how good we really can be.......

If we could trade Adams+, while keeping Hayes, NAW, Kira and our '21 FRP for Turner, I'd be interested. (Obviously not trading Zion or Ingram here.)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Hard to keep up. I just finished reading the nice article about trading for Aaron Gordon:

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2021/3...ram-lonzo-ball

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23datruGOAT View Post
    If we could trade Adams+, while keeping Hayes, NAW, Kira and our '21 FRP for Turner, I'd be interested. (Obviously not trading Zion or Ingram here.)
    ...You'd trade Adams, Kira, NAW, *and* our 2021 FRP without protections for Turner?

Atrocious robbery by Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...You'd trade Adams, Kira, NAW, *and* our 2021 FRP without protections for Turner?

He said "while keeping" those assets after Adams.

Read closer

Swap out Adams for Turner

Can't really argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    forget turner....i want to see what adams,,zion and ingram together with their new pelicans team next season and see how good we really can be.......
    And Eric Bledsoe. Yeah we stuck with the contract

If we were to off load Bledsoe, we would have to compensate by throwing in picks and/or young players for a pretty decent return. If we're not willing, then were stuck with him. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    If we were to off load Bledsoe, we would have to compensate by throwing in picks and/or young players for a pretty decent return. If we're not willing, then were stuck with him. Simple.
    He's kind of a sunk cost, but I can't handle sunk costs that were easily avoided

Don't attach ******** to him to move him unless it's a second rounder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    The Bledsoe contract isn't as bad as some think. Remember, it is $18m next year, but worst case you can cut him after next season for only a $3.9m penalty. Not ideal, but much better than two more full years in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He said "while keeping" those assets after Adams.
    Yeah, that's my bad. I read it as ''Adams, while keeping Hayes, plus XYZ''.

My bad, much more reasonable.

Uh, yeah, we know. In what deal are you planning to trade those two guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Uh, yeah, we know. In what deal are you planning to trade those two guys?
    I'd trade Ingram for like, Luka lmao

So basically only for deals that would never actually happen.

I'd trade Ingram for like, Luka lmao

So basically only for deals that would never actually happen.
    Yeah, the cutoff for Ingram is probably like, a Dame or Butler level player or something (players who are way better but taking age/contract into account I wouldn't make that trade). And I'm sure as hell those teams wouldn't even entertain that either, short of a bevy of additional compensation.

The cutoff for Zion is like, any current player short of 2009 LeBron lmao, I wouldn't even trade him for Giannis or Luka (Though I would still have to pseudo-consider it).
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 03-16-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Thread Information