Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle is trending right now

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    done
    Bye. See you next week.

The guy we should have kept is not Randle. Or Wood. More score first guys that would have just kept the ball out of Zion's hands.

The guy who could help this team is Kenrich Williams. I hated the Adams trade, but if we sent out Bledsoe instead of Hill and kept Williams, we would be much better. Or, just never traded for Adams at all and kept Kenrich. But HE is the one who got away IMO. Exactly what we need right now - a multi positional defender who is shooting 40% from 3 and who can rebound
    @mcnamara247

I loved the Adams trade. just saying..
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The guy we should have kept is not Randle. Or Wood. More score first guys that would have just kept the ball out of Zion's hands.

The guy who could help this team is Kenrich Williams. I hated the Adams trade, but if we sent out Bledsoe instead of Hill and kept Williams, we would be much better. Or, just never traded for Adams at all and kept Kenrich. But HE is the one who got away IMO. Exactly what we need right now - a multi positional defender who is shooting 40% from 3 and who can rebound
    I agree with you about Kenrich, though I think Randle would have been a relatively cheap, movable investment relative to what we got in Favors. Further, though I grew up in the era of big man basketball, and I do respect Adams' game, he is horrible fit on this team.

Interesting thought. Forgot about him.

With 140 to 120 scores etc . Not many teams are playing good defense right now.

Had to see if Kenny Hustle was still in the league. Sure enough, he is still hustling. We got a square to put in a round hole (Adams), and a guy who has given up since getting paid (Bledsoe).

Man, we traded Jrue, and came away with boobie prizes (and not even the chest kind). Sure we got assets (Adams, Bledsoe, picks), but man, was it worth the cost?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Had to see if Kenny Hustle was still in the league. Sure enough, he is still hustling. We got a square to put in a round hole (Adams), and a guy who has given up since getting paid (Bledsoe).

Man, we traded Jrue, and came away with boobie prizes (and not even the chest kind). Sure we got assets (Adams, Bledsoe, picks), but man, was it worth the cost?
    Now you got posters that don’t want to cash in and make this team better. See Myles Turner thread.

At least Randle won't go down without a fight. This team gets hosed and just looks around lost.

#Pelslife

Great point. I did not agree with the Adams trade at all and still don't, but did not even think about how much we could use Kenrich now.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Great point. I did not agree with the Adams trade at all and still don't, but did not even think about how much we could use Kenrich now.
    It's unfathomable how Griffin rationalised all the explicit costs and opportunity costs used to get Adams

He's a pretty good player but at some point you have to ask yourself, am I super wildly overpaying for a guy who's not even really a needle mover

If the answer is even close to quite possibly, you don't go through with it

I swear, 95% of people on this board would realise how ********ing stupid it was

But he is an overrated player. Plays no defense

To say this franchise never surrounded Anthony Davis with talent is just ignorant at this point.

Julius played well in his short time here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    To say this franchise never surrounded Anthony Davis with talent is just ignorant at this point.

Julius played well in his short time here as well.
    .....and loved the city and wanted to stay!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    .....and loved the city and wanted to stay!!
    We prefer to develop players (So they can leave us), retreads, and wash ups.

Let?s do a check in today

He may get MVP too.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    He may get MVP too.
    Put the drugs down.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Put the drugs down.
    Read post # 62

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Read post # 62
    Was DeMarcus Cousins an MVP candidate in 2017-18 because he had that 40/20/10 game?

Is Westbrook an MVP candidate because he's averaging 24/13/12 over his last 23 games?

Gotta look at
    A) Overall body of work on the season
    B) Team success/impact

Jokic has been the MVP since about January and Julius Randle isn't even top 5 in candidacy.

Was DeMarcus Cousins an MVP candidate in 2017-18 because he had that 40/20/10 game?

Is Westbrook an MVP candidate because he's averaging 24/13/12 over his last 23 games?

Gotta look at
    A) Overall body of work on the season
    B) Team success/impact

Jokic has been the MVP since about January and Julius Randle isn't even top 5 in candidacy.
    https://clutchpoints.com/the-only-wa...-nikola-jokic/

Quit your hatred for Randle . Randle is a MVP candidate and that is fact!
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-24-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Preach

If your argument is ''Kendrick Perkins agrees with me'' you may want to rethink your entire life.

If your argument is ''Kendrick Perkins agrees with me'' you may want to rethink your entire life.
    https://fadeawayworld.net/2021/04/22...e-him-serious/

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...er-in-the-nba/

Thread Information