Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle is trending right now

Quote Originally Posted by liger420 View Post
    Here's the deal. Randle is a less efficient player than he was in New Orleans. The difference is his usage rate and that the Knicks offence is built around him. He brings the ball up a ton. He is playing six minutes more a game and shooting the ball 2-3 more times a night. So he's averaging 2 rebounds more and a point or two more while shooting a worse percentage. Big deal. You can't win anything with Zion and Randle playing together. Randle would not be averaging what he is if they were both here.
    I thought this would be pretty obvious, but some guys just can't give up the hill they want to die on

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He got 20 mil per for 3 years with the Knicks, average of 20 mil which is what I said

You're super salty that we didn't re-sign him for 20mil+ a year then quickly look for a trading partner

Things don't exist in a vaccuum. Randle doesn't have a careeer year here with Zion and BI taking the bulk of the usage. Stop pretending like he would have.
    You said, 80MM for four, but that's a matter of semantics.

The third and final year of his contract (next year) is voidable at 4MM; so the risk/reward on his contract is quite negligible (The Knicks got themselves a bargain). He proved himself on the court (in New Orleans for Alvin), wanted to stay in New Orleans (how many players view NO as a preferred destination), and is younger and the same size as the back up (Favors) who we brought in to essentially replace him (I'll leave it to you to assess that brain-fart).

Lastly the Cost...

Favors - Basically the same money in year one and two second round draft picks

Randle - Practically the same cap hit as Favors in year one and no compensation required.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-16-2021 at 01:32 PM.

So let?s eat Eric Bledsoe?s contract instead. Solomon Hill is laughing

I thought this would be pretty obvious, but some guys just can't give up the hill they want to die on
    Completely ignoring that Randle was not having a good year at all last year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Completely ignoring that Randle was not having a good year at all last year, too.
    Yeah, you're right; you can find 20/10/3 under any rock. Remind me, what did Derrick Favors give us?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    https://theknickswall.com/julius-ran...knicks-season/

I love how he said that Randle was not having a good season last year and you respond with another link about this year. This article is 6 days old.

You're just spraying nonsense about this at this point.
    Basketball.

It’s odd to think Zion couldn’t win with Randell, because looking at our current record, it doesn’t seem like the players we have can win with Zion either.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I love how he said that Randle was not having a good season last year and you respond with another link about this year. This article is 6 days old.

Is this nonsense? 19.5/ 9.7/ 3.1.

I know...I know you can find these numbers on a moment's notice, but it sure beats 9/9.8/1.6 in most circles.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yeah, you're right; you can find 20/10/3 under any rock. Remind me, what did Derrick Favors give us?
    Are you even capable of any sort of coherent argument?

No idea why you straw manned Favors into this

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Is this nonsense? 19.5/ 9.7/ 3.1.

I know...I know you can find these numbers on a moment's notice, but it sure beats 9/9.8/1.6 in most circles.
    Blindly quoting stats without a semblance of context just plasters all over the walls that your IQ isn't much above 18 or so
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-16-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Are you even capable of any sort of coherent argument?
    There is no argument more coherent than one supported by irrefutable facts and not wishy-washy conjecture.

But, I sure am sorry, mate, I'm simply incapable of expressing myself at your level. Arguments like your "some guys just can't give up the hill they want to die on" are 'awe-inspiring. Now that's quite a cogent argument, huh? I'm simply in awe.

What is this? Round 7?

Buddy Hield had one of the best 3pt percentages of all time, but Sacramento would need to attach about 3 first round picks to move him

So lets stop limiting our arguments to player H shot X/Y/Z please? It does nothing but dumb down the whole discourse of this forum
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-16-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Blindly quoting stats without a semblance of context just plasters all over the walls that your IQ isn't much above 18 or so
    Another awe-inspiring, coherent argument. You are a master-baiter (sp).
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-16-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It’s odd to think Zion couldn’t win with Randell, because looking at our current record, it doesn’t seem like the players we have can win with Zion either.
    Perhaps Zion is better off in NY with Randle and Barrett? Yeah that will leave a bad taste in your mouth. At least Davis spent 7 years here before he had enough. Only a matter of time before Zion gets sick of this same ole ******** year after year.

We know you are a Randle basher. Here you go from 3 days ago

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...three-decades/

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We know you are a Randle basher. Here you go from 3 days ago

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...three-decades/
    You are missing my point entirely. In fact, this new article is worse than the first.

Because both of them are referring to this season. When you used the first one, you would using it to respond to someone talking about last season. Please try and understand that comments on what a player does in March of 2021 are not representative of the way they were playing in March 2020.

You are missing my point entirely. In fact, this new article is worse than the first.

Because both of them are referring to this season. When you used the first one, you would using it to respond to someone talking about last season. Please try and understand that comments on what a player does in March of 2021 are not representative of the way they were playing in March 2020.
    No ********. He is much better. Thanks for making my point .

Meanwhile, Randle's replacement in New Orleans is a now a bench jockey in Utah.

But....

We definitely made the right move, huh?

13 - 3 and his alt As I See It are making me really want to leave this board for ever

Jesus Christ, they literally have the worst takes on the whole of the Internet

13 - 3 and his alt As I See It are making me really want to leave this board for ever

Jesus Christ, they literally have the worst takes on the whole of the Internet
    Can't speak for my 'alt', but by all means, please feel free to exercise your 'want', and beat it.

It's not making your point at all.

If your point is ''but Randle improved'', then you should say ''Randle improved''. Not act as if your links from this year disprove what someone said about what happened last year.

If you think what happened last year is irrelevant, then say that, but don't just spam links about an entirely different season.

It's not making your point at all.

If your point is ''but Randle improved'', then you should say ''Randle improved''. Not act as if your links from this year disprove what someone said about what happened last year.

If you think what happened last year is irrelevant, then say that, but don't just spam links about an entirely different season.
    We know you hate Randle bruh. Is this the best you can do? Randle made the ASG but I guess that is spam to in your mind.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-16-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information