Pelicans Report

Thread: Pels pursuing Larry Nance Jr?

Pels pursuing Larry Nance Jr?

Bledsoe getting moved? Update sound like Cavs want multiple draft picks.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...e-jr/95370912/

Overpay to upgrade from Melli?

I wouldn't give 2 late firsts for LNJ

God no. Exactly the type of move we’d make though

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Impose;1550070]I wouldn't give 2 late firsts for LNJ[/QUOTE

I'd accept an argument of fit or whether he's even worth his contract. But two late firsts is the hold up? Is it because of two firsts for him? Or would you rather we keep the two firsts and hope we find our own Keldon Johnson instead of the next Ty Jerome?

Or is Nance worth missing out on some hypothetical future trade by giving up assets early for...whatever Nance even is right now?
    Last edited by Eman5805; 03-06-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Hopefully Griff isn't as big of an idiot as I think he is and doesn't feel he has to overpay for an average big as damage control. Fingers crossed.

[QUOTE=Eman5805;1550073]
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I wouldn't give 2 late firsts for LNJ[/QUOTE

I'd accept an argument of fit or whether he's even worth his contract. But two late firsts is the hold up? Is it because of two firsts for him? Or would you rather we keep the two firsts and hope we find our own Keldon Johnson instead of the next Ty Jerome?

Or is Nance worth missing out on some hypothetical future trade by giving up assets early for...whatever Nance even is right now?
    I like Nance Jr, but we can only really use Bledsoe or JJ to get a deal done and they have similar value to Nance IMO so 2 1sts is overkill

Well then

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Well then

Haha, I like him more now ��

Nance is cool and he's good, but he's 28 and averaging something like 9/6/2 on straight up league average TS% (this year he's been good from 3 but awful from the line). While most of his value comes defensively, and he is a strong defender, he's not all-defense or anything like that.

To give up multiple firsts for that is just a flat out weird move in my view, and I wouldn't do it. I don't think he moves the needle for us significantly and I wouldn't move massive assets on someone I don't think is a different maker.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nance is cool and he's good, but he's 28 and averaging something like 9/6/2 on straight up league average TS% (this year he's been good from 3 but awful from the line). While most of his value comes defensively, and he is a strong defender, he's not all-defense or anything like that.

To give up multiple firsts for that is just a flat out weird move in my view, and I wouldn't do it. I don't think he moves the needle for us significantly and I wouldn't move massive assets on someone I don't think is a different maker.
    I think it’s who we get rid of that will move the needle.

You package those picks for a star or for the final piece. Not 28 year old Larry Pants Jr. Why are we so allergic to rebuilding the right way? It’s exactly the type of dumb rumor I’d expect to be true. God help us if it is

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You package those picks for a star or for the final piece. Not 28 year old Larry Pants Jr. Why are we so allergic to rebuilding the right way? It’s exactly the type of dumb rumor I’d expect to be true. God help us if it is
    If we can get rid of Bledsoe and JJ, then I’d do it. Other than that, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    You don’t get rid of JJ. Bledsoe is a negative. Reddick has some value even now. As for Bledsoe, I don’t think a swap for an expiring is out of the question. Some team will be over ambitious and take a chance on him I’m sure. Always that one team that wants to get a piece for a playoff push.

If you have to attach picks to shed Bledsoe, you've failed in another way anyway.

Especially when you think about how close we are to the cap: if we gave up Bledsoe and JJ for Nance we'd be giving up $30+m in salary for a guy who only has less than $10m on salary. So who else are we taking back from Cleveland to match?

It becomes a big mess of matching: Nance simply isn't a big enough contract for us to pull the trade our waste, addition by subtraction game, and even if his contract was big enough you're then under fire for shedding picks just to get off a contract which shouldn't even be unmovable in the first place.

Not a fan, still.

If you have to attach picks to shed Bledsoe, you've failed in another way anyway.

Especially when you think about how close we are to the cap: if we gave up Bledsoe and JJ for Nance we'd be giving up $30+m in salary for a guy who only has less than $10m on salary. So who else are we taking back from Cleveland to match?

It becomes a big mess of matching: Nance simply isn't a big enough contract for us to pull the trade our waste, addition by subtraction game, and even if his contract was big enough you're then under fire for shedding picks just to get off a contract which shouldn't even be unmovable in the first place.

Not a fan, still.
    I’m sure there was a team at one point that wanted Bledsoe and Griff hit em with- ‘I want three 1st round picks, three pick swaps- hello?’

There are rumors that Griff was asking a stupid amount for Bledsoe and Reddick which would make sense. If we truly wanted to do a straight swap for Bled, we would have done it by now. Griff is trying to salvage his bad decision to hold onto the guy.

Not a fan, still.
    I’ll be honest. I just want the vet guards gone, so the young guys can develop. NAW and Kira deserve minutes, but these two dinosaurs want to keep holding the team back. I think a young team needs vets, but to be a bench and leadership ear. Someone like UH has been for the young Heat bigs. For whatever reason, the Pels vets haven’t wanted that role. Another reason, why keeping Bledsoe was a really big speed bump for the future. I don’t want to give up any picks, none the less.

I’m sure there was a team at one point that wanted Bledsoe and Griff hit em with- ‘I want three 1st round picks, three pick swaps- hello?’

There are rumors that Griff was asking a stupid amount for Bledsoe and Reddick which would make sense. If we truly wanted to do a straight swap for Bled, we would have done it by now. Griff is trying to salvage his bad decision to hold onto the guy.
    Which is pathetic considering it’s actually damaging the growth of the team. Bledsoe has no desire to lead this young team. I’d rather sign Jarret Jack right now than keep Bledsoe.

Which is pathetic considering it’s actually damaging the growth of the team. Bledsoe has no desire to lead this young team. I’d rather sign Jarret Jack right now than keep Bledsoe.
    Only this organization could acquire a treasure trove of picks and ******** it all away on Larry Nance Jr. I don’t think the rumors of us betting picks on him are true, but it would be just like us to do something like this. If Griff wants to maintain any credibility as a ‘tough negotiator,’ he won’t do something this unfathomably stupid.

I agree 100 percent that Bledsoe is a clown and I want nothing to do with him. Griff shouldn’t have bent over to OKC on the Adams trade to begin with. He should have gone there instead of Hill.

I doubt that.

The way I see it, our guys that we have on the block openly (Redick, Bled) have not been good overall this year. They are nobody's first option in a trade situation. Anyone who is looking for a deadeye shooter is looking elsewhere right now, not at Redick as option 1.

Therefore the market for our guys isn't that desperate right now. As we approach the deadline, certain guys get moved and options come off the table, teams will feel more of the pressure and their price will go up somewhat. Obviously how far it goes up remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Griff is waiting for that to happen: for the other shoe to drop, some of the First Choice Trade Targets to move, and for teams to then re-orient their expectations towards a Redick or a Bledsoe.

Griff has never got a decent offer for Bled. Got a solid one before the season for JJ and teams have been open to moving some players better than you would imagine for Lonzo. But concrete offers arent thrown out yet. Teams dont think in a vaccum. They have numerous players they would like and want the best value possible. So, unless they have a guy clearly at the top of their wish list, they arent going to make an offer yet. Now...if Washington makes Beal available today, the Wiz will get concrete offers.

But Lonzo, JJ, Bledsoe....those conversations are all vague with possible perameters put in right now. Nobody is making a concrete offer for any of those guys because none of those guys are at the top of the wish list. But 24, 36 hours before the deadline... he will get some concrete offers
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Griff has never got a decent offer for Bled. Got a solid one before the season for JJ and teams have been open to moving some players better than you would imagine for Lonzo. But concrete offers arent thrown out yet. Teams dont think in a vaccum. They have numerous players they would like and want the best value possible. So, unless they have a guy clearly at the top of their wish list, they arent going to make an offer yet. Now...if Washington makes Beal available today, the Wiz will get concrete offers.

But Lonzo, JJ, Bledsoe....those conversations are all vague with possible perameters put in right now. Nobody is making a concrete offer for any of those guys because none of those guys are at the top of the wish list. But 24, 36 hours before the deadline... he will get some concrete offers
    What would be your odds for a trade of any one if of them, all of them at once, or some combination going out in a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What would be your odds for a trade of any one if of them, all of them at once, or some combination going out in a deal?
    I think JJ has the best odds. Somewhere around 35-40%. Bledsoe next around 20 and Lonzo around 10%. I think it is more likely that 1 are traded than none, but more likely that none are traded than 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think JJ has the best odds. Somewhere around 35-40%. Bledsoe next around 20 and Lonzo around 10%. I think it is more likely that 1 are traded than none, but more likely that none are traded than 2 or 3.
    Mac please, allow me to dream.

Thread Information